Alan Jackson
June 26, 2024, 11:53:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer's End - September  (Read 41427 times)
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:03 am »

I was thinking that too, and Terry has been absent recently too.  Prayers for them, they might need them.   Leslie
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 09:46:59 am »

Hello, my AJ friends,

I welcome this new week as it has been one heck of a crazy week at home last week. Our expected house guests this past weekend weren't able to make it. My SIL had to have a skin cancer removed from the back of her hand so she wasn't able to take my in-laws down for a visit. That's ok, at least the house got mostly cleaned up. . .LOL! It was a very tiring week. I also had a mild asthma attack last Saturday night that followed a bad case of allergy (I'm highly allergic to dust mite and cigarette smoke/fume. . .and we're surrounded by neighbors who are smokers [no offense to the smokers here]. . .along with pollen, spores and shellfish; all of the above are triggers of asthma for me). I'm glad I have Abuterol inhaler prescribed by my doctor. I always keep it handy. Took my allergy med along with that and I was fine. Still have a touch of the allergy, though. But I'm ok. I'm taking this week to relax some.

Harriet, thinking and praying for you right now.

Sharon, I've been wondering about Jeri too. Just like you, hoping also that everything is ok with her. . .and her husband too. Missing the others that hasn't been posting here in awhile too.

Jean-Az, enjoy your travel to Italy. I'm envious of you.

Carolyn, just read your email. Sorry that I had not emailed you back in awhile. Been so busy I'm now way behind with all of my correspondences. I'll be in touch soonest I can. Continued prayers for you.

JeanB, thanks for sharing your autographed almanac with us. That is great.

Anita Martina, thanks for the continued prayers for my hubby. Appreciate it.

Tammy, thank you for your vote of confidence. . .re: Alan's Angels T-shirt design. :-) WOW! That's a pretty big project to take for someone like me who is limited to and dependant on greeting cards software programs. Continously praying for you and your Dad.

Sue, I read with great pleasure your review of Alan's concert in Bangor. I saw your post last night on our way out to dinner so I printed it out and read it while dining. If you haven't done so, you should send it to Cindy for the next issue of the newsletter.

Elaine, Nelle, Leslie, Dizzy, Jinx, Kathy, Gayle, Gwen, Terry and everyone else I may have amiss. . . .Hello to all of you.

Prayers to everyone here who needs it. Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week. Take care all.

HUGS,
BHR

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 03:21:32 pm »

Hi Ladies,

Everything Ok with me. Still make my bicycle trips. Last sunday i went for 90kms/60 miles. That's feld good !!!
Love "She's Walking Away" very much. There's a new album at the "Home" page i will buy: "The Patriot Collection". Alan Jackson contribution "All American Country Boy" is great.
On my almanac Alan wrote : "To Jean. Thanks for your support."  It's on a special place on my, computerroom, wall.

Anita, The Country Festival in The Netherlands was in Thorn. Not far of Maastricht. Are you over the jetlag yet.lol.

Harriet, Succes on your surgery today. Remember you in my prayers.

Sue, whaw ! A red Mustang! My dream car! Have you a picture?.

Dizzy, toughts and prayers for your sister.

Jean Az, Toscany is BEAUTIFUL !!! Maybe it's a little late in the season? Great wines and pastas ... try them !!!
Are you sure your pasport is still good? If i was you i'll ask before leaving. I think the pasports are good for only three years? Maybe Anita know?  Enjoy your trip. If you like to know how the weather is, i can let you know.

have a good day everybody and a big hugh to all of you.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010, 04:30:39 pm »

JeanAZ, the passports are good for 5 years in Canada. 
JeanB, yes I did not have much jetlag.  I just remembered when we got home to go to bed on our time and got up on our time and I was pretty good.  By the way, I was in Thorn when I was in Holland.  That is a nice little town.  The call it the white town.  All the houses are white along the main street.  I ate at a restaurant in that town and it was very good. 
I was wondering where you were because I did not see you on here for the last few days.  But I know what that is like.  I am quite busy too, so I try to get on as soon as I get home from work.  Now I joined a gym, so I will want to do that a few days a week.  Well I am glad that you are okay and you are bicycling.  I see that you received your newsletter.

Does anybody watch America's Got Talent?  If anyone does, who do you think is going to win?  The four that are left are all fantastic in their own way.  I like them all.  The 10 year old girl is fabulous.  To be able to sing like that at her age.  The group,  I can't remember their name.  Something like ......Gravity.  I like watching them.  The guy Michael Grasse (Huh), he has a very good voice.  Prince Poppycock. WELL. He is very talented making his own costumes, face makeup and has a fantastic voice.  If I had to choose, Prince Poppycock.  He puts on a good show.  Even though, I like them all.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 02:17:55 am »

Yes Anita Martina I watch AGT also.  It is going to be a tough one.  I feel PP did not do as well this week.  Last week would have been a great one for the finale so I don't know............I like them all but am leaning towards Michael Grasso as he seems so humble and I know the little one and Fighting Gravity will do well in their careers.  I LOVED PP but last night I don't Know!!!  I think they are all Winners!

Gwen
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 05:31:29 am »

Yes I know what you mean Gwen.  Poppycock did not do so well.  I really liked Michael Grimme last night(I believe I was wrong with his last name when I wrote the last time). It is going to be a tough choice.  Like you say, they are all going to get something out of it.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 01:09:26 pm »

OK FRIENDS, I AM CALLING THIS "MA DOES ITALY", THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT..YOU ARE SUCH DEARS, BUT I GOTTA TELL YOU, THIS HAS GOT ME BITING MY NAILS. WENT TO ENGLAND WITH KIDS 4 YEARS AGO, AND THEY SPEAK THE LANGUAGE..SORTA, AND THERE WAS JUST A COMFORT ZONE THERE.  BUT MY FRIENDS THAT HAVE BEEN TO ITALY, AND GUIDE BOOKS I READ SAY "GAURD YOUR BELONGINGS, THIEVES ABOUND", ONE BOOK EVEN SAID "VIOLENT CRIME IN ITALY IS NOT AT ALL COMMON..BUT THIEVING IS..ESPECIALLY TARGETING (STUPID) AMERICAN TOURISTS IN WHITE TENNIS SHOES AND BALL CAPS!  AND..DON'T TALK ABOUT THE MAFIA OR WORLD WAR 2, APPARENTLY THE DEARS ARE SENSITIVE.  WASN'T REALLY ON MY LIST OF CONVERSATION OPENERS ANYWAY.  AND "ITS IMPOLITE TO ASK SOMEONE WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING"...OR WOULD THAT TIE INTO THE MAFIA THING. ALSO "ITALIANS DON'T RESPECT LINES, SO WHEN IN ONE STAND CLOSE TO THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU", NOW FRIENDS, PARDON MY ENGLISH ANCESTRY, BUT I'M NOT SURE I'M OK WITH THAT KIND OF INTIMACY!!  OH, AND THIS REALLY CONCERNS ME, "BRING YOUR OWN FACE CLOTHS, SOAP, AND...ARE YOU READY FOR THIS...TOILET PAPER"...JUST IN CASE.  OH BOY, I CAN SEE ME NOW, A LITTLE OLD LADY IN BLACK SHOES, BABUSHKA, CARRYING A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER UNDER HER SHIRT SO IT DOESN'T GET STOLEN. AND TO THINK I HAVE TO LEAVE MY BELOVED MINNESOTA TWINS BASEBALL CAP BEHIND.
BUT...THEY SURE CAN SING, CAN'T THEY?  BE WELL AND STAY WELL

jean-paranoid-in-arizona
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010, 01:55:48 pm »

BHR sorry to hear you had a asthma attack.
Glad you have meds for it.
Jean glad you are still riding as I know how
much you enjoy it.
Anita I did hear the ten year old sing.She has
a great voice for someone so young.I watch
So you think you can dance this year.
Jean (AZ) you gave me a good laugh this
morning.I pictured you dressed like that and
carrying your toilet paper.(LOL)
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010, 07:15:23 pm »

JeanAZ - that's quite a picture you paint!  HA!  I think you will be fine, just use common sense and enjoy yourself.  You'll be with your family - they will take care of you.   Can't wait for the trip report when you return!

JeanB - glad you are still riding your bicycle.  Enjoy!

Started my part-time job yesterday & was there again today.  Mostly training these two days - always so much to learn.  I will be learning lots of new stuff & more computer skills - so that's exciting.    Don't go back until next week and eventually will be doing most of the work from home.   This is my ideal part-time job. 

Harriet, stay cool - we're here for you!
Jeri & Terry - hope everthing is ok - we haven't heard from you guys in awhile.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 12:40:19 am »

Got my laugh for the day Jean B................Now when I look in the linen closet I will be so thankful!!!

Gwen
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 07:35:10 am »

Jean (AZ) what a picture you paint!  Relax and enjoy it, it probably isn't that bad.  Leslie
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 09:05:26 am »

Good Morning Y'all,

Jean/AZ:  Love your post and sense of humor!  I have heard that about wandering hands in Italy.  When I went to British Isles, we had to bring our own face cloths, so that's not unusual.  You'll be fine, remember your son and dil will keep your back!  As far as the tiolet paper, you can get travel size!  LOL! 

I have been on the computer all morning.  Wish I could say I had been productive, but I'm been reading email, fb, etc.  Of course I guess that's productive.  Of course, I'm still in my bathrobe and that's the problem.  I have payroll and some work to do, and even though I'm in my "home" office, I don't feel like I've started to work until I get dressed.  So as soon as I get this posted, I'm going to get dressed....Probably more info that you wanted.  LOL!

I suppose Jeri is still with us, she had a post on CMT about the awards last night.

I'm thinking of getting tickets for the Birthday Bash at the GOO.  Jerry loves Dolly Parton.  We had a bad experience when she was in Charlotte in 1978 and poor Jerry doesn't like concerts because of it.  Or at least that's his excuse.

I'm Walking Away by ZB/AJ is playing on the radio as I type.  I really like that song and the video is great. 

Kathy, glad you like the p/t job.  It helps when you like it and get paid too.  I wish my son paid me more money!  LOL!

Okay, I'm serious about getting to work this time.  I hope..........

Y'all have a great day!  Order tickets tonight at 1:00 a.m. EST for N. Charleston!!!!!  Yippee!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 01:07:59 pm »

Guys sorry I didn't have access to a computer in MS,so busy too.we just got in late last night and too tired to post..

my husband has been so tired of being in the hospital & just asked the Dr if we could take a few days off to visit HOME in MS... Finally visited Mom's grave. my Sister was out there in the MS house and we got to visit others to. we all went out to eat Fish one night at our favorite place in MS.

we could not wait to get back to Nashville to see our new grandTwins, they are so cute & all over the place..we went to the Factory and made photos but we got tired of walking so not much of that,. Ate at Amerigo's, my favorite restaurant that serves TiraMisu, my favorite dessert..at Cool Springs I think.. The House looks like there was no flood now but all nealy painted and cleaned, just no furniture yet, not much that wasn't lost..replaced yet.. The babies have room to run oh MY! and they DO- LOL. They visited us in our Hotel most of the time.. We had to stop lots on the way,my hip went out and my hubby was tired..I guess we rode too much after my fall. Have to go to Dr for that now. Hubby will get a second opinion for surgery on his pancreas.. it's too serious not to. Thanks for your prayers and well wishes..
So proud to hear Alan got the prestegious Award from ASCAP. he should after all the years of GREAT work!
 we took our time traveling, since hubby could not rush.. we will be back to the DR's this coming week, so no time to post
now .keeps me busy just cooking, when I can. Our Hotel in MS was right by a restaurant, so that made it easy for us.
my Sister and family was in the MS house and it's too crowed for two families to be comfortable. They were back there to have her six months cancer check and other tests..
Take care Everyone and nice to be HOME too. Hugs and prayers to all of you who need them. Harriet, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. You take care and get better soon..I hope ALL the Hurricanes miss us LOL
Dizzy , so sorry about your Sis and prayers that she will be well soon. You take care too and I'm glad they sent her there to the Hospital, I like that one better for serious things..It's the Best for Heart Problems too, they say..
God Blessings to All. BHR, I hope your hubby is better too and you are holding up well, love and prayers to all,
God Bless, Jerrie

« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 12:44:25 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 01:36:36 pm »

Kathy enjoy your part time job.It is
always nice to learn something new.
Sharon I am like you .My day doesn't
start until I am dressed.
Jeri nice to see you are posting .Glad you
enjoyed your trip.Still have your hubby in
my prayers.
It rained hard last night,I could hear it
when I was in bed.Today is cloudy but
no rain so far.
Elaine

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 01:39:26 pm »

Good to see you posting again Jerri and glad you finally got to take your trip to MS and TN!  I have been to that Amerigo's in Cool Springs - very good.  You and your husbad take care - will be keeping you in my prayers.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: