Alan Jackson
May 05, 2024, 02:35:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: May Thread- May showers bring June Brides  (Read 59140 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2010, 11:14:30 pm »

Taking the cue from Sharon, I decided to start the May Thread- up watching Jay Leno. He is so hilarious he cheers me up. Hoping for a better month of May for all of us. It has been great seeing Alan on TV following his Album release & also fun seeing him in concert. I am improving but it takes time as I've said.

Terry- hope you get to go to the rest of your concerts.

Kathy- Enjoy your first concert in 2 years. You are probably in withdrawal.lol

Dizzy- If you have shoulder problems I sympathize & empathize- it takes forever for them to heal. Bless you.

BHR- My thoughts & prayers are still with you.

Hello to everyone else & here's to a good month of May.

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 01:20:07 pm »

Thanks for starting the May thread Harriet!  Glad your improving!

You're right, I am in withdrawal not seeing Alan for two years, but tonight is the night!   I'm taking Alan's original cookbook with me tonight to try to get it signed.  I got a signed one from the fan club of the second one, so I need a matching set, don't you think? 

We'll be picking up our tickets, going for a picture by the trucks and having dinner before the concert.  I don't know how much I'll be able to eat, but I'll need my nourishment for sure! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »

Harriet,

Thanks for starting May!

Nashville Area is pouring rain, I just talked to my dil & they had about 11 inches. I hope Alan & Family also Office & staff are ok..( lots of Brides going to be wed in Nashville according to your heading) ha!

Tornado's a possibility later in Nashville area around my son's etc....I hope NOT! say prayers. They said 11 inches of water
going down the drains, sounded like a flood. Thank God it stops to drain off, before continuing again.

Some good News, I have none LOL. I just keep hoping we will start talking Happy Times and it seems to never change..
Hope all is well for all, if not , get better soon. You are all in my prayers.

So many concerts coming up, I enjoyed Marilyn sharing her experience, it reminded me of mine.. Can't wait to hear all the rest that post..seeing Our Favorite Country Singer!
Rain due here all next week and storms.. YUK! Dizzy, you hang in there!
On that note, it's Beautiful here today! sun shinning and so nice! so grateful for that!
Take care Everyone of YOU!
Jeri-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:40:25 pm »

Harriet thanks for the May thread.I
hope now that April is over May will
bring the sun.
Elaine

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 09:08:36 pm »

Jeri, I am glad that I have had this concert experience again. It was last yr in March that
we had seen Alan in St Louis after having seen him the Oct before that.  So, mostly I average
one or sometimes 2 AJ concerts a year.   It is always good to chat with folks who 'understand'
how it is to have his music in our lives, I think.

It will be fun to see the postings increase as this wkend progresses in that regard.
I know trying to write things down and recall the best parts is hard after all the
stresses sometimes involved. 

Seriously... I hope Alan can get back into his property tonite after the show.
He has the bus to stay on if not..but the Harpeth River floods around the edges
of his land. They say Nville can expect rain to continue thru Sunday!
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 09:50:16 pm »

Marilyn,

I have been to see Alan from Florida to MS & Nashville. we had front row at the Grand Ole Opry and really close at the Ryman. this is about the first time we have missed a show in FL.. lately.. I met Alan late 2009, but I still miss him already..

Oh yes, I am asthmatic but I did go to my first outdoor Venue at St Augustine and saw Sue, Dizzy and Terrry. Sharon said she saw us, but I only saw the signs from a distance..I saw the Flag from Sweden, wonder what happened to Sabrina & her new hubby that came to St Augustine..
I can't remember who many times we have seen Alan and The Strayhorns. Hollywood, Florida, before St Augustine, where
Nichole died..Yuk! but it was so nice..I would not spend the night there , so we drove back lol we had close seats there too. That concert was before the St Augustine one, so we didn't see anyone we knew there. we always get there early and park and eat at a nearby restaurant.. we see him about twice a year or more..when we retire we will go more. I saw him introduce his "Precious Memories at the Ryman..Loved that.. we got row two at the Opry and were right by them. I made photos too. It was on TV and we had to watch for cameras when making photos. He introduced "Good Time" that night! have seen him at UCF about three times now.MS is where my meet and greet was, we have a country House there to stay in.Love Mississippi!! I heard that Alan and Reba and others use that Venue to rehearse, not sure if that is true or not,,,,
Dizzy, you and your allergy, I don't think I can hack another outdoor venue with Asthma, I had to go to the Dr later..
ended up in Mayo for four days with allergy and a deep ear infection..so check out your Dr if you are having allergy & ear problems..It can be serious for me, being asthmatic.. Marilyn so glad you got to see Alan again but the minute I leave, I want to go to more. ha! It was sheer Heaven meeting Alan after admiring his work all the Years. really enjoyed your nice review. Did anyone order the Star of Alan's? I got one and a shirt..w/Freight Train!!I always wait too late and they were gone once..Oh Yes, I also tested my new Order setup to make sure it works before I buy tickets, if we get a chance to go..hubby is not that much better yet..he is about ready to retire, I think.. & enjoy!
Can't wait to see what the tonight ones at the  Concert, write later..Jerrie-FL

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 09:28:55 am »

Thanks for starting the May thread Harriet.
Wish everyone a safe and healthy May. A speedy improvement for those who need.
With May rain is finally coming in Belgium. Bad news is that our government felt this week. Reason: a stupid language question ! This time it could be the end of Belgium. Elections are in prospect but i wonder if it make any difference. The north will be always Flemish and the south French! Stupid politicians !!!
Good news is how more i listen to "Freight Train" how more i love this album.
btw.: what's your opinion of Clay Walker's new song? I love it.
For those who go see Alan in concert, enjoy and be safe on the roads.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:47:07 pm »

Jeri, I hope when your husband retires you get to see Alan more often.
Maybe with his daily stresses from holding a job gone, he will improve.
Prayers for that.

JeanB, I'm sorry about the Belgian probs... Yes ,, crank up Freight Train
to boost the mood level upward. Wink   I do like Clay Walker's song, too.
Do you remember Alan letting Clay release a song AJ had written...wayyy back
in time?  If I Could Make a Livin' Out of Lovin' You?   Love it, too...still.

The reviews are coming in now, Jeri and JeanB... woooohoooo

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 01:13:20 pm »

I've posted my reviews on the concert thread from last night's show in Rosemont.  Another exciting, wonderful night.  It's one of the longest AJ concerts I've been too, but it went so fast - sometimes I wish I could slow it down and savor every minute. 

JeanB, sorry about your government problems.  I think they are universal - politicians are a problem everywhere!

Marilyn - I love 'If I Could Make a Living' - GAC used show classic videos and I always liked that one from Clay.  They don't show those old videos anymore - a shame.   I like Clay's new one also, but I've only heard it a couple of times.

I got to tell you, I'm loving Freight Train more & more.   Classic AJ & classic country - something that's missing a lot from today's "country" music.  JMO

Kathy

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 02:54:46 pm »

Kathy, if you like Old video's , look at the one on my profile. I can't forget those days!

No good news here but ;
Yes, I do Like Clay Walker, his new one is awesome and he is so very handsome. Love "She wont Be Lonely Long"

Now to the Best Country Singer/Songwriter alive Alan!!!

I still overall like Alan's voice best and he is just so super nice. Love his ways and his songs on Frieght Train I'm loving more and more! It's his Charisma that gets my attention. he is an exceptional Singer..

Jean/b, sorry about your rain there and politics always makes me angry lol

Speaking of RAIN. Our son called and it's much worse where he lives near Brentwood. to show you how deep the water is in areas near him, a man got in his boat to go help people and he almost hit the streetlights over his head..
My son was really concerned because of the babies.. They had a bit of water come in the front door but sand bagged it and now it's fine.. The back yard is lower.. They made photo of the rain coming in to have for insurance..all streets around them are too much water to go anywhere now. His front yard looks like a river as the drainage is so bad there. the drain pipe is down from them and they said it sounded like a rushing river.. scary.. They are having to stay inside, rescue can't get anywhere much..I hope Alan & Family are ok.. the shopping center where we shopped is  water logged..no one can leave as some of the highways are closed..I called her today & they are taking the rug out of the LR and throwing it away.
Have to buy new rug. they put their furniture up on anything to get it higher up, in case it came in the house. The LR window when they looked out,  water was up to the window & it is high up and high ceilings. she said when they heard
the sirens , they didn't know where to go or prepare for tornado. Thye are cleaning up today but this is very unusual.

I hope and pray they will be ok.. They said this is a first for them, and his wife has lived in Nashville all her life. She used to know Robbie's wife, in Alan's Band. I hope Alan & family are ok.. but the house he made the Video in, is near my son..The Song on Freight Train Video..I hope all those beautiful old Historical Homes are not under water too.
If any of you live there, I hope you are ok. They still have power at least for now.
My son is tall Like Alan & big, so he helped a couple tear out carpet they had just had put down, it was soaked with water..He is strong enough to do it, but they were not..They are all helping one another.
!! I don't want my babies to  be stranded.. They are twins ,  What a time for this!!

Got to run in case he calls again.. It may rain more here next week, I hope we don't get flooded but never have in 30 years here. This is in FL, Lordy! I hate to think of hurricane season LOL We will be leaving for Mississippi, if they come.
MS is having tornado's too, two killed and one in a house killed.. what is happening w/weather!!

Take care and say prayers for TN people and all people dealing w/flooding & storms. My Son & family is one of many..
Thanks, Jerrie-MS & FL
I hope Alan & Family ,Office and Staff near are ok..Cindy, You take care!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 12:26:50 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 01:24:31 pm »

Marilyn is is so nice that you get to see
Alan each year.We are not so lucky here.
Jean I think when politicians get elected they
leave their brains at home.(LOL)
Kathy glad you had a great time at the concert.
Will go read your review.
Jeri I pray your son and his family will stay safe
with all that rain.
I thas rained off and on here all weekend.Had a
good time with Jess here.Georgie loved having
Sisco to play with.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 02:56:25 pm »

Thanks for starting the May threat Harriet.  Glad you are feeling better.

Jeri, sure hope your son and family are ok.  The flooding in Nashville looked awful.  I do know that Roger Wills (One of the Strayhorns) had some flooding at his home in Nashville.  Haven't heard from my bil in Nashville, so that may be good news.

We have had rain all day today. 

Kathy glad you enjoyed the concert.  Nothing like going to see that tall blonde guy. 

Jean/B:  Sorry to hear about the political problems in Belgium.  Do you have a democracy there?  You'll have to give me a social studies lesson. 

Today is Jerry & my 42 anniversary.  We are planning on going out to dinner tonight.  We actually have eaten out all weekend.  LOL!  I don't mind.

We watched Episode I, II, and III of Star Wars this weekend on Spike TV.  Jerry had never really seen them, and it had been a while since I saw them.  Now I'm ready to see The Empire Strikes Back!   

Hope y'all have a good Monday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 06:40:05 pm »

Happy Anniversary Sharon!!!
JeanB I am going to have to read up on Belgium - sorry to hear about the political problems.
Jeri hope your son and family are doing all right with the flooding.
Loved all the concert reviews!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 07:03:15 pm »

Another gorgeous day here.  Sunny & 70's.  Sorry to hear about Nashville and all areas affected by the rain & flooding.  Such a shame.

Going back to work sure brings you back to reality fast.  Didn't even have time to enjoy my post-concert glow for very long.   I was so busy today the day just flew!

Sharon, Happy Anniversary!!

Only four more Monday nights of '24'.  This is the final season and I sure am going to miss that show.  It was a great ride for 8 seasons.  Thanks Kiefer & group for a wonderful show - looking forward to the movie next year!

Kathy

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 10:23:14 pm »

So sorry to hear about all the problems in and around Nashville, I sure pray for everyone's safety there. 
It was 85 here today so hope some of this dry warm weather heads towards Nashville to help dry things out. 

Loved reading the reviews of this past weekend's concerts and missed being there, but with the money I'm making doing the census will help for concerts down the road.  I'm the crew leader assistant and have been working well over 8 hours a day, today it was 12 hours.  I think it will calm down a little after this first "real" week of work, plus I can't go over 40 hours in a week anyway.  Had to be "down the hill" to the main office (a hundred miles) by 9 this morning, and most of you know I'M NOT A MORNING PERSON...LOL  Sounds like I'll be making that trip (later in the afternoon) about every other day, plus all the other work.  I really like it and it's important work. 

Happy Anniversary Sharon and Jerry.  Hope you have tons more to celebrate!! 

Jean, sorry for all the problems in Belgium.  How's your weather for riding?  Any plans on coming back to the USA?  How's your wife and daughter?

Harriet, thanks, and I hope so too.  Thanks for starting the May thread.

Hope everyone is doing ok.  I try to read a couple times a week, but don't have time to post much.

Hugs to all.

Livin' On Love in California
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: