Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 07:30:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: February Thread-Drop by & visit  (Read 55446 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 02:29:37 pm »

BHR still praying for your SIL.Hope she is having
a better day.
Jean I was surprised to read your wife is having
both eyes done at the same time.Here they only
do one at a time.Glad you will be their to support
her.
Finally have some sun today.
Elaine

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 03:44:21 pm »

Elaine, it wasn't usual laser churgery. It's something relative new, calling Femto Lasik.
Laser churgery is very painful and they do one eye at the time. Femto Lasik is complete painless (no cuting)and the risks are so good as nihil. Less than 1%. It tooks 30 minutes for both eyes and i could watch at a screen. A few minutes after the "churgery" (?!)she could see perfect without glasses. Yesterday she had very strong glasses (-8). Only two eye chirurgian do this in Belgium and it's a little bit expensive but worth the money.She already can watch tv. At night she have to sleep wearing a kind of dark sun...swimmingglasses during a week.
Unbelievable what medicine can do this days!

I saw on the news that there isn't enough snow in Vancouver for the Olympics. Trucks with snow bring the white stuff on the ski-tracks.Hope they get it fixsed.

have a nice day everybody.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 10:08:13 pm »

JeanB  I am so happy everything went so great for your wife.  You and she must be so happy.   Take Care   nelle

BHR   I am praying for your Husband's Sister -in- Law.  I hope she is feeling better.  Take Care   HUGS nelle

Dot  I think snow is always better than Ice.     Take Care nelle

Harriet  You are so right all we can do is request once a day and hope for the best.     Take Care  nelle

Elaine   If Canada needs any snow ,we are getting more this weekend.  I could send you some.haha  It doesn't last long so far this winter.   Take   Care  nelle   

Take Care  Everyone   Nice and warm and well or feel better.        nelle
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:32:12 pm by nelle » Logged

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 08:53:18 am »

JeanB - glad for your wife, interesting surgery

BHR - praying for all of you

Harriet - will keep trying to request it

Elaine- can you believe it, Olympics in Canada and no snow?  Been a strage winter in most places, those that usually get it didn't and those that usually don't get it did.

I guess we can pray for snow where it is supposed to be and for no snow where it isn't supposed to be.  Leslie
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 12:51:10 pm »

Hello to my AJ Friends. We are going to get a big rain event for a couple of days- it is already moving in.
I've started doing some aerobic exercise & am so out of shape. I only do full exercise for 15 or 20 minutes, then I'm so tired I sleep 10 hours that night. I never sleep 10 hours!
Looking forward to the Vancouver Olympics- I will be watching 4 hours of Figure Skating almost every night. I love the competitive kind of skating where medals are awarded. It is every Figuer Skater's dream to medal at the Olympics.

Terry- Hope you are better; we miss you on the board. Hugs.

Sharon- I give you credit for doing your taxes & getting started early. Hubby does ours & he prcrastinates.

JeanB- Hope the eye procedure on your wife is successful.It was fun voting in your Album Polls.
Justine gave Serena a workout but Serena has a very strong will & that's what got her through.I love Roger's style & flair & confidence. Not sure why Andy Murray said that. I know it was hard for Andy to lose on his home court.

Elaine & Leslie- I heard on the news they are having to bring in extra snow for the Olympics because- as both of you have said- there has not been the usual snowfall there.

BHR- Prayers continue for your hubby's Sil.

Dot- I am cleaning out closets. No fun but has to be done- we have been in this house for 30 years.

Nelle- Thanks again for the continued requesting. Alan jumped 4 slots on Billboard to #25 as of today's reading.

Looking forward to the new album & have pre-ordered it.
Love to All.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 12:54:51 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2010, 02:04:34 pm »

HI FRIENDS...WHAT FUN IT IS TO GET ON THE PAGE AND SEE ALL THE WONDERFUL, COLORFUL PICTURES OF ALAN YOU ALL CAN POST.  I CAN'T MASTER THAT, BUT I SURE DO ENJOY ALL OF YOURS!!
HARRIET, AND ALL YOU OTHER SPORTS FANS..I HAVE BEEN IN SAD CITY SINCE MY VIKES LOST THAT PLAYOFF GAME, THEY PLAYED THEIR HEARTS OUT AND DID IT CLEANLY, WOULD YOU BELIEVE THIS OLD "NEWBIE" SAT AND CRIED AT THE END???  I THOUGHT THE SAINTS PLAYED WITH ONLY ONE THING IN MIND...HURT FAVRE, AND THE DID.  BOY, I'M GOING TO BE FRONT ROW CENTER FOR THE SUPER BOWL ROOTING FOR THE COLTS.  HAVE ALWAYS ADMIRED THAT ORGANIZATION, AND PAYTON MANNING IS A CLASSY MAN, AS WELL AS A TERRIFIC QUARTERBACK.  OH DEAR., LIFE GOES ON...I GUESS. BUT...THE SOUND OF THE BASEBALL AND BAT IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.  GO TWINS!!!
WE ARE STILL HAVING RAINY, SOMEWHAT CHILLY DAYS, NO COMPLAINING THO, WHEN OTHER PARTS OF THE COUNTRY ARE STILL IN DEEP FREEZE.  AN AREA IN THE NORTHEAST PART OF THE STATE, ON THE HOPI/NAVAHO RESERVATION HAS BEEN CUT OFF BY SEVERE FLOODING, AND THEY ARE HELICOPTERING WATER, WOOD AND FOOD SUPPLIES TO THEM.  THE STORMS FOR ME HAVE NOT BEEN MUCH MORE THAN AN INCOVENIENCE, BECAUSE IT ONLY TAKES A 1/2 IN. OF RAIN TO CAUSE STREET FLOODING HERE.  ONE EVE. WE HAD A TORNADO WARNING WHICH I WAS OBLIVIOUS TO...AND WAS OUTSIDE IN THE DARK CHASING DOWN A PATIO CHAIR THAT HAD BLOWN AWAY.  MY FRIENDS SAID THEY HAD GONE INTO THE BATHROOM AREAS OF THEIR HOUSES AFTER SEEING THE WARNING ON TV.  ME?? GALLOPING AFTER A CHAIR.  THEY SAY IGNORANCE IS BLISS...BUT MAYBE ITS JUST STUPIDITY.  ANYHOW, I RECOVERED THE CHAIR!
THINGS ARE GOING TO LOOK JUST BEAUTIFUL WHEN IT WARMS UP A BIT MORE, CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PALO VERDE TREE TO "PUT ON ITS SPRING DRESS," (AS MY DEAR SIL WOULD SAY), AND I CAN HAVE MORNING COFFEE ON THE PATIO.

YOU ALL BE WELL...AND WE HAVE A NEW ALBUM TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!![/b]
[/size]

jean/az allALANalways
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2010, 03:07:45 pm »

Justine gave Serena a workout but Serena has a very strong will & that's what got her through.I love Roger's style & flair & confidence. Not sure why Andy Murray said that. I know it was hard for Andy to lose on his home court.

Harriet, Britain Andy Murray said that about crying like Roger ... because last year Federer didn't win the final in Australia against Nadal; And so he didn't beat the Grand Slam record of Pete Sampras. He Was crying during his speach and stoped talking. Later that year he beat it.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:00 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends,

Once again, thank you so much for all your prayers for hubby's SIL. She's resting well and doing fine now at home. No surgery was done. Doctor just cleared up her previous bypass with a stent. We're all hoping and praying that she won't have another episode of that. Thanks,again, for the prayers. We truly appreciated them.

Harriet, thanks for the heads up on the BB chart standing of Alan's new song. That is wonderful! I've only heard it on the radio 3 times since it was released. But, then again, I haven't been listening much on our radio lately. Too much going on and things to do. It rained all morning here today. Woke up to the smell and sound of it. No wonder my headache started up again last night. Yes, I'm one of those people that gets the headache when it's going to rain and when it's raining. I'm fine now, though.

JeanB, my hubby had Lasik surgery done in 2004 and it was still relatively new here in the US then. Yes, they did both his eyes same day also and had to wear a swim goggle as well at night. He also wore thick glasses before the surgery and I used to tell him he's blind as a bat without them. Femto-Lasik is a more advance kind of Lasik surgery that is becoming more popular now than the original Lasik surgery that my hubby had. He didn't have any pain either during the procedure but had to use some pain medication after. . .eyedrops form. This was because he has dry eyes syndrome at the time and that alone causes some pain or soreness in his eyes sometimes. Add to that the little mishap that happened while we were asleep the night after the surgery. As an added protection, the Lasik eye surgeon put non-prescription soft plastic lens similar to soft contact lenses on his eyes. One of them folded in half somehow while he was asleep and he woke up screaming in pain at 2 o'clock in the morning. He immediately removed it and soon as the clinic opened he went back there and had the surgeon check his eyes. . .4 hours before his scheduled post surgical follow up check up. Fortunately for him there were no damage on his eye. He wore his dark sunglasses outdoors too as well as indoors for awhile when the lighting is too bright and even at night also when he's driving. . .the headlight from oncoming cars also hurt his eyes. Hope your wife had a better experience. You're right, it is expensive but well worth it.

For anyone here interested to know more about Femto-Lasik or Lasik eye surgery in general, here's a link to visit:
http://www.flymedic.com/treatments/eye-treatments/femto-lasik-methods

Terry, miss you here too. Hope everything's fine with you.

Dee, great to see you posting back here. Thanks for updating us on what's happening there with you. You're sorely missed. Do come back again, please.

Elaine, the lack of snow in Vancouver is quite something. My only concern about those snow they're hauling up on the mountain is that it remains safe for the skiers to compete on. It could spell disaster for them all otherwise. I do enjoy the skating competition too.

Jean-Az, good to see you posting again. Sorry about the Vikings' losing to the Saints. Not rooting for either of the teams at the Super Bowl, but I don't have that much confidence with the Saints winning it. Looking forward for the baseball season to begin too. Chasing the chair with a Tornado warning on? My Goodness! I would have let it go and hidden in a safe place myself. :-) I thought about you when we heard on the news about the flooding and all that nasty weather that hit Arizona. Glad to know your doing ok.

You take care, all of you. I agree with everyone's sentiment here. Let's all stay healthy this year. HUGS.

BHR

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 06:14:14 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2010, 05:40:10 am »

BHR: thanks for the experience with Lasik of your husband. If i'm right your hubby got soft lenses the first night. My wife haven't. I think the main difference with the new methode is that they don't use a scalpel anymore. No more cutting in the eye.She have to wear her swim gogle during 7 nights. And of course eyedrops are a must the first days.This afternoon we go for her first eye check. She have no problems or pain till now.

Here another link of Femto Lasik where you can watch the operation:
www.evens-ocular.be/en/index.php?page=femtolasik

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2010, 02:30:33 pm »

Nelle is was great not having to shovel snow for
my pup this year.
Leslie our ski hill has plenty of snow .The Olympic
teams comes here for training.
Harriet they have snow making machines if they
need them on the ski hill.
Jean(AZ) I bet your enjoying the cooler weather
before your heat comes.
BHR happy to see your SIL is doing well with out
having to have surgery.
Jean glad your wife didn't have a lot of pain from
her eye surgery.
Another dreary day here.Had to be up early to take
my car in for a oil change and a new windshield.
Of all nights I had one of those nights where I couldn't
sleep.Think I will take a nap.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 08:23:28 pm »

Hi friends.  Been laying low for a few days.  The flu/cold thing is running through work & my family.  I get on to read a little bit, but not much energy to post.  Feeling better today.

Healthy wishes to everyone who's sick or ailing (or recovering from eye surgery).

I'm tired of winter - February is the most depressing month for me.  Enough already! 
That darn groundhog saw his shadow - more winter.  YUCK!

Can't wait for the new album! 
Some things to look forward to - Freight Train, The Winter Olympics, Spring Training for Baseball (glad the Cubbies are staying in AZ), and SPRING!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 09:21:53 pm »

Just dropping in to say hello and sorry BHR about your SIL.. I am so busy trying to cook things my hubby can eat & keep it low fat...Seems like I'm in the kitchen a LOT! ha! Harriet , like you I'm starting sorting through closets to get rid of outdated clothes , just taking up space..I told my sister I might never come out of that closet lol. She said hers was the
same way after going to Mom's back & forth..changing clothes etc..

Jean/B my mom had surgery on her eyes and it wass the older laser type but she could see better than me, before her death..I wear sunglasses and Contacts out but I don't like the idea of messing with surgery on my eyes just yet.. Let me know how yoiur wife's goes & I might. I'm so scary about any surgery..I will keep my contacts up for a while longer lol

Harriet, so glad you are able to do exercise now, I do treadmill one day and lift weights( only 2 lbs each) with my arms & the next day I'm so sore, out of shape big time here ha! I don't get enough sleep either, so I feel bad to deal with taking care of hubby, but will make it fine. He is so sweet to do things for me for so long, it's my turn now for him. He goes in the hospital for a check to see if the medicines are working and then a biopsy on his pancreas. Prayers for him, I would appreciate it so.. he is not the type to worry..he is wonderful!!! Love him so much! he's on several prayers lists, ours too..

Elaine, I know you wont miss the snow much later on..we can't wait to see the Olympics! Kathy, you seem low, I hope you will feel better soon. it's bad when the family goes through illiness, hugs and prayers.

Jean/az it was funny about you chasing your lawn chair not knowing  a tornado warning was issued..haha! sounds like something I would do. I watch the weather during Hurricane season but that's about it, unless we get the TV alert.
Sounds like a record of snow since years ago in DC..weather is awful all over..

I hope things improve in Haiti. can't imagine the shock of this, for a child or anyone..God Bless them all & prayers.
Take care and I will keep voting for Alan's new single, Love it! his voice sounds great!

Dizzy, Sue, Terry Sharon, Dot, Melanie, haven't seen you posting much but I hope and pray you are all ok.God Bless you all. Nelle glad you are able to keep check on Alan's song and Harriet..Thanks so much to you all. Bless you all.
Take care, Jerrie-MS-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2010, 11:22:10 am »

Morning Y'all!  Well today is the day I'm going to go see "Wicked" with my dil and gs.  Thank the Lord the weather cooperated.  We got quite a bit of rain, 3", and there is flooding in quite a few areas.  If any of you have every been to Maggie Valley, NC, they had a mud slide last night caused from the rain and snow.  Thirty-five people we evacuated and I know when house slid down the mountain.  There are quite a few mountain homes belonging to folks who live out of state there.  Maggie Valley is such a neat place.

Jeri and Harriet, you make me feel bad because I'm not doing exercises.  I bowl and walk some, but need to do more.  Good for y'all. 

I'm looking forward to getting my copy of Freight Train and also Josh Turner's new CD.  Josh signs all of his cds that are ordered from the fan club store.  Hint, hint.

JeanB, glad to hear your wife is doing well after her surgery.  Did you finish your remodeling?  My kitchen is done and I'm enjoying it more everyday.  I'm getting use to using the dishwasher. 

For those of you getting the snow in the east and north, God bless you.  We've had some crazy weather for sure.

Are any of you watching the Superbowl?  I'm pulling for the Colts, was hoping the Vikings were in it, but it wasn't to be.  My son and his family is coming out to watch the game.  We're having hot wings, honey bar-b-cue wings, 5 layer Mexican dip, cheese and sausage dip, and some other stuff.  I need to come up with some type of desert.  May just buy something already made at the store.

JeanAZ, could just picture you chasing the lawn chair.  Glad you didn't get blown away.

Hello to everyone else and have a Super weekend!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »

Kathy sorry to hear you had the flu and cold.
Like you I am finding Feb so depressing.If
we only would get some sun.
Jeri praying all will go well with your hubby's
tests.
Sharon enjoy wicked.Enjoy the football game
with your family.Football is one sport I never
have followed.
I sure made up for not sleeping the other night.
I slept to 9:30 this morning .I might have slept
longer but Georgie was licking my face to let him
out(LOL)
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2010, 01:59:48 pm »

Hi Y'all,
Wicked was great!  I want to see it again!  It will be playing in Charlotte in July and I asked my daughter if she'd like to come down and meet to see it.

No snow here, rain is expected.  We've had some flooding in the area.  Not here, I live up on a hill, but the rivers are out of their banks. 

Nicole has a volleyball tournament in Washington, DC this weekend.  They have not canceled it yet, but Angela is sure hoping they do.

I saw the last half of the Super Bowl.  Our son and family came out, I had church until a little pass 7:00, so didn't get to visit with them but for about an hour.  The food was great, we brought a carrot cake and my son brought out a football shaped cake.  So we had plenty of food.  I made a new Mexican dip that was real easy and very good.

Grant had a basketball game last night.  He did get to play some, but they lost big time!  He said he wasn't playing next year.  He's looking forward to baseball. 

My Josh Turner cd came in the mail over the weekend.  It is a good cd.  Now, I will wait patiently for Freight Train from AJ! 

Y'all have a good Tuesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: