Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 03:07:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: CHARLESTON WV SHOW  (Read 26656 times)
ATHLEA

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:30:02 am »

JUST WONDERING ABOUT PICKING UP TICKETS AT WILL CALL.I HAVE ONLY MY ORDER NUMBER. I AM 91 YEARS YOUNG AND AM SO EXCITED FOR THE CHRLESTON WV SHOW.  I SIGNED UP FOR MEET AND GREET, FRONT ROW, BUT DIDN'T GET PICKED.THIS WILL BE MY 4TH TIME TO SEE ALANS CONCERTS. I HOPE THIS WILL NOT BE MY LAST BUT AT 91 YOU NEVER KNOW.  BUT I WOULD FEEL BETTER IF I HAD THE TICKETS IN HAND AND NOT KNOWING ABOUT PICKING THEM UP THE DAY OF THE SHOW. HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS DOING THIS?  STANDING IN LINE FOR LONG PERIODS IS HARD FOR ME TO DO, BUT FOR ALAN I WILL TRY MY BEST. BLESS YOU ALL!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 01:13:10 pm »

I went to the show at Mohegan Sun, CT.  They couldn't find my tickets
so I gave them my confirmation number and a note from Cindy at the fan office which
told me my seat numbers and section.  Then they found them.  I would always bring
my order that confirms that you did buy they tickets and remember to bring the ACTUAL
credit card you used and your driver's license. 

If you don't know how to get a confirmation or a seat number so that you have something
with you, write to Cindy at the fan office and she will send you something confirming that
your tickets are paid for.  The line was not long in Ct.  We got there early and there
was no one waiting.  Usually the place will help you if you ask for assistance.  I have
been to 3 shows and they were all very helpful.  Just be sure you have something to
confirm that you did buy the tickets.  Don't worry.  You'll be fine.  Have a wonderful time.
I'm a Senior and handicapped for walking and standing also and I've had no problem
getting some help.  You sound pretty spry to me.  Have a good time and let us know how
you did with the tickets and Will Call  (Box Office) - same thing.

Alanfan from Michigan  (I was visiting my daughter in CT).  The show is very special!!
ATHLEA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 05:20:19 pm »

ALANFAN..THANK YOU FOR I AM VERY CONCERNED ABOUT THIS.  I HAVE TRIED TO EMAIL AND CALL BUT ALL I HAVE RECIEVED WAS THE ORDER NUMBER AND I WILL BE TRAVELING A GOOD WAYS TO SEE ALAN THIS SAT., WHICH I DO NOT MIND TO TRAVEL BUT I WANT TO MAKE SURE OF THE SEAT NUMBERS AND WHAT TO DO.  HOPEFULLY I HEAR SOMETHING TOMORROW FROM CINDY. I CALLED HER TODAY AND LEFT A MESSAGE.  CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALAN AGAIN, I AM SO BLESSED TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS AT 91 YEARS OLD!  MY HEART DOCTOR SURPRISE ME A COUPLE OF MONTHS BACK WHEN I HAD TO HAVE MY PACEMAKER REPLACED, HE KNEW I LOVED ALAN'S MUSIC, SO THEY PLAYED HIS CD DURING THE SURGERY FOR ME...WHAT A GREAT DOCTOR!!! THAT WAS THE 1ST TIME THEY HAD EVER DONE THAT.  THANKS AGAIN AND HOPEFULLY ALL GOES WELL.  WILL LET YOU KNOW...ATHLEA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 05:37:26 pm »

ATHLEA, I am sure that everything will go just fine.  I have never had a problem picking up my tickets or my M&G pass.  I cannot wait to hear your review of the concert - you have to come back and tell us all about your experience!!  That story about your doctor and pacemaker replacement was priceless!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 07:32:00 am »

Athlea, I hope I'm as spry as you at 91!  Keep it up and enjoy the amazing concert.  I'm sure you will be able to get some help if you need it.  Leslie
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 09:44:26 am »

Athlea I would as Cindy for a confirmation I think that will be your answer she can tell you if it was confirmed...wishing you good lucky...Heres hoping you get it settled and have a wonderful time.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
ATHLEA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 10:23:38 am »

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO KIND.  ENJOYED HEARING FROM ALL OF YOU.  I GUESS AS YOU GET OLDER YOU WORRY MORE AND I AM  SO EXCITED TO GO SEE ALAN.  MAYBE NEXT TIME I WILL BE PICKED AS MEET AND GREET...CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT AT 92!  I REALLY THINTK I'M 91 GOING ON 30!! JUST WISH MY BODY THOUGT SO!  BUT I KNOW THIS CONCERT WILL BE GREAT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO GO!  OH, YES I FORGOT TO TELL YOU BEFORE AT THE HOSPITAL THEY TEASED ME AND TOLD ME MY HEART DOCTOR MIGHT BE WEARING TORN JEANS AND A COWBOY HAT JUST LIKE ALAN, HE DIDN'T BUT I MADE AN ALAN FAN OUT OF HIM! HE REALLY LIKED THE MUSIC!  THANKS AGAIN AND I WILL REPORT BACK TO EVERYONE!  BLESS YOU,... ATHLEA
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 10:33:54 am »

Hi Again from Michigan.  Can't wait to hear how you like the show.  Also, how easy was it
to get your tickets certified?  I'd give you my M & G if I had one.  If I was 92, I would hope
someone would do that for me but we can't.  I've never had a chance to meet Alan.  One of
these days, my turn will come.  Don't forget to write us and tell us about your impression of
that very SPECIAL show.

Alanfan
ATHLEA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 10:57:34 am »

HELLO ALANFAN...SO FAR ALL I HAVE IS MY ORDER NUMBER FROM THE EMAIL CONFORMATION, BUT MAYBE I WILL HEAR MORE TODAY FROM CINDI, I KNOW ALL WHO WORK WITH THE FAN CLUB ARE VERY BUSY,BUT I APPRECIATE THIS OPPORTUNITY FOR THE TICKETS.  YOU ARE SO SWEET ABOUT THE MEET AND GREET, THAT MEANS ALOT TO ME.  MY DAUGHTER IS ALSO THE ONE TAKING ME, WITHOUT HER I WOULD NEVER GET TO DO THIS.  WE ARE SO BLESSED FOR OUR DAUGHTERS. I AM SURE YOU AND YOUR DAUGHTER HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS I DO WITH MINE (ALSO MADE HER A ALAN FAN!)I THANK HER FOR JOINING ME TO THE FAN CLUB (MY BIRTHDAY GIFT LAST YEAR!) NOW I SEE ALL THE NEW FRIENDS THROUGH ALAN I AM MAKING.  MAYBE WE WILL MEET SOMEDAY AND ENJOY ONE OF ALANS CONCERT!  HAVE YOU EVER GOT HIM TO SIGN ANYTTHING FOR YOU?  I WASN'T SURE HOW THEY DO THAT AT THE SHOW. I WILL REVIEW THE GREAT SHOW ON SUNDAY....UNLESS I RUN OFF WITH THE BAND!!! HA! HA!   ATHLEA
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 01:16:57 pm »

JUST WONDERING ABOUT PICKING UP TICKETS AT WILL CALL.I HAVE ONLY MY ORDER NUMBER. I AM 91 YEARS YOUNG AND AM SO EXCITED FOR THE CHRLESTON WV SHOW.  I SIGNED UP FOR MEET AND GREET, FRONT ROW, BUT DIDN'T GET PICKED.THIS WILL BE MY 4TH TIME TO SEE ALANS CONCERTS. I HOPE THIS WILL NOT BE MY LAST BUT AT 91 YOU NEVER KNOW.  BUT I WOULD FEEL BETTER IF I HAD THE TICKETS IN HAND AND NOT KNOWING ABOUT PICKING THEM UP THE DAY OF THE SHOW. HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS DOING THIS?  STANDING IN LINE FOR LONG PERIODS IS HARD FOR ME TO DO, BUT FOR ALAN I WILL TRY MY BEST. BLESS YOU ALL!

ATHLEA,

I Printed my Email for my confirmation, but be sure and take your PL-Fan Club card and I'm sure they will help you .
We always go a bit early to go to Will Call, and we have not had to stand in line. Be sure to tell them  you have AJ Fan Club tickets.. ok. Look and see what time the venue is open for will call and where to go. You can call them too.
Gee, I hope I am able to go see Alan at Your age ha! I can't go to outdoor venues , because of asthma. You are doing great! Drop back in and tell us about your adventure seeing Alan in concert! Hope this helps.
Congrats and Enjoy !
Jeri-FL

[/size]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 01:20:25 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 04:31:31 pm »

ALTHEA:

I've never met Alan and have not had seats closer than the 10th row.
With my handicap I can't go running up there to get an autograph.  I'd love to have
a guitar pick too.  One day I'll get a meet and greet but meanwhile I'll just run off with the
guy named McClung (spelling?) who plays that beautiful Mandolin and the fiddle.  I'm waiting
for you show review.  I won't tell you about it so it will be SPECIAL FOR YOU.
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 01:11:05 pm »

Athlea,
I hope you have heard from the fan club by now. I'd be nervous, too.
My mother lived to the age of 101 and a few months...so I Hope if
that happens for me that I am like you and still chasin' after Alan
Jackson and his band! ha  You are a hoot!  Thanks for sharing the
pre-concert jitters with us.
We would appreciate your sharing the concert afterwards if you can.
Hope you have excellent seats and that AJ throws ya a pick or someone
hands you one.
The group of fans (like me) who stood for the entire show at the front
of his stage in IL in April were soooooooo nice... There was no danger
of anyone being felt like they were in a mob and in danger.
Hope that security is good at your concert, too.

Enjoy,,,enjoy!
   Marilyn
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:33:24 pm by mar4aej » Logged
ATHLEA

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 04:13:43 pm »

MY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO HELPFUL TO ME.  YES I DID RECIEVE MY CONFORMATION AND SEAT ASSIGNMENT LATE YESTERDAY.  AND HOW HAPPY TO BE IN ROW 7....CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW LUCKY TO GET THAT CLOSE TO ALAN AND HIS BAND!!  TIME IS GETTING NEAR AND I KNOW IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL SHOW (IT IS SO NICE OF ALAN TO DO THIS FOR THE MINERS FAMILIES WHO HAVE HAD BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH.)  I WILL THINK OF ALL MY NEW FRIENDS THIS SAT. DURING THE CONCERT.   BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!  ATHLEA ...I'LL LET YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT IT SUN.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 04:36:23 pm »

ATHLEA, glad to hear you know where you will be sitting!!!  Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the concert!!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 07:27:08 pm »

Athlea - you are my inspiration!  Have a wonderful time at the concert - glad you have such great seats, never doubted it for a minute!  Please, please come back with your review - can't wait to read it!
Hope I'm going to AJ concerts at 91, wait that would make Alan 81 - probably not going to happen!  LOL   But then again you never know!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: