Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 04:21:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Nashville's Meet and Greet  (Read 23955 times)
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2009, 11:52:44 pm »

We were lucky enough to be able to attend the Nashville Meet And Greet.  I went a little overboard on my purchases.  I bought the Remember When Collage, AJ Guitar T-shirt, 2010 Calendar, AJ's Cookbook, AJ's CD, AJ's Ladies Sunglasses and some Mints.  Lucky enough to be randomly chosen for the number 7 slot (Thanks to the AJ Fan Club). Alan was great, he signed my Remember When Collage and Tom had him sign the cookbook which will give to our daughter. You know I've waited 20 years just to meet him, have sooo many question and once you're face to face it's like my mind went blank!! I did ask a couple question and he gave me the answers I wanted to hear. Very Very exciting day!  We are blessed!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:57:29 pm by alotaboutlivin » Logged
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 07:56:45 am »

That was a special night....congratulations!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 08:41:19 am »

Thanks for sharing your experience - what a great memory for you!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 11:08:38 am »

Good for you!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience, it's really great!

AJ IS THE BEST
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 11:20:35 am »

alotaboutlivin    Are you taking about the Meet and Greet at the Cracker Barrel?   I was wondering if that went O.K. because the news I got was that Nashville was a mess because of alot of rain.  Congrats. on meeting him and all the great things you got.  I am so happy for you and enjoy what you bought.    Take Care  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 01:23:30 pm »

Congrats on the meet and greet, I'm sure it was fantastic.  I know what you mean about buying so much, I bought way too much when I went to the Mt. Juliet CB event...LOL

Livin' On Love in California
fanofalan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 04:20:47 pm »

It was so nice to meet you in Nashville on Tuesday.  It was a great day!  Just wondering if you had any trouble viewing your picture with Alan?  I've been trying to look at mine for two days and it won't go past page one.  My sister (Linda) was having the same problem.

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 07:08:48 pm »

alotaboutlivin, I may have been behind you in line, since I had #10, I think there were a few numbers missing between your number and mine.  I didn't buy as much this time (mostly small items)  since I bought more in Mt. Juliet.   I bought the men's red shirt in  M. J but will have to cut it off it's wayyyyyyyyyyy too long.  Terry you did purchase several items, I know you purchased more the next day.
I don't know where the news came from that it was raining in Nashville that day, it was a beautiful day and has been all week.
As far as seeing the pics, I happen to be lucky and pulled my up the next day and got a copy since then I can't get past the first page either. Never did see the one I had made in M. J.  Maybe because they had Terry and my pic on the Cracker Barrel web page.  Terry, missed you being there with me. Not as much fun when a person has to go alone, but to get to see A. J. I would do the same again!!!!

It was great to get to meet A. J. but I didn't get to say but a few words to him. I realize time is limited, there was a long line.  I talked to a young couple before we got in line they had ticket # 300.

"Gone Country"  From KY
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 08:24:49 pm »

Dot, you had to be right behind me and we probably talked. It was sooo much fun. I met the nicest sisters. Tom and I really enjoyed the CB Meet & Greet.  What was really cool is that I was standing with a AJ fan #6 and Tom was like number 208 and he ended up standing with her sister #209..  Now that's a great way to meet.. 
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 08:27:02 pm »

Fanofalan, I sent you a message on here. Check your messages..
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 08:27:20 pm »

Dot this is nelle I heard about the rain on the news, but it's O.K. now that I know it was sunny and warm there. I was just concerned about ALAN the FANS and the EVENT not getting ruined.      Thank you    Take Care    nelle  

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 08:54:40 pm »

Nelle,
It's okay, you know how news can be wrong sometimes.  I carried a jacket just in case it did rain. 

I would have been there rain, sleet, snow or whatever if possible.  I have been to outside concerts when it was raining, and last month when it was so cold we could hardly feel our feet. Then out in the hot sun waiting to get inside and blistered my feet on the bottom from the hot side walk. Yep, I had on shoes. So I suppose I'm just a crazy A. J. person but it's always worth whatever I go through to see him.

"Gone Country"  From KY
alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 09:17:21 pm »

Nelle, The weather was comfortable.  Would have love to have met you and I'm sure Alan missed you too.  It was a "Good Time"!
Peace
woodsued

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 11:38:13 am »

I cannot get photos from Nashville meet and greet Nov. 10.  Please, someone, help me.
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 02:11:53 pm »

Sounds like everyone had a Great time at this meet n greet too !!!  Glad the weather held out for everyone !!!  Glad to hear that Dot got to attend !!!!  She sure is a Huge AJ fan too !!! I have done many things to attend an AJ concert !!! We drove 100 miles at 3:00 in the morning and stood in line at 12 degrees for 6 hours just to buy AJ tickets !!!  Some of us would do just about anything for "THE MAN !!!" 

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: