Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:36:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Marcy Jo's Mealhouse  (Read 11028 times)
IndianaNative

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2010, 12:38:33 pm »

I'm coming back to Nashville in a couple of weeks to attend Brooks & Dunn last concert at the Bridgestone Arena.  When I was in Nashville a few months ago, I read an article in Franklin Life Magazine about Marcy Jo's Mealhouse in Pottsville.  It is operated by Joey and Rory Feek and members of their family.  Has anyone been down there for breakfast or lunch?  If so, how long is the wait for a table and is the food worth the wait?  Thanks.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:14 pm »

I have not eaten there but we do go to Loveless Cafe where all the Singers eat.. Their pictures are there and Alan has eaten there just recently.. It is the best home cooking, love the Biscuits... The fried Chicken is great! It has gift shops etc.. You can find it online...Great country food. we can't eat this way all the time, but it's great ! The peach cobbler is great too. George Jones eats there , they said. I enjoyed it and the people talked to us and we had fun taking our son & family out there..I don't drive in Nashville, so I can't tell you where it is ha! it's on the internet w/maps.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 10:53:44 am »

Jeri I hope you got my message I would love to see the pictures if you can send them to me I would
love to have them...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 12:38:03 pm »

I haven't been to Marcy Jo's but plan to go sometime. You can find out information about it on Joey and Rory's website. Hope that helps!

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 07:31:40 pm »

I have not eaten there but we do go to Loveless Cafe where all the Singers eat.. Their pictures are there and Alan has eaten there just recently.. It is the best home cooking, love the Biscuits... The fried Chicken is great! It has gift shops etc.. You can find it online...Great country food. we can't eat this way all the time, but it's great ! The peach cobbler is great too. George Jones eats there , they said. I enjoyed it and the people talked to us and we had fun taking our son & family out there..I don't drive in Nashville, so I can't tell you where it is ha! it's on the internet w/maps.

The Loveless Cafe is located at 8400 Highway 100 in West Nashville.
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 08:25:38 pm »

IndianaNative, do you have good seats to see B and D?  Ours aren't good at all but at least we will get to see them.
I'm very excited about going, hope they are as good as they were when they toured with A. J., which I certain they will be.  I'm a little concerned about the parking, I think there's  several things going on in Nashville Thursday night,  we are going to leave early in the afternoon, just in case we have to drive around to find a place to park.

Hope I'm rested by Thursday, just go back home last night from D. C. went to the Rally Sat. It was a long tiring trip there and back but worth every minute of it, even though it was hot standing outside. But I have stood in all kinds of weather when going to the concerts, so it wasn't anything new for me.

I have eaten breakfast at Loveless Cafe it was very delicious. Never heard of Marcy Jo's Mealhouse.

"Gone Country"  From KY
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 04:09:01 pm »

I hope that you went down to Marcy Jo's Bakery and Mealhouse!
We went there in Dec. but we had eaten breakfast at the hotel
so only had drinks ...coffee and tea ,,, and a piece of cobbler to go.
We were invited to sit down with Rory while he waited for his food
(breakfast) and while he ate we tried not to talk too much but he kept
asking us to share about ourselves.  Found out he "Knows" of this
small town where we reside and even has driven thru it to reach the
next town east of us where some of his relatives live. That was unreal!
And he has other relatives living in other towns around here, too.

They stop serving breakfast at 11 and they are only open until 2 pm.
Rory asked if we wanted a pic taken with him and he signed
my CD (that I brought along) ...both for himself and Joey which
I thought was a bit strange.  He said that Joey was at the farm.
He also took a business phone call before we could snap 'our' photo. 

I still have hope to see them together in concert sometime.   
Rory's daughter, Heidi Feek, is an up and coming singer and has a new
album due out soon. She waitressed for us that day and also took my
photo with Marcy who is Rory's sister.

It was a fun visit and I'd hope to return someday when I can try
their food. The place is small with maybe a dozen tables in the
front room and a pot belly stove that was Really cranking out the
heat that day...  Under the balcony in the back of the 'room'
and behind the stove was another eating area and the kitchen
was located behind that room.  The walls are Filled with so
much memorabilia!!  They also sell some of their own merchandise
and homemade jams... Bought 2 varieties and a M Jo mug.

link to my fb album from this visit:  http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40269&id=1523080907&l=c42867371b
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 04:28:07 pm »

Marilyn, thanks for the information.  We are going to be in Nashville later this month and will have to check out Marcy Jo's Bakery and Mealhouse.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 02:41:08 pm »

Ok, AJTexasfan!  So good to know someone can maybe use this info.
We stayed just off of I-65 South ...so that morning it took about 20 mins
maybe to get to M. Jo's...

You will probably get to see some of the Fall colors.  Hope so!!

The highway you take from I-65 eastward to M Jo's ends right
there at a T... and that's a 2 lane highway where you can see M Jo's
right across from the stop sign. The highway runs in front of it.

Hope you bring back some pics to share. ; )
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 02:48:22 pm »

Thanks Marilyn, sounds like your description will make it easier to find.  I will definitely try to get some pictures.  Looking forward to checking it out!!
Sherry

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 03:38:16 pm »

Ok, Sherry    Are you the same Sherry I've been corresponding
with thru fb?  LOL

I always try to stay out of the way of the semi-trucks while in
Nashville, too, if possible.  ; )

Looking forward to seeing about your experience, too.  Thanks
for replying here.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 04:07:19 pm »

No, Marilyn, I am not the one you have been corresponding with thru fb - LOL!  Will let you know about our experience.

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 04:12:17 pm »

Okay.. Nice to meet you, Sherry.

Wish I had a road trip planned thru Nashville right now...
Withdrawals are terrible. LOL
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 12:37:13 pm »

IndianaNative, do you have good seats to see B and D?  Ours aren't good at all but at least we will get to see them.
I'm very excited about going, hope they are as good as they were when they toured with A. J., which I certain they will be.  I'm a little concerned about the parking, I think there's  several things going on in Nashville Thursday night,  we are going to leave early in the afternoon, just in case we have to drive around to find a place to park.

Hope I'm rested by Thursday, just go back home last night from D. C. went to the Rally Sat. It was a long tiring trip there and back but worth every minute of it, even though it was hot standing outside. But I have stood in all kinds of weather when going to the concerts, so it wasn't anything new for me.

I have eaten breakfast at Loveless Cafe it was very delicious. Never heard of Marcy Jo's Mealhouse.

I didn't know the exact location of my seats until I picked up the tickets at the Country Music Hall of Fame on Wednesday afternoon.  They turned out great in Row 2 of Section 3. 

I went over to the Loveless Cafe on Saturday afternoon, but there was a 1 1/2 hour wait so I passed on that.   I have eaten there once before on a Saturday evening when we were just able to walk in and get a table. 

I didn't get down to the Marcy Jo's Mealhouse this time, but maybe later this month when I come back for my nephew's wedding.

I did go over to Cheekwood where they have the Dale Chihuly artwork on display througout the gardens.  It was absolutely beautiful!!!
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 02:27:13 pm »

I was in Nashville in August (20,21) and went to the Chihuly exhibit.  It was fantastic!  Didn't get to the Loveless, maybe next time.  Leslie
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: