Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 01:48:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan on the Opry  (Read 12920 times)
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 09:18:09 pm »

Been many a year since I listened to the Opry on the radio and was just great to hear some of the older songs done by the Opry stars.   

Alan you were mighty fine.   So happy to hear such a great list of our favorites and especially my favorite "Remember When".   "Home" is a truly special song that we do not hear often enough.     Thank you Alan and as always....wish it would have been longer.   Blessings to everyone in Nashville.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 09:28:02 pm »

I'm listening to Alan right now - he's the best!!!    The first part is from the sit-down part of his live show.  Loved hearing it again!

Kathy,
Wasn't Alan wonderful! When he sang HOME , it made me cry.I miss my Mom so much , my first Mother's Day since she died in November 2009. I will never for get her sweet smiles, when we came to visit her.She lived to be 91, a great Mom.

Alan did several Songs and sounded great to be on Radio. Love it when he sang an uptempo one, to lift everyone's spirits up. WSM usually plays the old Classic Country..
Loved it when Alan said "Be Sweet"when leaving, my Dad used to say that to us.. Alan  is so good. Makes me want to see him in concert even more. At least we could listen to him. Loved "Remember When" Oh he sounded so great!
God Bless Alan and The Strayhorns! THE BEST!
Jerrie-FL & MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 09:29:18 pm »

We just listened to the Opry online and just loved hearing Alan sing and talk about the songs.  We were wondering if that was part of what he was doing at the concerts now - thanks Kathy.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 09:58:40 pm »

I listened tothe opry to nite ,the first time ever i think . Alan and the Strayhorns was Wonderful.
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 12:00:09 pm »

AJTexasfan,  this was a glimpse of what Alan has been doing at concerts this tour.  He and the band all pull out stools and he talks about some of his great old hits and plays small snippets.  It's a great touch.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 03:07:43 pm »

Thanks Becky!  I had been reading about the stools and talking and it sounded wonderful.  Wish he was coming closer on this Freight Train tour!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: