Alan Jackson
April 18, 2024, 09:33:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: About Ben  (Read 9360 times)
Somebody

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:55:35 am »

Lamar Wright is feeling emotional.
5 mins ·
To all of you who have been so kind to pray for Mattie and Ben....Ben wnet to be with the Lord he loved earlier this morning. Our pryayers are for Mattie, as she is absolutely crushed by this. We are all heartbroken. Ben was one of those guys that you only had to meet him once and he was always like an old friend. Fly high, my brother!
jdub

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 08:49:48 am »

Oh I am so, so sorry to read this.  I am hurting for the loved ones, family and friends.  I guess Jesus needed another angel.  Be strong in the Lord Jackson family and rest in knowing that you will be together again someday.  Praying for strength to get you all through these coming days and weeks.
LindaLou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 04:15:45 pm »

I am so sorry and shocked hearing about this.  My heart and prayers go out to Mattie and both families.  I can't imagine what they are going through right now but all I can do is send lots of love.  God be with you!

LindaLou
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 06:43:47 pm »

I am so heartbroken for Mattie.  My thoughts and prayers are with you Mattie and to both families on the passing of Ben. 

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 07:30:19 pm »

This is heartbreaking. My heartfelt condolences to Mattie and the Jackson and Selecman families on Ben's passing. Prayers are being sent to all of you for comfort and guidance as you all grieve.

BHR

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 12:56:30 pm »

Jimmy Carter
1 hr ·
Learning now and confirmed that the son in law of Country Music Hall of Fame member Alan Jackson has died...28 year old Ben Selecman died yesterday after falling at a boat dock in Florida over a week ago....Ben was married to Alan's daughter Mattie...They married in Franklin Oct of 2017...
He was an attorney. The Davidson County DA issued this statement a few minutes ago...
(Nashville, TN)—The District Attorney’s Office is saddened to announce the passing of Assistant DA Ben Selecman. General Selecman suffered severe injuries during a boating accident and passed away on September 12. He was 28-years-old.

District Attorney Glenn Funk said the DA’s Office is thankful for every day that Ben had the opportunity to serve the people of Davidson County. Our prayers are with Ben’s family. He will be truly missed.

Funeral is planned for next week....Our prayers go out to the Jackson family and his legal family...

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 01:56:59 pm »

Thank you for this update, Somebody. I was just about to post links to some media coverage I have just read. Here they are. . . .note that there are some erroneous info in some of these reports:

http://tasteofcountry.com/alan-jackson-son-in-law-ben-selecman-dead/

http://theboot.com/ben-selecman-alan-jackson-son-in-law-dead-dies/

http://www.nashcountrydaily.com/2018/09/13/alan-jacksons-son-in-law-ben-selecman-dies-from-injuries-after-boating-accident/

http://www.cmt.com/news/1798814/tragedy-strikes-alan-jackson-s-family/

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/09/13/alan-jacksons-son-law-dies-after-boating-accident-florida/1291883002/

Rest In Eternal Peace, Ben. Continued prayers for Mattie, their families and friends.

BHR

classicconceptd

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 03:47:13 pm »

So sorry to hear this Alan, my thoughts and prayers go out to both families. May God be with you all in these sad times
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 10:38:58 pm »

My heart is broken for Mattie and all the family and friends. Love and prayers to all.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 02:08:45 am »

My deepest sympathy and prayers to Mattie, Alan Jackson family and all.   God bless you and hold you all.

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 05:02:36 pm »

Oh the shock of reading this,,,, I offer my deepest Sympathy to all those, of both Families, especially Mattie. Bless her . She is such a  sweet Young Woman , I cry for her,,,typing this..

He was a terrific guy I'm sure, only married a short time too.

I'm sure it will be difficult for Mattie and I Pray she will feel God holding her, to comfort her loss.
We often wonder why these tragic things happen, even as Christians. But we must turn to God for comfort.

My sister's son died just after having finished seminary to Preach, She lived in Fayetteville, GA near where
you turn to go to Alan's Mom's Home (before she passed) They were devastated. Mattie Keep The Faith.

God Bless  and Especially give "Mattie" the comfort she needs, they were so Young.
God Bless All, in both Families and You are in My Prayers . Just so sad, Jerrie,  formally MS. Hometown
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:04:42 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: