Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 04:37:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: September Thread  (Read 107262 times)
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 11:32:58 am »

PS...FRIENDS, SCREEN WAS DOING THAT ANNOYING ROLL THING AGAIN..JUST WANTED TO ADD HOW VERY ANGERED  I FELT OVER SERENA'S FOUL MOUTHED TANTRUM AT THE OPEN.  I UNDERSTAND "COMPETIVENESS", BUT I ALSO KNOW THAT HOW YOU BEHAVE AT MOMENTS LIKE THAT SHOWS YOUR CHARACTER, OR LACK OF IT.  I GET THOROUGHLY SICK OF THAT "F" WORD BEING TOSSED AROUND LIKE CONFETTI.  AND AS FAR AS THAT KANYE WHATEVER HIS NAME IS AND HIS DISPLAY AT TAYLOR SWIFT'S AWARD, WHAT A PATHETIC DISPLAY THAT WAS.  PROUD OF THE WAY TAYLOR HANDLED THE INTERVIEW FOLLOWING, SHE REFUSED TO BE DRAWN IN TO A CONTROVERSY.  GOOD FOR YOU, TAYLOR.  AND BEYONCE SHOWED NOTHING BUT CLASS.  BUT...JUST ABOUT THE TIME I DESPAIR OVER THE LACK OF CIVILITY AND MANNERS IN GENERAL...SOMETHING OR SOMEONE SHOWS ME THAT ITS NOT ALL LOST..CAN'T TELL YOU THE NUMBER OF TIMES SOME YOUNGSTER HAS STOPPED TO OPEN A DOOR FOR ME (EVEN WITH THEIR BAGGY JEANS AND HATS ON BACKWARD!) OR SOMEONE DOES A "RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS" , AND I REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE STILL PLENTY OF FOLKS JUST DOING THE NICE THING.  (AND I REMIND MYSELF TO TRY TO BE ONE OF THEM.)
jean-az/allALAN-THE-GENTLEMANalways.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 02:29:54 pm »

Haven't been online for a couple of days.Been
busy running to the Dr.He finally got the
right pill to lower my blood pressure.Have to
go to Kelowna to see my kidney speacilist this
afternoon.Have to do that once a year.Seems
like a waste of time when everything is ok.Need
to keep him incase something does go wrong.I
wouldn't go back to the one here .He is the rudest
Dr I have ever been to.It has been hot during the
days but cools down in the evening.
Jean their is so many people that don't have
respect for others.My daughter has brought up her
kids to call people Mr or Mrs but found soon found
our that wasn't going to work.Her  oldest girl was in
grade three when she came home and called her by her
first name Teresa went to the school and the teacher said
she can call me Mrs but I won't answer her.
Elaine

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2009, 05:40:16 pm »

Has anyone put in a bid for Alan's autographed jeans at the Charity Auction, Clothes Off Our Back?

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2009, 09:09:54 am »

Just a brief note here, friends, to say hello and let you all know that we're back home safe and sound. I will be back here a little later to share with you all our adventure. . . .Boy, what an adventure it was! Yes, we did find a place for us to live there and not too far from hubby's main workplace in Newnan. Stay tuned, my friends.

BHR

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2009, 11:41:48 pm »

BHR, good to hear your trip was successful in finding a home.  Get some rest now.

Sherry, did you bid on the pants?  I have two pair, one with the holes and one without, both autographed so I won't be bidding this time.  Hope they raise a lot of money for charity again.

Elaine, how did your doctor's appointment go?

Jean, yes I agree there are too many "stars" out there that are rude and can't take defeat but there are also all those nice young ones that were taught right too.

Harriet, enjoy your concert tomorrow night.  Hope you're feeling much better now.

Jean, good to hear you're feeling better.  Hope you have nice weather to ride when you get the chance.

Not much new around here, just work and homework.  Hubby's BD is next week so we will probably go out to dinner for both of our BD's this weekend.  Thank you all for the nice birthday wishes. 
My job ends tomorrow (at least as I know it)  I hope for some respite clients but not many available right now.
Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

Livin' On Love in California
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2009, 12:10:13 am »

BHR glad your trip went well and you found
a home to move to.
Terry my Dr's appointment went as I thought
it would.Every thing is ok. he odered a bone
density test as I haven't had one in two years.
I hope goes well with your new set up for work.
Another hot day here.Nice that the nights are cool.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2009, 09:47:38 am »

Good Morning, Everyone!

I'm taking a short pause here before my son and I start tackling some packing chores and before I get too busy to come and post here about our trip to GA. I would be lying if I say that the trip had not been too bad for me because in a way it was. The search for our new home was fine but the drive to and from GA has been a bit too much for me. But other than that, I was fine. We decided to rent an apartment while trying once again to sell our condominium unit in WA for however much we can get for it to get out from under the monthly mortgage payments and property taxes we're currently paying. We agreed to wait for a year or 2 or so before we start looking to buy a house. Now to our adventure.

First off, we didn't leave until Sunday due to the stormy weather we had Saturday. Hubby didn't want to deal with it and much rather wait until the next day when the weather forecast said it would be sunny and it was. Newnan, indeed, is a small town with a number of new business here and there. We kind of got lost looking for the hotel hubby made a reservation to before we left. We found out that using a GPS device to help you find some places there can be problematic. Hubby made a hotel reservation to one named Jameson Inn and according to the address given at their online site it is located at #40 Lakeside Way. Hubby's GPS device directed hm to Lakeside Drive as it did not have Lakeside Way on it. So, he drove on going up the hilly road of Lakeside Drive which turned out to be a residential area and not a single business structure is in sight. Thinking that we may have just driven by it, hubby made another round and it took us right back where we started. :-) He finally asked me to call up the hotel for direction. The first thing the night clerk asked me was if we're using a GPS device. Apparently, we weren't their only patrons that got sorta lost. She then directed us to go to Bullsboro Drive and there we found it. On one side of the hotel is Lakeside Way, as shown on their road map and Google map too, and the other side, is Bullsboro Drive. But we, however, didn't have problems locating the apartment complexes we looked at as their names are prominently displayed by their entrances and therefore can be easily seen from the road.

As I previously said, I had a bit of a problem going to and from GA. My lower back, where I had a surgery 5 years ago, just about killed me. So we decided to go to Newnan's Walmart store and buy me some ibuprofen and a small step stool to help make it easier for me to get in and out of our SUV. We found the address online but couldn't find the location when we drove there. So we decided to go to the one located in Peachtree City. Can't find that one either. . .LOL! We saw a Books A Million bookstore so we decided to stop by there, buy a few books and then ask the cashier for direction. When we finally got to the place we found out why we couldn't find it in the first place. We were looking for the usual big tall sign that Walmart stores have near the road. Instead, their store sign was curved on the cement wall at the shopping plaza/mini mall (?!?!?. . .I'm definitely a big city girl. . .LOL!) entrance and the lettering are small enough that you'll miss it if you're not looking in that direction. Plus, the entrance is not located by the main road either. I can see now that we'll be doing quite a lot of driving around to familiarize ourselves on the locations of business places there.

Speaking of Peachtree City, we looked at an apartment complex there too. We like the area but, among other things, the rent is a bit pricey. Hubby loved the idea of riding golfcart on the golfcart trails, though. But one thing he admitted that it will take getting use to for him to remember is to be watchful of the golfcart trails road signs. He keeps hitting the breaks the last minute because he wasnt paying close attention to those signs. :-)

We settled for the apartment in Newnan, which is about 20 to 30 minutes drive to hubby's main workplace at Newnan's VA Clinic. He will be commuting to the VA Clinic in Smyrna, a bit farther away, when and as he's needed there. We both can't wait for this move to get done and over with and hubby is getting a bit anxious to start his new job as an administrative manager. This is what he was trained for here in Biloxi and will be quite of a challenge for him.

Got to get back to the chores here. If any of you would like to know our new address, please PM/email me (sorry, but I will answer only those I know or am familiar with). Thanks. Take care everyone. I'll try to be back here whenever I can until we get done moving. HUGS!

BHR

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:29:19 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2009, 10:03:06 am »

Harriet, do not give up on a M&G as mine I got the night before the concert girl! Keep looking and Good Luck!!! Glad you are better now and your TV is about like mine, so happy for you! Take care & still hoping for ya! It can come the very last day. good luck & get welll soon!

Harriet, unlike you I do not apologize for the way " Serena " acted. It's her character flaw . Tennis is a mental game as much as physical. She was out of control and only she should make amends. If you all remember how a Male player reacted years back,
Serena should have learned from this. Her Sister is refined and she should try and stay in control like her. congrats to the winner!

Jean/az. so nice to see you posting..You are right , there are some nice great young people out there, who love and respect people.I know I'm bragging but my daughter has the most amazing, feeling, caring, proper mannered children I have met. I am biased haShe worked so much on parenting and teaching them byo example. she never talks bad about anyone in front of them, or at all. she is amazing and much better at parenting than I was, I must admit. she says" oh mom. you were great." but I didn't have the parenting skills she has. However, both she and her brother turned out  great! ha I love it when I see a younger person be nice to others.

Congrats to you BHR on finding ANYTHING in  or near Atlanta.ha!  I remember  a "Bugaboo" steak place in Newnan as we were starving lol-- it was good food, not sure about it being a steak place..
BHR, not sure how nice it is now but we we stayed  in Newnan, SpringHill Suites..we were coming back from Mom's & my sis's hubby had to work a week there, before returning to Florida. Loved the shopping there! ha. do not feel bad BHR, we got lost and have been there before ha!
 Take care everyone and later..,,,,
 my mom has slightly improved, for how long, God only knows.. prayers for all who are ill. Take care..
Great my photos are back but I'm a not a Member yet lol only 4 posts too  about 90 before lol. has this happened to anyone else? I hope I have broke no rules , so" hard to teach an old dog, new tricks" lol
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:40:37 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2009, 07:30:03 pm »

More great weather - I don't remember the last time we had rain.  There is a small chance of some next week.

BHR - what an adventure you have had.  Glad you found an apartment - sorry it's taking it's toll on you.  I know you will feel 100% better once you are all settled.

Terry, sorry about your job.  Hopefully things will pick up.

Harriet - have fun at your concert.  Hope you are feeling better.

I read somewhere that Kellie Pickler is opening for Alan this weekend - that's a first for her, I think.  Anxious to hear some reviews!

Hello to everyone reading! 
TGIF!!!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2009, 08:28:42 am »

Just wanted to say   HELLO  to all you ALAN fans.

OMGMA
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2009, 02:09:16 pm »

BHR so sorry you had such a time to find yur
way around Newnan.How nice you found a apartment.
Jeri nice to hear your mom is doing a little
better.
Kathy thanks for saying Kellie Pickler is with Alan.
I am anxious to hear what the concert goers have
to say about her.I have been enjoying most of her
songs.
It is a nice fall day here.The leaves have started
changing colours here.Love this time of the year.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2009, 08:34:49 pm »

Hi Folks. In spite of the rain & high humidity I had a blast at Toby's concert. He was all smiles & in fine form & what a great rendition live of American Ride, his current hit. I was exhausted at the end but it was worth it.

BHR- Glad you found a place in Newnan. Sorry the trip so hard on you.

Still trying to recuperate- last night took a lot out of me. Oh- Trace is touring with Toby & he did great too.

Thanks, Alan, for Aquapalooza- I can't wait to see you in concert again.

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2009, 11:09:45 pm »

Harriet, good to hear you had a good time at the concert despite the rain, etc.  Rest up so you don't get sick again.

BHR, sounds like your trip was a real adventure.  Now comes the fun part of moving again!!!

Elaine, we're still in full summer mode here.  It cooled off for one day and now it's suppose to be over 100 in the coming days.

Took the clients square dancing last night for the first time this season.  They were all excited about going again.

I've got tons of homework this weekend, really unhappy with my math teacher, he doesn't want to be bothered and if he's asked a question, he says read the book!!! 

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2009, 05:07:33 pm »

Just wanted to say   HELLO  to all you ALAN fans.

Hello & welcome!
bltn1955 , are you a Fan from back when Kay was on the board, or perhaps I'm thinking you are another Fan, sorry.

anyway welcome!

Jerrie aka Artsy-MS-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
suem

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2009, 08:58:34 pm »

Hi all
Harriet, glad you got to your Toby concert and had a great time.  There's always next time for a meet and greet.
BHR, trips are always an adventure.  Good luck packing and settling in your new home.
I don't envy the work.
Elaine, it took September to bring some summer days.  It was such a cool summer.
Jeri, Sharon, Dizzy, Jinx and Terry- looking forward to seeing you all in St. Augustine.
Jeri, Keeping your mom in my prayers.
Had a busy day after a busy week at school.  We were at our daughter's house at 8 to play with our little man.  Once we went outside, he didn't want to come in.  Then we went boating.  It's the first time we put the boat in the river this summer.  Generally we trailer to a lake.  Perfect afternoon for boating.  Tonight dinner and the car show.
So looking forward to an AJ concert.
Take care all.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:12:44 pm by suem » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: