Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 05:17:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: February Thread-Drop by & visit  (Read 55445 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2010, 06:26:15 am »

Good morning, Friends & welcome to the Febrary Thread. Hope all of you are well & those of you coping with snow & ice have my sympathy. We were lucky in Atlanta & had only a rain event. Sitting here in the quiet & stillness of early morning I feel peaceful & blessed to have my health back. We hope to go to Pigeon Forge sometime soon. We really need a vacation.
Looking forward to the release of Alan's new album & trying to persuade Radio Stations to play It's Just That Way  more.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:28:41 am by HariAJFan » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:35:32 am »

Harriet, it's cold here too again FL..but in daytime the sun warms up a bit. My son said Nashville had snow about six inches where he lives, near Franklin. Also it was covered in Ice first before the snow, so that makes it more dangerous. The schools are closed in their area..Memphis got snow also & ice.

Harriet, I am so glad you feel well again, I know the feeling, after having been ill a long time. God Bless you and I hope this summer will keep enduring this feel good phase. I hope you get that vacation soon! we thought about later going to the
hotel near the malls and just enjoy some walking around( it's enclosed) and enjoy the sights.. but now it's snowing & ice.

we would love to go to MS too but hubby has tests etc.. I need to go but it's icey there also, so it will have to wait. we need that vacation too, after hubby has been sick too long.

I know what you mean about Alan's new song, they play if off and on on our local station. I request etc.. but it plays really well one day, the next, not so much. I don't undertand radio anyway..so much involved. It really sounds great on Radio! I downloaded it on I-Tunes. It's was already in the 30's, so maybe they slow the play down, when others are in the top. It came in well , I thought it would continue climbing fast..like George Straits appears to.

I'll be busy preparing hubby a strict low fat diet, this keep me constantly in the klitchen. He has to do it now. amazing how
labels are so off, until you read the fine print.. A Great February to Everyone!!
Jerrie-FL-MS

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:29:58 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:02:41 am »

Good February to one and all, hope all get healthy to those who are or have been under the weather.  For those who have been healthy so far, please stay that way.  May this be the month that everything starts to turn for the better for everyone.  Leslie
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 12:47:56 pm »

Leslie- glad you are doing well.

Jeri-All I know about radio is that the more requests they get the more they will play the song. And Radio Airplay drives the charts so all we can is request to our station once a day & hope for the best. I heard Alan's song twice yesterday in Atlanta. When he gets higher on the charts they will play it more. Right now it is up to #27 on Mediabase.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:49:29 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 01:19:48 pm »

Happy February Y'all!
I just downloaded the new calendar.  Woo Hoo, I love it.  Thanks Cindy!
We had freezing rain/sleet Friday night.  The kids went to school today.  Roads here are good.  The weatherman is saying we may get some winter mix next weekend.  I hope not, I've got tickets for the musical Wicked next Saturday! 

I'm gonna go to and do our taxes.  I told my dh I would over the weekend and just couldn't get in the mood with the weather and trying to stay warm!  My excuse anyway.

Y'all have a good Monday!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 01:50:14 pm »

Harriet    Thank you for starting tha FEB. Thread. I thank GOD you are well and I pray you stay that way. I am glad you love your ipod.
Leslie   I like you hope those who are healthy stay that way and those that are not get healthy.
Jerri    Please take care of yourself as you take care of you husband.
Luckylady44      I hope you get a big refund back.
Elaine      I hope you are warm and well.  We only had a little snow, but windy and freezing.

Take Care  Stay Warm and Well.   EVeryone and please ask your radio station to play IT'S JUST THAT WAY.    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 03:48:53 pm »

Harriet thanks for starting the Feb
thread.So glad your feeling good.
Jeri hope your hubby is doing well.
Sorry your weather has been cool.
Leslie glad all is well with you.
Sharon have fun with the taxes.I am still
waiting for my T 4's to come.
Nelle our snow is gone but we have had
rain for the last couple of days.
Elaine

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 07:57:21 pm »

Thanks from me too for starting the Feb thread? 

Do you think the ground hog will see his shadow tomorrow??? Not that I believe in that.  Guess he saw it last Friday here, we had a very deep snow. Our church cancelled services yesterday morning. Not sure how much we got but I'm guessing around 6 inches, but that's much better than the ice storm we had last Jan.

Hopefully everyone who has been sick is on the mend now. 

Sharon, got my taxes fixed week before last, take them in to the accountant next Tues. what a relief to get that behind me.  I hate doing those things.   

I have been going though papers and etc today, and thowing away, already have 3 bags full and more to go.  Why I let all this junk accumulate for years is beyond me.  I think we need to move and maybe I would get rid of more junk.

Everyone have a good and safe week, in case I don't get back on here.

"Gone Country"  From KY
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 10:42:40 pm »

Harriet, thanks too for starting the February thread.

We have not been feeling very upbeat the last couple of weeks with some things that has gone on with our family the details of which I can't get into as this forum is open to the public. But I would like to ask everyone of you for your prayers for my hubby's sister-in-law. She had a mild heart attack a week ago Sunday, I think it was, and was hospitalized for couple of days. She was discharged from the hospital and a day or 2 later she was admitted again. Now we just got a phone call that she's back in the hospital again and her doctor is seriously considering on a bypass surgery. They'll make the decision tomorrow and we will be informed. We're guessing that her doctor is trying to avoid having her undergo the surgery if he can because she had had a bypass surgery (not sure if it was double or quadruple) in 1999 which probably will make it a bit more riskier for her to have it again this time around. Your prayers are very much appreciated. Thank you all. Take care and HUGS.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 11:39:19 pm »

BHR, for your hubby's Sil, prayers are on the way.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 12:40:29 am »

Your hubby's sil is in my prayers, BHR.  Hope things turn better for you and yours.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 09:09:53 am »

You ask for prayers and prayers you will get.  Leslie
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 02:48:11 pm »

Dot I know the ground hog didn't see its shadow
here.We are still getting rain(YUK) When I moved
I had bags of junk to put through the sherdder.I
only wish I had known we have a big shredder at
our bottle depot.It would have saved me a lot of
time and work.
BHR prayers go out to your sil and her family and
friends.It is so hard on every one .My sisters hubby
just went through a heart attack.Doing fine now.
It is raining again today. No wonder people here have
to take Vit D as we get very little sun during the winter.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2010, 03:14:36 pm »

Thank you all for your prayers. I know I can count on you on this. We have not heard anything yet either way but my hubby would call his sister when he gets home tonight if we still haven't heard anything by then. It was his sister that called him late last night about this turn of events saying that their SIL was feeling very poorly and uncomfortable. I'll keep you all posted when we learn anything more. Thank you all again for your prayers. Take care all.

BHR
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 03:16:27 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2010, 03:58:44 pm »

Have a good time in February AJ Friends !

BHR, hope your hubby's sil is being better soon. I send prayers to her.

Harriet, congrats for Serena. She was the bes. btw.: what a boring match! Lucky there was Roger Federer. Whow , what a player. I always love the speaches after the match. Funy what Andy Muray said ...: I can cry like Roger but not play ...

Yesterday it was snowing again . Pfff. Today it was a "Rainy Day In February".
Tomorrow i go with my wife for a eye correction on both her eyes with a laser. Very expensive but no more glasses.

Oh yeah ... don't forget the polls on the music page. Thanks

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: