Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 01:19:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: CHARLESTON WV SHOW  (Read 26654 times)
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 07:33:05 pm »

Athlea:  I am so glad you got your seat numbers and now you are all set.
Can't wait to hear about the show. It's perfect!!  None better so far from
what I've seen.

Enjoy and God Bless

Alanfan
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 08:12:18 am »

I'm with you Kathy, would love to be seeing Alan when I'm 91!  Leslie
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 01:37:38 pm »

MY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR BEING SO HELPFUL TO ME.  YES I DID RECIEVE MY CONFORMATION AND SEAT ASSIGNMENT LATE YESTERDAY.  AND HOW HAPPY TO BE IN ROW 7....CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW LUCKY TO GET THAT CLOSE TO ALAN AND HIS BAND!!  TIME IS GETTING NEAR AND I KNOW IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL SHOW (IT IS SO NICE OF ALAN TO DO THIS FOR THE MINERS FAMILIES WHO HAVE HAD BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH.)  I WILL THINK OF ALL MY NEW FRIENDS THIS SAT. DURING THE CONCERT.   BLESS YOU AND THANK YOU ALL AGAIN!!!  ATHLEA ...I'LL LET YOU KNOW ALL ABOUT IT SUN.

Oh Athlea!
I am so happy for you! Yes Alan is super nice to give to the miners families. Row 7 isn't bad at all, if it's near center, maybe someone could walk down with you, to get something signed from Alan..I hope I'm doing as well at your age.

I received a letter from my aunt yesterday that lives in MS and she is 101 and wrote me the sweetest letter.I had to cry when I read it, her handwriting was good as mine and she still remembered me.I had sent her a Birthday Card & she wrote me back. So great to see wonderful good people living to be older and enjoying their lives.

I am so glad to have met a 91 year old with your zest for life! Especially since you are a mutual Alan Jackson Fan! he is so
Super nice, a Great Country Singer/Songwriter.I hope you enjoy the Concert and I'm sure you will.
Drop in and tell us all about it.
God Bless, Jerrie-FL & MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2010, 05:20:58 pm »

ATHLEA:  It's wonderful to be a fan of Alan Jackson.  They help you, even if you ask
a dumb question and they are warm and supportive.  I'm glad you got your tickets
and great seats.  I've never been closer than the 10th row but feel privileged to have
had that much. 

Some day I will meet Alan I'm sure but I'd wait behind you.  You get out there and enjoy
that special show and special man.  It's a great concert.  Lots of luck to you.  If you ask
another fan, I'm sure someone would go up there and get an autograph for you.  We're
waiting for your review.
Alanfan
ATHLEA

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2010, 05:09:16 am »

GOOD MORNING TO ALL...TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!  COUNTING THE HOURS TO THIS SPECIAL TIME.  ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU ALL , EVERYONE HAS MADE THIS A SPECIAL DAY ALREADY AND YET THE CONCERT IS STILL TO COME.  I LOVED HEARING FROM ALL OF YOU AND YOUR STORIES OF LOVE AND COMPASSION FROM FAMILY AND FRIENDS.  I FEEL I HAVE MANY NEW FRIENDS BEING IN THE FAN CLUB.  YOUR HELP HAS BEEN GREAT.  I DID HAVE ONE MORE SURPRISE YESTERDAY I WOKE UP FINDING AT MY FRONT DOOR WITH MY NAME ON IT, A NEWPAPER STORY OF ALAN BEING IN CHARLESTON AND HELPING THE MINERS FAMILIES, BUT HOW NICE OF SOMEONE TO THINK OF ME TO LET THAT, JUST SHOWS HOW PEOPLE REALLY DO CARE!  CAN'T WAIT TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT THE CONCERT BUT THE SAD PART WILL BE THAT MEANS IT WILL BE OVER, BUT I WILL HAVE GREAT MEMORIES AND NOW GREAT FRIENDS TO SHARE THAT WITH.  BLESS YOU ALL, ATHLEA
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 09:47:44 am »

ATHLEA - We will help you with anything we can anytime.  Glad it all worked out for you.

Alanfan
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2010, 03:00:06 pm »

Athlea,
that is a reality check if I ever saw one! AJ on the front page
of your paper ...the day of your concert! Wink

We know you will enjoy this show enough for all of his fans, too.

Thanks for sharing the pre-concert excitement with us right up
to the Day Of... Can't wait for the stories you will have to share
tomorrow on here!  Aieeeeeeeeeeeee

Marilyn
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2010, 09:33:33 pm »

I am waiting on Athlea  to give her review after the show tonite
           I am sure it will be a good one she is so excited and I can understand
           how she feels...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 10:53:27 pm »

on facebook:  via Barbara Wyant 

Via Sue Gilmore Dowdy

The applause was deafening when Alan Jackson announced
that monies from tonights show goes to families of West Virginia
miners.
Kudos.

ATHLEA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 07:34:29 am »

hi, i am athlea's daughter, we have returned from the charleston, west virginia show. mom will be back later today to let everyone know about her trip to see alan jackson. my opinion is we had the most wonderful time and what a great show to see.  mom did so well but is catching up on her rest.  she told me to tell you it was wonderful.  thank you for athlea
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 08:42:47 am »

Hi Athlea's Daughter:  Daughters are wonderful.

I am sure there will be an exciting review of Alan's concert coming.  He is simply
wonderful and there is never a new tour which does not produce another
SPECTACULAR!!  I was in CT with my daughter and now back in MI.  I'd go right
back to that show again if I could.  I'm so glad things went well.

Alanfan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2010, 12:09:00 pm »

hi, i am athlea's daughter, we have returned from the charleston, west virginia show. mom will be back later today to let everyone know about her trip to see alan jackson. my opinion is we had the most wonderful time and what a great show to see.  mom did so well but is catching up on her rest.  she told me to tell you it was wonderful.  thank you for athlea

Thank you so much "Athea's Daughter" for letting us know how Athlea enjoyed the show.I can amagine how she must need her rest..I'm always exhausted , myself. She is such a sweet Lady and you are a dear for letting us know she  said
"It  was Wonderful." Thank You and we will be waiting for Athlea later. Tell her to rest up, we understand.
Thanks again, Jerrie- -FL-& MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2010, 12:43:04 pm »

Yes, thanks, Athlea's daughter, for letting us hear that she 'survived'
her concert experience.
I can see the gears going round and round in her head about what
she can gather together from her memories to share with us avid
AJ fans! I was the same way in April after seeing his show again!

You are so nice to let us hear from her this way.  I figured she was
going to be needing some resting time before she writes about it all.
I know I always do!  You want to get it just right and do it right. ha

May she get here when she can... We will buzz around like honeybees
to honey waiting.  Wink  Tell her she can add snipbits here and there if it
is easier for her.  I hope she also loved his two opening acts. Josh and
Chris are wonderful singers who will carry the traditional country genre
forward long after we older fans are gone.

Marilyn
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2010, 02:31:19 pm »

I'm so glad a "good time" was had by all. Alan always delivers.

Brenda in Indy Smiley

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
lilmisty

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 11:08:32 pm »

Hi Athlea,I'm so glad you enjoyed the show. I think I sat behind you and over a couple of seats. I certainly hope the "screamer" behind me didn't bother you. It was a great show and a very touching moment when AJ honored the coal miners, families and rescue teams. I had been waiting for Alan to bring his show back to Charleston since he was here the last time. I love Alan and his music. He sure keeps it country! But what a surprise when he broke into "Great Balls of Fire"!! Awesome!! I will wait on the next time. In the meantime, will enjoy his CD's. God Bless Alan Jackson and the Strayhorns!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: