Alan Jackson
April 16, 2024, 04:36:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: TOC March Man-ness VOTE! Update  (Read 16612 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 10:24:27 am »

Good news: Alan has beaten Garth Brooks. They're now down to eight artists to vote on for. Bad news: Alan is now up against George Strait and George is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of Alan. . . .OH, NO!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE ALL VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember, you can vote once every hour. VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://tasteofcountry.com/march-man-ness-regional-finals/

BHR

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 11:32:14 am »

been voting

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:23:13 pm »

COME ON ALAN JACKSON FAN'S AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Huh HE WRITES HIS OWN SONGS
AND IS REALLY A GREAT SINGER! HE HAS INFLUENCED SO MANY SINGERS!   WHY WOULD HE NOT GET IT? IS THERE A CLIQUE IN NASHVILLE Roll Eyes COME ON ALAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!************

Get your relatives to vote Fan's, anyone who likes Alan and his work . He has "WWY" in the Library of Congress and has performed for Presidents! His History for Country Music is awesome!

I think I read that when a Singer wins an Award for his Songwriting,( Alan Has) he/she must wait a while before being inducted into THE HALL OF FAME. I hope Alan gets this soon , he has certainly earned it.
Alan puts a part of himself in his music, It's a Gift. I think he compares w/some of the Best! Kiss
BHR  do You know about this  waiting period for The Hall Of Fame, for sure? Alan is young but I want him to know how we Treasure him. Nashville has a Star living there! Give him his long due induction,,,,,
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:21:02 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 02:22:34 pm »

I am voting every hour....George Strait has big lead over Alan...All Alan fans, vote, vote, vote!  Alan Jackson is the greatest!!!   VOTE!!!  Every hour, if possible!!!
Alanfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 05:46:10 pm »

I feel there has always been a clique in Nashville and that Alan has always come out on the bottom end of things.  He is by FAR the most talented and is not even in the Hall of Fame yet (Singer/Songwriters only).  George Strait is not that much greater at all and I feel he's less - just makes sure he's out there seen all the time and makes sure his son keep writing songs for him.

Not to downgrade George, but come on folks.  Alan is not exactly a slouch!!!!
He has a God-given talent to do anything involving music and is also one of the kindest persons I ever heard of for giving of himself to charities and needy people.

I was up all nights voting for the last madness thing but he's losing big time here. 

He won't win but at least I won't feel I didn't do my part for him.  He has surely done much for me - way over and above the call of an artist.  Notice you never see him anymore on CMT or GAC?Huh??  Why?

ALANFAN
Music44

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 07:33:03 pm »

Alanfan....thanks for sharing what you feel.

I've noticed some of the same observations you have made and it disappoints me.  Alan Jackson deserves better.  His music has helped many people.  He is his own man and stands up for what he believes !    I, personally, am going to keep voting and do what I can to help him in this contest with George Strait!  Wish all his fans would do the same!

Music44
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 08:40:49 pm »

Music44 & Alanfan, just my opinion here, but, I think, along with his well known history with the ACM/CMA organizations, Alan's chosen way in getting on with his own career by writing and just sometimes co-writing his own songs to perform and record and of which he also had always placed the priority in appearing in his own albums made Alan not very popular to some of Nashville's music industry folks. . . .professional songwriters, most especially. They have this mentality that country music artists, specially those who are just starting or at the early stage of their careers, should always resort to these professional songwriters to help them write or come up with songs to record in their albums, thus, giving the said songwriters their business. The problem with that now, and the last 10-20 years, is these artists has gotten smart in that, why not write their own songs and keep the money for themselves that otherwise would have gone to the songwriters themselves. Add to that the trend that has been going on for at least the last 10 years, a lot of country artists who have been around for number of years, like Alan, also have started their own independent record label. Alan is one them. While maybe not much of a competition to the major record labels, but, still, the independent record labels are taking a big portion of the business away from them in a sense. So, between his independently writing his own songs, having an independent record label where he's now recording his album under and his infamous history with the ACM/CMA organizations and add to that his stubborn ways of getting how he wants things done involving his career, it's understable, in a way, why Alan is seemingly getting passed on with every opportunity there is that he rightfully has earned and very well deserved to have gotten already, like the induction to the Country Music Hall of Fame. From what I've read from the few books I have relating to the history of Country Music, everyone involved in the  Country Music industry have special kinship with the professional songwriters and that it seems country music artists are somewhat expected to respect it by giving these said songwriters their business. They get frowned at otherwise, as Alan has been and seems to be still is. But, as they say, time has change, so we'll see what the future of Country Music brings.

Meanwhile, PLEASE continue VOTING for Alan, everyone!!!!

http://tasteofcountry.com/george-strait-vs-alan-jackson-2014-march-man-ness/

BHR

Music44

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 09:21:19 am »

BHR,
Appreciate and agree with the background "history" and possible reasons you have given for what we have observed in Nashville.
These things re AJ and how he manages his life and career plus his music are some of the reasons I respect him.....and, I think this is a reason he has many good , loyal supporters/Fans.   There seems to always be some form of "politics" in many areas of life. (and,I'm not talking about government politics!)   I hope Alan will continue to write, sing, and do his thing.....I am one  of his many fans who support him and will definitely keep voting!!!

And,  you're right...time brings change....we've seen it in the past... and we'll see what the future holds for Country Music!

Music44
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 07:34:24 pm »

Roll Eyes Huh  I AM VOTING REGULAR.

javascript:void(0);

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 08:07:31 pm »

Roll Eyes Huh  I AM VOTING REGULAR.

javascript:void(0);
Hello!Dizzy, I vote every hour and now I can see that Alan has gained some. Keep
up the Voting Fans! Shocked Yes! as Music 44 says"Vote every hour", Alan is gaining some..Let's do it for Alan!

Note that Alan had no problem passing "Garth" but it has took days for Strait to pass him.. Let's keep voting All Fans & he might just pass him. I vote every hour and Alan is gaining some.
Attn: Strait Fan's must have voted overnight, a huge difference now Shocked Huh
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:39:24 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

Music44

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 10:12:02 am »

Alan is very  slowly gaining some in the voting....Come on, Fans, vote every chance you get in the TOC March  Man-ness .....you can vote once every hour!   AJ's the Man!

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 09:15:12 pm »

Music44, you're welcome. Ditto to everything you said. And, yes, Alan is making a little gain in the vote counts. Been voting as many times as I can everyday. Let's all keep on voting and THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

BHR

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2014, 12:26:10 am »

I just voted for Alan!!!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 08:41:36 am »

I just voted for Alan!!!!!
Kimberly, Alan needs votes all day. there was a huge upvoting w/Strait last night. Cry

Music44

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 09:34:48 am »

Okay, Fans, Jeri is correct....AJ needs our voting ALL DAY.... keep voting every hour, if possible!!!   Alan is slowly moving up ...now over 37%.....I have my family and friends voting.....they love Alan, too.   
We like George, but AJ is the Man!!!

Music44

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: