Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 05:43:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: January Thread- Happy New Year  (Read 80599 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2010, 06:20:39 pm »

Kathy hope  your sons got home without
to many delays.
Harriet sorry to hear your cold and have
snow.
Jeri enjoy your wine and stay warm.
Caz nice to see you posting.Hope your
weather improves.
Nell we had a few cold days.Today it has\
got in the high 30.
BHR hope you got to go car shopping.
My bil had a heart attack and they finally got
it settled down yesterday.When he gets stronger
they will sent him to Kelowna for tests to see
what damage he had or if he has blockage.He is
in ICU so can't go visit him.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2010, 06:43:29 pm »

It is still cold here - just adding more clothes, I refuse to turn up the heat.  One good thing about living in this area, they do a great job of cleaning the roads on the big highways (which is what I take to work).  I'm usually the slow one in the right lane though in this weather.  I just let everyone else pass me by - some people make no adjustments for this weather, they are usually the ones in the ditch on the side of the road.

My sons finally got home at 1am on Friday morning.  It was a long day for them - 5 states in 11 hours!  So glad they made it home safely.

It's unbelievable to watch the news and see stories about the cold & snow in states like Florida & Georgia.  That's our kind of weather.  Stay safe everyone!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2010, 09:03:40 pm »

Elaine, I am so sorry to hear about your bil having a heart attack.  Hopefuly he is doing better now and they can figure out what caused it.
We are having really cold weather for us - down to 18 this morning.  Lots of frozen/cracked water pipes around town.  Fortunately my husband took good care of getting us and our kids prepared.  We are just not used to this below freezing weather!!!
Hope everyone is staying warm and safe.
Sherry

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 09:06:53 pm »

Hi everyone   I don't understand this weather.    Kathy I am glad your sons got home safe and sound. Keep driving the way you are and everyone should.   Harriet please be careful on the ice. Ice is worse than snow when driving or walking.
Elaine I am sorry your Bil had a heart attack.  I will keep him and you in my prayers.  Take Care  HUGS   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 01:41:17 am »

Hi Elaine,

Just want to say so sorry about Bill's heart attack.  Keeping you both in my prayers!

Gwen
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 05:47:32 am »

JeanB- wish you were here to redo my wallpaper- I would give you money & some country albums. Hubby & I have never done wallpaper.

Hello Friends,
Harriet, Let me know when the walls are ready. I'll be right there.lol.
Enjoy your iPod.

Elaine, so sorry about your bil. I hope he's better soon.

Sinds Kay isn't on the board anymore i miss her polls. So i was thinking by myself...why not organize a poll for the favorite Alan Jackson song of the fanclub members on this board? That could be fine to know. So i started 3 polls on the "music discussion". This week Alan's first 3 albums and next week 3 other albums. That will keep us busy for some weeks. lol.

Stay warm and enjoy the new week everybody

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 07:41:37 am »

Thanks for the polls JeanB - they are always fun!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 09:22:01 am »

I feel bad for all of you in the South with the cold weather.  Those of us in the North are used to the cold and it doesn't affect us as much.  We can pretty much continue life as usual.  Hope it warms up for you soon.  Leslie
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:10 pm »

Kathy happy yur sons got home safe and sound.
That was a ong day for them.
Sherry my bil is doing better.Still waiting for him
to get stronger so he can go have the tests in
Kelowna.
Nelle it has been strange weather all over.For us
it is for the better.Haven't had to shovel snow for
Georgie this year.Last year It seemed I was shovelling
very other day.
Gwen how is the snow there.Teresa said when they
were in Toronto they didn't have much snow.
Jean thanks for the fun polls.
Leslie we are prepared for those roads but sadly they
are not in those southern states.
Had a wonderful visit with Teresa Jay and the girls.
They had a lot of fun stories to tell me.They ride
horses when their in CUba.The family that runs the stables
invited them to dinner.Teresa said the food was great.I thad
to be as she is a picky eater.
Elaine

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 06:01:14 pm »

Its been cold here   20s during the day and teens and single digits at night,           Today has been the warmest in over a week    sunny and  in the 30s  was 35 today.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2010, 07:28:45 am »

Hi Friends. It's still freezing cold in Atlanta- been going on for 2 weeks now. They say it will get warmer but I'll believe it when I see it.
Went back to Cracker Barrel & got 2 more shirts & the truck.
It's Just That Way is climbing the Mediabase Chart. Love that song.

Elaine- Glad your Bil is better

Leslie I'm actually beginning to get used to this cold weather. To me cold is preferable to heat & humidity which I tolerate very poorly.

JeanB- Actually we are painting the house, getting new carpet & replacing some of our furniture too. Doing it slowly.

Nelle I don't drive on ice. My husband has done the driving for quite awhile since I have been sick so much. But I feel fine now & hope to start back driving when all the ice melts.

Hi to Caz, Dot, Kathy & AJTexasfan.

Every body stay warm.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2010, 08:14:38 am »

Are we thawing out yet?  Not quite!  Maybe tomorrow.  It will feel like a heat wave when it gets up to the 50's  later this week.  Thank goodness we didn't have the ice or snow to deal with this time.  The poor folks with heat pumps here are really having a difficult time and freezing pipes too! 

Elaine, sorry to hear about your bil.  Hope he continues to improve.  Also, I know Teresa and the girls had a wonderful time in Cuba. 

For all of you further north and also those of you in FL not use to any winter weather.  My sympathies with you.  Spring is coming.......Someday.

Y'all have a good Tuesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

January

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2010, 09:02:28 am »

I think I must be the only person around here who doesn't mind winter.  I have always thought of it as a time to relax a little - to hibernate if you will- things are slower and there is less reason to be going places and doing things except around the house.  I can hunker down with a book and not feel guilty and I can cook all my winter meals-- (ALTHO - we did take our granddaughters to the lake on Saturday for some snow fun and we took them sledding on Sunday)...I know it must be really difficult for those in the areas that are not prepared for long stretches of cold and for precipitation that lightens the night.  I don't like the ice (except for skating) but I don't mind the rest of it.  AND it is true that by the middle/end of March I will be hollering for spring as well--lol.  Sharon, I chuckled at your comment about 50's feeling like a heat wave - last night they said we are getting to 35 today and for the rest of the week - they are calling it our January thaw LOL! If we got to 50 I would probbaly go for a ride with the top down LOL.

Elaine - my prayers are with your BIL - I hope the damage was minor and that this was just a warning to slow down...

Harriet - I am glad to see you are feeling better - I am watching Cracker Barrel for the price reductions as well - not that I need any more of that stuff - the rocker in the DR area at our local CB is getting beat up - sad, sad, sad.

Well I am off to ITunes to buy the new single - I downloaded it for free with the link but I am thinking of buying it in case there is any difference - shoot - I thought that was a gift from the big guy - guess not! Stay warm and safe my friends! God Bless

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2010, 09:11:25 am »

Elaine, prayers for your Bil and you.  Hope there wasn't any damage and he will be good as new soon.  Leslie
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 02:35:09 pm »

HI FRIENDS, AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL.  ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I'VE POSTED, JUST GETTING OVER ONE OF THE NASTIEST COLDS I'VE EVER HAD, THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR BRAGGING ABOUT HOW I "NEVER GET COLDS".  WELL...TAKE THAT, MISSY!  ANYHOW, I THINK I'M WINNING THE BATTLE, AND I DIDN'T ACTUALLY SNEEZE AND COUGH MY HEAD OFF, AFTER ALL.  WE DID HAVE A FEW DAYS OF PRETTY CHILLY (FOR THE DESERT, ANYWAY) WINDY WEATHER, AND MAYBE I'M JUST GETTING TO BE A WIMP.  BUT, AT LEAST IT WAS AN EXCUSE TO STAY PUT AND BABY MYSELF.  DON'T YOU THINK THERE'S ALWAYS KIND OF A NATURAL LET DOWN AFTER THE HOLIDAYS?? 
SUCH EXTREME COLD IN SO MUCH OF THE COUNTRY, I DON'T EVEN LIKE TO THINK OF HOW FRIGID IT WAS UP IN THE DAKOTAS, AND MY SONS OUT ON HORSEBACK THROUGH IT ALL, DOING WHAT HAS TO BE DONE.  IT IS MODERATING NOW, AND I HOPE IT CAN STAY THAT WAY.
WASN'T THAT ONE WILD FOOTBALL GAME WITH THE CARDS/PACKERS ON SUNDAY!  NOT NEAT...BUT FUN TO WATCH!
NOW IF I CAN PULL MY VIKES THRU NEXT SUNDAY AGAINST DALLAS.
JUST HEARD ALAN'S NEW SONG "ITS JUST THAT WAY", ANOTHER BEAUTY!  CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM, AND HOPEFULLY A NEW VIDEO OR TWO. 
NOW, YOU ALL STAY WELL, OR GET WELL, AND ALL YOUR DEAR ONES THE SAME.

jean-az/allALANalways
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: