Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 06:02:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan on the Opry  (Read 12922 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 07:25:19 pm »

Got this from the Opry website:

Got this from the Opry Website:

Dear Grand Ole Opry fans,

As I’m sure you know by now, earlier this week, the entire Opry Entertainment Complex including the Grand Ole Opry House experienced flooding from the Cumberland River here in Nashville. We have heard from fans around the world sharing their concern for the Opry family, and we thank each of you for thinking of us.  

As a result of the flooding, the Grand Ole Opry has been temporarily displaced from its permanent home, the Opry House. I am pleased to tell you that even after the flood, the Grand Ole Opry tradition we all love continues and the show goes on! Though we will miss our permanent home for a while, you can bet there’ll be great Opry shows in store for fans every Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday this summer in a variety of venues.

Even on Tuesday night when the flood waters had just begun to recede, we performed a historic show at the War Memorial Auditorium, one of the Opry’s former homes. As Opry member Marty Stuart said from the stage that night, “our family, our songs, and our spirit live on.” Tonight's Opry Country Classics, this weekend’s shows, and next week’s Tuesday Night Opry will all take place at the Opry’s most famous former home, the Ryman Auditorium. Among the artists on those shows are Alan Jackson, George Jones, Brad Paisley, and Ricky Skaggs.

We will announce the venues for other upcoming shows soon. As you know, some of your favorite artists are already confirmed for those shows including the Charlie Daniels Band, Lady Antebellum, Charley Pride, Blake Shelton, Josh Turner, and Carrie Underwood. Our Call Center is operational but can’t yet handle its usual volume.  Until it’s back to full operation (which we hope will be very soon), the best way to buy tickets is online at opry.com.  If you still prefer to call, thank you for your patience.  

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 07:32:05 pm »

I seen on the Opry facebook posting that Alan will be there Sat night with the show taking place at the Ryman Theater.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:37:20 pm »

I wish i could go ,too short pf notice.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 10:53:54 pm »

http://www.opry.com/news/2010/05-06.html

Alan is scheduled to perform on Saturday, May 8, during the 8:45pm to 9:15pm portion of the show. Anybody here know if GAC has stopped showing the Opry shows? Hoping to be able to watch the Saturday night show but I couldn't find it in their schedule of shows. Thanks.

BHR

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 10:38:41 am »

Harriet thank you for the article. I wish I could go see ALAN like everyone else.  What a terrible shame this flood is. I hope you are feeling well.   Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 05:52:12 pm »

GAC does not show the Opry on Saturday nights anymore, much to my extreme disappointment.  Maybe they will make an exception this time to show the world that the Grand Ole Opry is still going strong, even if not at the Opry House.  Are you reading this GAC?

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 06:12:05 pm »

Kenny Chesney was on Anderson Cooper trying to get the public to recognize what is going on in Nashvile.   I would think some national television network would broadcast this show.  PLEASE....
Many wonderful artists on several nights donating their time for this tragedy.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 07:45:31 pm »

GAC does not show the Opry on Saturday nights anymore, much to my extreme disappointment.  Maybe they will make an exception this time to show the world that the Grand Ole Opry is still going strong, even if not at the Opry House.  Are you reading this GAC?

Checked GAC's schedule for Saturday & it's not showing the Opry broadcast. Maybe they will tape it for a later broadcast.

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 10:08:24 pm »

I streamed it tonite to hear Brad Paisley... just open your puters
to www.wsmonline.com   in time to hear Alan on Sat. nite.
You can at least hear it..and the crowd's reactions. Wink

That's what I did tonite and Brad sang Amer. Sat. Nite and
Mud on the Tires and they asked him to sing 'one more'...and
he dedicated "Then" (which he had written for his wife) to
all of Nashville for the way the people have come together during
this flooding crisis!
Brad also talked about how ins. is going to cover all the losses
of his equipment...getting new and better equipment he sd.
He is not materialistic and it shows...
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 10:22:24 pm »

Thanks for that info, Mar. We will be out of town, however, that is why I wish it's on tv. That way, at least I can set our DVR to record it then I can watch it later. Oh, well. . . .sigh!

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 02:02:56 am »

Harriet,
Thanks for posting this. I got the letter also. So very sorry we can't drive there at this time due to my husband being ill and having tests.

This is so Alan taking time from his Tour to do this on a weekend! He is wonderful to give of his time but the Ryman and
Grand Ole Opry means so much to so many.. It's the History! The Magic!

I can't wait until  we go visit the Ryman and Grand Ole Opry again.. we have gone a lot, over the Years.Love it!

The Ryman is one of my Favorites! Thank God it was spared for the Opry to Go On! We have seen many, many Singers there over the Years..

My son and family says things are looking up now as they dry out some! They are getting so much support form people
and much needed help & rest. They are just glad their house can be saved. It's only 12 years old and still in good shape.
My son said it would just take time after it dries out completely. Have to make sure of this before proceeding to re-do
and restore Homes. He sounded much better tonight after people helped out with Babysitting for children, while others helped in other areas.. It's amazing how generous the people have been. They are starting to plan the process and how
much they need etc..Others are doing the same in his neighborhood..

Thanks and Happy Mother's Day to all of you a bit early!!  we took our grand Teens out to eat with us today, that was my gift I wanted for Mother's Day.They are so dear to us... All you Grand ma ma's ENJOY!!.Hubby had an earlier Dr appnt..

God Bless, Jerrie-FL & MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 12:57:34 pm »

I'll be listening tonight on the computer for sure. 

Kathy

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 04:28:06 pm »

Jeri, my 2 favorite places in downtown Nashville are the Ryman & The Wildhorse Saloon. I have to go to the Ryman every time I go there. I love to just sit on the benches & soak up all that Country Music History.
And The Wildhorse is just a very fun place- they are close to the river so I wonder what kind if shape it is in. So glad the Ryman is on high ground & was spared.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 06:53:37 pm »

Harriet thank you for the article. I wish I could go see ALAN like everyone else.  What a terrible shame this flood is. I hope you are feeling well.   Take Care   nelle

Nelle,

We can't go either.. You can listen to it on WSM Radio streaming at the time it is scheduled.. where it says LISTEN
Click that and I listen on the second link> Windows Media. At least you can hear it. Here is the link below.

WSM--  http://www.wsmonline.com/grand-ole-opry

we should be able to her it well.Take care.
Jerrie-FL
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:55:46 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 09:11:45 pm »

I'm listening to Alan right now - he's the best!!!    The first part is from the sit-down part of his live show.  Loved hearing it again!

Kathy

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: