Alan Jackson
April 18, 2024, 05:16:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ALAN TO PERFORM AT THE RYMAN MARCH 20th  (Read 19148 times)
AJFCPrez
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2013, 01:56:21 pm »

ALAN JACKSON TO PERFORM AT HISTORIC RYMAN AUDITORIUM ON MARCH 20

5TH ANNUAL “STARS GO BLUE” CONCERT TO BENEFIT COLON CANCER ALLIANCE’S BLUE NOTE FUND

NASHVILLE, Tenn.  (Jan. 14, 2013)  Country superstar Alan Jackson will headline the 5th Annual “Stars Go Blue” benefit on Wednesday, March 20 at the Ryman Auditorium in downtown Nashville. Jackson’s rare, intimate performance at this historic music venue will be hosted by the oldest and largest national colon cancer patient advocacy organization, the Colon Cancer Alliance (CCA). All proceeds from the concert will benefit the CCA’s Blue Note Fund, helping colon cancer patients in need, a program founded by Nashville’s own Grammy-nominated artist/producer Charlie Kelley. The CCA holds the “Stars Go Blue” concert annually in support of National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. During March, organizations across the nation will place an emphasis on educating the public about colon cancer prevention and detection.

In 2010, Alan’s wife Denise was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. “It knocked us both down. It was so hard to watch her go through that,” he recalls. “We were dating at 16 and 17, and I pretty much took care of her from that point on. But when it came to this, I felt like there wasn’t a thing I could do.”

“That rocked my world, as I’m sure it does every person who gets a cancer diagnosis,” she explains. “That really brought to my attention the CCA and what the organization does, and more specifically what the Blue Note Fund does for the Nashville area and the rest of the country as well.”

Tickets for “Stars Go Blue” go on sale Fri., Jan. 18 at 10:00am Central and can be purchased at all Ticketmaster locations, Ryman Box Office, www.ryman.com and by calling 800-745-3000.  Tickets are $75, $45 and $35.

Alan recently released a limited number of copies of his book Seasons of Sweetbriar – A Photographic Collection of Home by Alan Jackson. Seasons of Sweetbriar can be purchased through www.alanjackson.com for $25 or $50 for a book autographed by Alan, while supplies last. 100 percent of proceeds will be donated to the CCA’s Blue NoteFund.

BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 10:47:04 pm »

Thanks Cindy. Hope to see you there.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 03:41:28 am »

I would love to go!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 11:04:51 am »

I would love to go!
I got tickets , I just hope I did everything right. I can pick them up at "will call" I guess
Cindy, is it ok to order through the Fan Club? I hope I did it right. It said we could order today.

The tickets showed on my card , so that means we pick them up at "Will Call"! So happy! Thanks Cindy & Staff for all you do! Sharon glad you decided a way to go, I think I read that..I have nothing Blue to wear...I wear a pink ribbon for my sister usually.we will drive 12 hrs Yo! It is for a Great cause! Hope to see you guys there!
 Here is a few photos..not as clear as I would like but you can see Alan;we got close seats. YeeHaw!!!! Denise looked so sweet & really good.Her intro for Alan was sweet.http://s796.photobucket.com/user/LairdMs-2/media/AllForTheHall/DSC_0292.jpg.html?sort=2&o=25#/user/LairdMs-2/media/AllForTheHall/DSC_0249-1.jpg.html?sort=2&o=26&_suid=137602032344708580255382078259

http://s796.photobucket.com/user/LairdMs-2/media/AllForTheHall/DSC_0292.jpg.html?sort=2&o=25#/user/LairdMs-2/media/AllForTheHall/DSC_0249-1.jpg.html?sort=2&o=26&_suid=137602032344708580255382078259
oops this was for the Nashville Flood, It was a Great Concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excuse me, So Sorry; here are the ones from "The Blue Note Fund"..http://s796.photobucket.com/user/LairdMs-2/story/10067?evt=email_share

« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:53:37 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 03:57:31 pm »

I want to go too!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42:03 pm »

wish we could all go and wear red and be where he could see his supporters.
Hope someone goes from the fan club base and reports back.

Rcvd the lovely photo book today.   Huge Thanks to Alan for sharing
his memories of Sweetbriar and supporting this cause.
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 10:16:27 am »

I really messed up. I thought we had until midnight last night for the preferred seating. Now I am waiting for 10am CST to order through the Ryman.

Brenda in Indy
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 11:29:22 am »

I got online right at 10am CST and got Row U section 7. Not liking that as it was in the corner, I tried again, only to get REQUEST NOT AVAILABLE over and over. Then I got Balcony, far left upper. Tried to call and lines so busy, it said call back or get on automated. Yikes!

Brenda in Indy
milligan80

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 02:00:51 pm »

May be a silly question but how would i go about getting the preffered seating for a concert thats not listed on the tour dates yet but has been anounced?Huh im new and cannt seem to figure that out thanks! for any and all help!
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 01:02:07 am »

May be a silly question but how would i go about getting the preffered seating for a concert thats not listed on the tour dates yet but has been anounced?Huh im new and cannt seem to figure that out thanks! for any and all help!
   you can wait and see when it gets anounced on the tour page ,,  if preferred seat are available it well show on the tour page.      If tickets are on sale now but not on the tour page yet you maybe able to order tickets and get good seats.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2013, 02:52:51 pm »

This show is sold out except for VIP tickets @ $500 pp.  I have found some tickets on alternate sites but not sure if they are reputable or not.

Brenda in Indy
milligan80

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 01:04:56 pm »

you can wait and see when it gets anounced on the tour page ,,  if preferred seat are available it well show on the tour page.      If tickets are on sale now but not on the tour page yet you maybe able to order tickets and get good seats.
Thanks! its still not on the Tour dates but have VIP tickets just bought them threw the box office just wanted to make sure that I got some! thanks!
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:55 pm »

[seating for a concert thats not listed on the tour dates yet but has been anounced?Huh im new and cannt seem to figure that out thanks! for any and all help!

What concert are you referring to thats not on the tour page

Gone  Country    Arkansas
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 06:12:30 pm »

Tomorrow at this time we'll be anxiously awaiting for Alan and the Strayhorns!  Yee Haw !!!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 11:12:00 am »

YA'LL have a great time tonight. Think about me NOT being there, but sitting at home sulking. I hope they show it on TV in the future.

Brenda in Indy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: