Alan Jackson
May 13, 2024, 06:41:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rosemont Concert  (Read 18039 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 09:48:54 pm »

Thanks for all the great reviews.  Sure wish I hadn't had to cancel coming to these concerts. So happy all of you had such a GOOD TIME. 

Livin' On Love in California
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 10:49:04 pm »

Terry, Alan's slight hesitation during GOOD TIME when it was time for
the signs caught my attn. It was ever so slight...but those cards have
become something I think he sort of depends on... Your choreography
works so well for him I think. Wink

Yes, so sorry you could not be here for the IL shows...
CARNAHANBI

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 12:20:18 pm »

I was at t he concert.      Alan and the Strayhorns  did a great show.          Saw that  Trace  Adkins lookalike  and in between band setups   I went over and asked for a picture,  he was very nice.    Really like the end  with the Great Balls of Fire    that is new.   

Living on Love     Arkansas
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 08:01:44 pm »

I was there too. And agree with the other reviews.  It was great. Husband and I really enjoyed ourselves.  Well all but the 4 hour drive and the horrendous traffic getting through Chicago at rush hour!  This country girl is just not used to the big city. Also got to meet up with Sue and her sister and Vicki and her husband and that was a nice perk. 

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
suem

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 09:30:54 pm »

I had intended to write about the concert sooner but life has been extra special.  On my drive home from the concert, my precious grandson, Alex James, (AJ) made his presence into my life.  So I've been having lots of cuddling time!  Now back to the concert.  It was awesome.  I love the new format with the sit down session and some very creative and interesting new videos. The rail tracks backdrop was perfect.  Alan was talkative and was in a very jovial mood. I was thrilled to see him in the tan, brown shirt with the interesting braided pieces. He came out on the stage with the biggest smile.  6th row and dead center, had a wonderful view of the man! The arena was filled with adoring fans. One of the highlights of the evening was Alan singing Great Balls of Fire as his closing song.  Impressed with Alan's stamp on that song! Alan always leaves me wanting more and he sang at least 27 songs. Seeing Alan in the fall is a must!  Having dinner before the concert with Vicki and Becky and their husbands made the evening special.  We had our pictures taken together by the trucks.   My sister enjoyed the concert too and we stopped at Cracker Barrel and picked up a few Alan things.  His clothing line was 70% off on Friday but 80% when we stopped on Sunday.  So I added a few more Alan things to my wardrobe.  I bought the sunglasses and I love them!  Life doesn't get much better---an Alan Jackson concert and a grandson born the next day.  Much to be thankful for!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:48:06 pm by suem » Logged

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2010, 09:51:35 pm »

Congratulations on the new grandson, Sue.  Tht early cuddling time is so special!  Thanks for the concert review too.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2010, 10:03:34 pm »

Sue so glad you had such a good time...and thanks for the review like I told you how much
                you would love Alan I love the new way he is doing the show like the sit down part ..I think
                 everybody loves the sit down part and it always ends to soon.
                 So glad the grandbaby waited till you were on your way home. I sure hope he comes south
                  again this year....Will be looking for you sometime this summer.

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
eschultz

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 07:35:31 pm »

kathy,,

yep cant wait till the fall..  Smiley
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 03:23:43 pm »

Sue, those were 2 of the best ever Highs a woman could have.
I'm so happy for you... and he is a bundle of joy...your own little AJ!!
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 01:57:03 pm »

Terry, Alan's slight hesitation during GOOD TIME when it was time for
the signs caught my attn. It was ever so slight...but those cards have
become something I think he sort of depends on... Your choreography
works so well for him I think. Wink

Yes, so sorry you could not be here for the IL shows...

I also noticed the slight hesitation on the GOOD TIMES song. Last year we had the letters to hold up. I don't know why we didn't bring them this time.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 11:14:59 am »

Thank all of you for your great reviews and I am glad all who went had a great time.   Take Care  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: