Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 08:58:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CBS --Brooks and Dunn Last Rodeo-- Great Show!  (Read 13349 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2010, 09:25:57 pm »

Brooks and Dunn Last Rodeo

What an amazing show tonight on CBS of Ronnie Dunn's and Kix Brook's Tribute Show!! Wow what a  Great Show!
They even got the ACM "Lifetime Achievement Award "and Deservedly so! Carrie Underwood launched the TN flood relief fund‎!

What a great career... and those two will forever reign as the best Male Duo in Country Music, my opinon!
Love those Guys! The show was tear jerking and after having seen them LIVE do "Believe" at  FL, I had to cry.
That Song made me cry and I could not stop at the Concert...Ronnie puts his Heart in this one!

All Guest Artists and honorees did a fantastic job tonight. They gave a great Tribute! The songs they picked , each Singer did so beautifully and well done..I just really enjoyed this show and had people calling me, to make sure I didn't miss it!

I have no doubt that those two will be missed as a Duo but we will go on to see their great work continue.

They will never be forgotten for their work together and I'm already looking forward to See them perform later , even if not as a Duo.. I would love to hear Ronnie do the old Ray  Charles number"You Don't Know Me". His stripped version of this Song is outstanding. Kix will be doing other songs that makes him the best of who he is, Good Luck Guy!.
Ronnie Good luck and continue doing what you do, and all God's Blessing to the both of you for years of Great work!
Now, "Go Play Something Country!"

Thanks for Years of Great Country Music, Brooks and Dunn!!! Love You Both! The Best of The Best of Duo's!
You will remain in our Hearts for Years to come! Thank You! Thank You!

Jerrie-MS-and FL

EDITED  w/ Video of rehearsal (a little bit of it) ENJOY!!

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/diary-of-a-backup-singer-episode-2/36028814736778747

NEW VIDEO ADDED  MAY 29-ENJOY!
Added new video at the Bottom too!Enjoy!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:11:26 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:36:38 pm »

Jeri, I agree. Just watched the show & enjoyed it very much. I love Brooks & Dunn. I also love The Judds. For me there's a tie for the 2 best duos. But we are going to really miss Kix & Ronnie.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:10:54 pm »

Jeri, I agree. Just watched the show & enjoyed it very much. I love Brooks & Dunn. I also love The Judds. For me there's a tie for the 2 best duos. But we are going to really miss Kix & Ronnie.

Harriet, I was thinking Males but in Females, I agree with you totally. The Judds were awesome and many Great Years of
wonderful Music as a Duo ! Loved "GrandPa Tell Me ABout The Good Ole Days" and many more! sorry I forgot George & Tammy too. Loved them! She left too soon,,
 I shall miss Brooks and Dunn as a Duo also. we will see them again, so that helps with the tears. They contributed so much to Country Music, I'll never forget seeing them with our Alan Jackson , in FL.

Jerrie-FL & MS

« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 12:34:42 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

jamercer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 01:08:09 am »

I watched the show too! It was amazing and entertaining show to watch on tv!
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 09:29:35 pm »

I missed this show ... does anyone know if it will be on again and if so when?

Thanks
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 11:55:28 pm »

I loved it!!!!!!!
It was on CBS and I think they own CMT... so hopefully it will be re-airing.
I would buy a DVD if they offered it.    I totally agree that every singer
sang the write B&D song for their voices.
George Strait...wearing those 'sharp' eyeglasses he wears when he needs
to read (the teleprompter) was a huge hit for me, but I loved Every one
of the singers' performances and loved seeing Kix getting into things w/his
harmonica, too!
But,,,ewwwwwwwww  re: eating that bite of sliced eeel...   Horrible...taste
in his mouth afterwards?  Hope he asked for something else or took time to
brush! LOL
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 03:45:54 pm »

I couldn't see the show. But my wife and i gonna miss them too. Brooks & Dunn are my wife's favorite.
Marilyn, a dvd of this show would be great. I'll buy him too.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 09:03:56 pm »

I hate to be a sour puss and fun spoiler here, but thought I'll put in my 2 cents here about this special tribute show to Brooks & Dunn. I intentionally didn't watch the show because of Alan not having been included among the artists that celebrated Brooks & Dunn's country music career in a special tribute. It would seem to me that of all artists that should have been there to pay tribute to Ronnie and Kix and have given them well wishes on their next/future endeavor, it's Alan. After all, Alan and B&D were the first 2 country music artists signed up by then newly established country music record label, Arista Nashville. But leave it to ACM to ignore that fact, invite George Strait and leave out Alan. I am 150% sure of it that the ACM folks didn't extend Alan an invitation to appear on this show. Becasue if they did. I'm also 150% sure of it that Alan would have felt honored to have been able to pay tribute to Ronnie & Kix on their long career in coutry music and personally to have been able to wish them well wherever the future takes them from here. I feel the exclusion of Alan on the show is very disrespectful to Alan and B&D, deliberate, calculated and an unclassy act on the ACM's part so I chose not to watch it. . . .and you can say, in sort of a protest.

I, however, like everyone of you here, will surely miss Ronnie and Kix. Their music will always be in all their fans' heart and as well as the fun experiences they left them and their audiences in all the concerts they performed. My family and I are one of those who had the pleasure of seeing them in number of their concerts and they're all has been memorable experiences that will always be treasured. . .just like we enjoyed everyone of Alan's concerts we've been too so far and will always be treasured. Best wishes, happiness and much success, Ronnie & Kix, wherever life's journey takes you both next. Thanks for the great music and concert experiences that's been full of fun.

BHR
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:08:20 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 11:53:25 pm »

BHR,

No No! BHR, you have a right to your opinon..
I was saying how nice the Tribute was, I did not think of Alan being dissed from the Show, nor did I think he wasn't invited..I simply did not know . Out of respect for Alan I wish he had been there. I really thought Alan must have a Concert that night and could not attend.

I shall miss Brooks and Dunn, I have watched them as a duo for years. They did a Concert with Alan, so I figured Alan must like them pretty well. I didn't mean any disrespect for Alan  by posting this.
I really look to see if they improve in Country Music and this night was really a class act.

Take care, Jerrie-FL & MS.. I adore Alan as both a Singer/Songwriter and he is super nice!

THIS IS THE SUNDAY SHOW IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VIEW SOME VIDEO'S AND THE LAST RODEO OF BROOKS & DUNN

ACM Presents: Brooks & Dunn—The Last Rodeo, airing Sunday, May 23rd at 8 p.m. ET/PT, 7C is a concert tribute by an all-star cast performing their favorite Brooks & Dunn songs. You'll see amazing numbers by Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Faith Hill, Jennifer Hudson, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Darius Rucker, George Strait, Sugarland, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban, as well as presenters Matthew McConaughey, iCarly’s Miranda Cosgrove and Dr. Maya Angelou.

Brooks & Dunn, who have sold more than 30 million records and charted 23 No. 1 singles, are calling it quits as a duo after more than 20 years. Brooks & Dunn are the top winners in ACM Awards history, picking up a total of 27 trophies, and were awarded the ACM Milestone Award during the show to recognize this record-setting accomplishment.

Ticket proceeds from the Brooks & Dunn taping in Las Vegas went to ACM Lifting Lives, which in turn quickly earmarked funding for those affected by the recent floods in Middle Tennessee. Reigning ACM Entertainer of the Year Carrie Underwood and ACM Lifting Lives have joined to form the ACM Lifting Lives Temporary Home Fund to support relief efforts for families devastated by the recent floods in Middle Tennessee. The Fund takes its name from Underwood’s co-penned hit song “Temporary Home,” in acknowledgement of the immediate needs surrounding those impacted by the floods.

A text-to-donate campaign in partnership with The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee has officially launched and will be highlighted during the ACM Presents: Brooks & Dunn—The Last Rodeo.

HOW TO DONATE:

1. DONATE ONLINE
Donate online to support flood relief in Middle Tennessee using the form on the right side of this page. Your donation will support flood relief through Nashville-based nonprofit The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. Donations to flood relief at The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee are tax-deductible.

2. TEXT A DONATION
Text "ACM" to 501501 to donate $10 to Flood Relief at The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee AND confirm your donation by replying with YES.

A one-time $10 donation is charged to your wireless bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Donate up to 3 times. Message & data rates may apply. Donations collected by the MGF. Proceeds benefit The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. For info call 866-810-1203 or go to hmgf.org/t. Text STOP to 501501 to cancel; HELP to 501501 for help.

Video Link for The Above;

http://www.cbs.com/specials/brooks_dunn/ 

ENJOY!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:31:12 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 04:50:53 pm »

This special was recorded on the day after the ACM awards, so it was Monday April 19th.  If you remember, Alan received his star on April 16th and was not at the ACM awards on the 18th.  It is possible that he was invited, but declined, not wanting to steal any attention away from them, or had other plans at the time.  If so, I'm sure he sent his tribute to them in another way.  Leslie
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 05:38:46 pm »

A. J. might have had a concert the same night, not sure.  I saw B & D twice in CA when they toured with Alan in 2007.

I'm going to see B & D on Aug 10th in Nashville, they are really great, hate to see them quit touring.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2010, 09:03:24 pm »

A. J. might have had a concert the same night, not sure.  I saw B & D twice in CA when they toured with Alan in 2007.

I'm going to see B & D on Aug 10th in Nashville, they are really great, hate to see them quit touring.

Dot lucky You! I wish we could see them & Alan in N'ville too! I will miss them as a Duo but I have afeeling Ronnie and Kix will be around a long time Singing. Alan should do a Song with Ronnie!
Here is one that I wish Ronnie would record so bad.. He is terrific . It can be made full screen too, if it works..
I hope it works.. wait for commercial & wait until it loads ok..it's a stripped version..Love it!

http://www.wqik.com/mediaplayer/?station=WQIK-FM&action=stripped&item=48119

Ronnie sings his heart out like Alan..This is Great work!( Jean/B see if your wife can hear this one ok..in Belgium!)
Jeri-MS

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:30:51 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 07:31:23 am »

I agree, Ronnie sings his with his heart, just like Alan.  Both can really deliver a song.  Was a great video to watch and listen to.  Thanks for the link.   Leslie
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 05:43:50 pm »

Sorry I am so late commenting on this.  I was at the taping and the reason ALan wasn't there I believe is becuase he didn't go to the ACM awards show the previous night.  All the stars just stayed over an extra day to film this B and D show.  Carrie U did the song I wanted ALan to do...my fav, Neon Moon.  ALan would have done it soooo much better!  BTW the Last Rodeo concert they do on tour is the best I have ever been to!  Incredible and they share so many memories--of course we are in Tulsa where they got their start so they were real sentimental--Ronnie's mom was even there!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 03:06:32 pm »

I taped the show and loved it.  I missed seeing AJ there too.  I think Brooks & Dunn do a great show and really get with the fans.  When they were touring with Alan, they got the crowd up.  I was so glad I got my M&G with them.  Love 'em!
Kix Brooks is such a card, seems to enjoy performing, more so than Ronnie.  My opinion. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: