Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 02:56:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosemont Concert  (Read 18040 times)
katluvsaj

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2010, 08:16:52 am »

I was going to try to post last night, but I was too tired when I got home after midnite.

WOW!  What a great concert - Alan just keeps getting better & better.  Just when you think you have seen the ultimate AJ concert, he tops himself.   
He was very relaxed & talkative last night and sounded so wonderful.  That man can sing a song!!   
He wore a light brown shirt with stitching (but not the normal stitched-down look) on the top front part of the shirt and of course those wonderful holey jeans.   WOW!
Loved, loved, loved the part where he sits with some of the band and talks (a lot) & sings some of the songs you don't normally hear in concert.  Two of my favorites - Home & A Song For A Life.   GREAT!   Also did Blues Man which is always awesome.   And as always kudos to The Strayhorns - they are an awesome, uber-talented band.    When Alan was introducing the band during the sit-down part, he talked about how Mark McClurg was only 18 when he joined the band and couldn't even drink in the bars they were playing.  LOL
Changed up a lot of the videos too - loved the one with Martina!  Won't go into detail so it won't spoil it for those still going to concerts.
Didn't get to the stage this time - we had third row seats, but we were right in the center (which was wonderful), but not conducive to getting to the stage.  Sorry, but I'm not the chair climbing gal I used to be!  Didn't get a pic either - but that's ok, I so thoroughly enjoyed this concert, I can't be sorry about anything.

Chris Young was very good - and young!   Josh Turner sat on a stool through most of this part of the concert.   Apparently he and Chris were playing basketball and Josh sprained his ankle really bad.  He's a really cutie and has beautiful blue eyes.   Great singer too!

Got some pictures, but not sure how good they turned out, as usual I had a man standing in front of me and I'm only 5'3" so every one is taller than me and I had to reach around to take pics.  I'll check them out today.  I did get a picture by the trucks and will send that to the fan club.

Met some nice fan club members and the woman sitting next to me was with a man who was the spitting image of Trace Atkins.  He had his picture taken with a lot of people before the show and he says that he has met Trace and has acted as his double on occasion.  He has the long, long hair too.  He was a real good sport about all the pictures for everyone.

All and all another wonderful night with the Performer of the Year every year - Mr. Alan Jackson!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 09:53:43 am »

Thanks Kathy for the great review.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 10:51:29 am »

Another Thank you Kathy~ I couldn't have said it better! Everyone sitting around us also loved the part of the show when Alan and the Strayhorns sat and Alan sang his music. A lot of artist would be timid to sing songs that normally aren't sang in concert. Alan carried it off beautifully and fans enjoyed it.

We had 2 guys from CA., sitting next to us, and they were at the last 3 concerts. Then the guy right next to me said he went on Craig's List and bought his row 2 ticket for $50.00. He said you can always find great deals there on the day of the concert. I'll have to check that out for all concerts to see how it works.

I also had my picture taken with the Trace Atkins double. My girlfriend LOVES him. I thought she'd get a hoot out of the picture. I took one with his hat in front of our face so you couldn't see what we were doing (nothing, just laughing). He said he never thought of taking a picture that way ~ thanks for the idea.

You know, even being in row 2, and I'm short like you Kathy ~ 5'3" and a few times I had to, put my hands on the guys hip and scootch him more forward facing so I could see Alan. He was very nice, said if he's blocking my view, just keep doing what I was doing. He also was a big Alan fan.

We got a few pictures of Alan's trucks ~ we saw 4 of them last night. We were one of the last to leave, as we were eating dinner on the motor home after the show. I was too sore to get out of the motor home to have my picture taken by it ~ but we have a few shots.

We had a great evening ~ Thank You Alan and the Strayhorns. And Thank You to the guy who sold us row 2 tickets for $40.00 each!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 10:54:37 am by SugarPlumFairy » Logged
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:59:43 am »

Kathy and Judy thanks for great reviews!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:40:09 pm »

Kathy and Judy,
your reviews and info shared were Great!
We all want to attend another AJ show after you see one like these!
Thanks for taking time to write out some of your thoughts and add to them
if you recall more things about the experience.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 01:02:56 pm »

I looked at my pictures this morning and they turned out pretty good.  I'll try to get them downloaded as soon as I can - not promising today though. 
Judy, too bad we couldn't have met, but it's so hard with so many people there.  Sometimes I feel like standing up and asking who is a fan club member that posts on the board.  LOL
Glad you got your picture taken w/Trace aka (that's how he says he signs his name, because he doesn't feel like he should be signing Trace's name).
Couple of other highlights:
WWY, always & forever a fan favorite and so touching.  This is one that I just sit & watch Alan sing - it still takes my breath away and always a long standing ovation.  I feel he will be performing this song in concert for many years to come.
Drive, that song is so powerful - everyone can relate.
The encore of Great Balls of Fire - what a great idea.  A rousing end to the best concert!! 

It was really cold in the venue - the Chicago Wolves (the American Hockey League) play their games at Allstate Arena & they are in the playoffs, so there was ice under the floor.  I finally warmed up when Alan hit the stage and I was dancing & screaming!

I'm ready right now for another AJ concert - I always feel like it should go on forever.  Hoping he comes close again in the fall - about Milwaukee Alan? 

Kathy

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 01:41:07 pm »

Kathy,

I could not wait to read your Review & live Vicariously though your Great moments Ha!  I haven't seen Alan this Tour due to illines of my hubby.I am so missing them in Concert..I hope they miss us too ha! j/k

Sounds like such a wonderful Concert and love the way in which you noted all the little things plus Imporatnt things in the Concert. Thanks so much for a great review.Love the Songs he did and I hope if I get to see them This Year in the Fall
Tour, he will do "The Bluesman" Love it! He did "Like Red on A Rose" the night of my M & G, I love that Love Song!

Love the way of sitting on stools w/The StaryHorn, those guys are not bad to look at too lol. Love Mark McClurg and we sat right by him once at the Opry, he is so handsome & face so darling. Funny the remark that Alan made about" his not being able to drink, when they first performed in places.." ha! Cute.. Love Monty Allen and he  is so cute, I was listening to his CD, "Soldier Coming Home" as my nephew just got back from Afganistan to the USA!!!! Yea! the other day! Love that song of his and finally got to shake hands with Monty at St. Augustine. He is sweet & cute. He and Mark sing along w/Alan and they sound perfect together..Alan always looks so much better up close, he is one Handsome man that sings like a Lark ! His ways is what makes him so endearing to Fans.. and music..and voice.. and just HIM! ha!

I just love the new way they talk and sit on stools, that is more intimate and Love to hear the things they say about each song etc..Lots of memories to share w/Fans and others. So happy you got to experience this. I hope he doesn't stop doing it this way, before we can see them somewhere.Your review was so wonderful and even  makes me feel like I'm experiencing it..

One thing you said that rang a bell w/me.. I sat by a Guy and Girl and he looked like Trace Adkins, I told him, I thought he was Trace, my heart was in my throat..He smiled like Trace.. He even dressed like Trace..but he wasn't as tall. wonder if it was the same guy.. stange huh.. He had the ponytail and Black hat etc...I still have the photo. I felt like I was sitting by  Trace lol

Back to Our Alan, His outfit  sounded so nice, love all of his shirts and they all look great on him.. You never forget the one he wore for your M & G..Mine was the Black one , so soft and pretty. You said you had a chance to go to the stage from third row but didn't want to climb. we were actually sitting in 3rd row @UCF and the seat tuned over when someone left, and the guard was there and I walked right past him and got to the stage with Sharon , to get to the stage.. God turned that seat over, no doubt.. ha! Sharon was so short, I lost her almost up there, I could see really well, so tall.You should have tried, but sounds like you had a wonderful night anyway at the Concert.. Josh sounds really cute..Chris was here and has a good voice too. I am always so anxious to get to Da Man , I can't relax until I see Alan & The StrayHorns!
Thanks for the Wonderful Review of the Concert and your experience, It was Great!

Jerrie-MS & FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
markresc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:17:54 pm »

Kathy,

My wife and I must have been sitting right behind you (or close anyway).  We were in row 4 seats 23 and 24 - the Trace look alike was just a row up and a couple seats left of us.  Wish I had known as I would have said hi to you.  I read these posts and wish I knew what some of you looked like so I could say hi.

We went to the concert in St. Louis last year and it was over ice also.  That can be a little chilly.

Thought that both Chris Young and Josh Turner looked like they were really enjoying themselves on stage.  Think I might have to pick up Chris's CD.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 06:37:49 am »

SugarPlumFairy ,

Thanks for the nice Review, sounds like a wonderfil time for you and your friend. I think that Trace Looka like goes all over, I know that was the one maybe I saw at St Augustine. I had the feeling I was sitting by Trace that night lol. This one was a bit shorter, but his girl Friend was very pretty..I still have those photos, do you have any of him? If you post your photos here, could you post his also, where I can see if it's the same person. Haven't seen Any photos yet.. Does Anyone have Photo bucket? it's safe to post on here, I have done it. I have no personal photos on this account..
Glad you had a "Good Time" and Alan & Band sounds like they were really good too.

markresc  Glad you enjoyed the concert also. Love Chris's CD, His new Songs are all good. Sounds like he and Josh were doing great too! So glad you enjoyed the concert. I always find at least one Fan, when we go.Wish you had met some.
AJ's Fans are all so nice, the ones I've had the pleasure of meeting. some by accident too ha!

Thanks again,
Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
withthebandgrl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 10:35:40 am »

Hey everyone! the concert was amazing! I was told by Cindy via Email that we had 5th row seats but we got to the venue and to our surprise we had 4th row seats! My mom and I had the opportunity also to meet Chris Young before the show through the fan club. We had some trouble finding where our passes were because the guy at the box office told us that they didn't have them. We somehow ended up at the place we were supposed to wait to meet Chris and asked his tour manager about it. He was so nice! He remembered my mom from one of the other Chris shows we went to and let us both back!
After meeting Chris we went down to our seats and they were amazing! Chris Young came on right at 7 and sang 6 songs. Josh Turner came on next and he was good.
Then it was time for our main man Alan!! Loved the whole backdrop he had with the train tracks and the screens with videos on them! Also loved the part where he sat down with his band and told stories about how the songs were written before he sang them! Was soooo happy when he played my favorite, Chasin' that Neon Rainbow! Had a blast at the concert, took lots of pictures and a couple videos. Not sure if I can share the videos on here so please PM me if you want to see them Smiley
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 01:32:11 pm »

Lover all of your reviews.Happy to see you all had
a great time at the concert.I would have loved to see
Alan sitting and talking.
ELaine

SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:22 pm »

If anyone is interested, I'll make a copy CD of the pictures for you. You'll have to send me your address.

At the concert my seats where. Section 2 ~ row 1, seat 16 or something. Way too far for me to see anything with people standing. We were able to get row 2 for $40.00. I know they state up to row 25 but I wasn't thinking they would be that far back. So glad we were able to find more reasonable tickets closer up. Tickets for the scrapbook, I guess. lol  It's amazing how the price of tickets drop at the last minute.

Judy
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 03:51:11 pm »

A Big Thanks to each of you for telling us your thoughts and experiences
at the Rosemont Show!

Hope that we don't float off of these Clouds AJ and Josh and Chris have
left us hanging onto any time soooon.

One thing I want to add is that I told this to Josh in the m&g...
His Cracker Barrel CD is the Best of any of them... (sorrrry, but it truly is!)
It was recorded with a 'live' audience at the Ryman and it was amazing!!
Now, he very seriously told me...that he had not heard it...and then went
on to sign for another fan in this m&g.  I am going to have to investigate
that with another fan's help.  For Sure.   
Alan's is Fine...but Josh's has twice as many songs and having that 'live' aspect
really made it extra special.  I was able to attend Josh's Opry induction and was
just thrilled.

eschultz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 08:15:48 pm »

hi Kathy,, i was sitting right next to you...Ohhh Alan was just awesome... Your post about the show is perfect.
I am glad I didnt miss him due to helping that elder lady in front of me... I was getting a bit nervous.  but it all turned out okay.. I missed Josh..  I love his eyes,, wow so blue..  Alans beats him though..

Well hopefully I can try to have a m&g and have it picked for the right city.  Geez..

Maybe we will see each other again at an AJ concert...
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 09:07:09 pm »

Hey, eschultz - so glad you didn't miss Alan either.  But, that was really nice of you to help that woman, I'm sure she appreciated it.  Let's both hope for a M&G next time. 
Alan is the A#1 Best!!
Hope we can meet again also - hopefully Milwaukee in the Fall.
Say hi to Trace aka.

Kathy

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: