Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 04:40:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan nominated for a Grammy  (Read 16994 times)
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:15:09 pm »

Bostonhonkytonk,,, if you listen to Country radio you will 'hear' what they consider Country music and it ain't Alan. I am heartsick to see 'age' playing a factor in who is chosen to dominate the airwaves on these stations.  Also, the drum-whacking is getting to be outrageous.  Once you listen for those whacks, you will not be able to ignore them.  I think there was a good reason behind the Opry not allowing drums for so many years... that is what I am thinking when I hear these happening so much these days.  And, I love the drums...just not so dominating.   

I listen more these days to Country Classic where at least they play his older songs...and have my precious CDs for keeping me in my own Country groove.

All of this said, I am Not giving up on voting for Alan's music whenever and wherever I can!!!

Also, someonnnne is not paying attention to the fact that they are killing Classic Country music for the future!
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 01:06:47 pm »

CONGRATS Alan and Adam!!!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 01:17:19 pm »

Bostonhonkytonk,,, if you listen to Country radio you will 'hear' what they consider Country music and it ain't Alan. I am heartsick to see 'age' playing a factor in who is chosen to dominate the airwaves on these stations.  Also, the drum-whacking is getting to be outrageous.  Once you listen for those whacks, you will not be able to ignore them.  I think there was a good reason behind the Opry not allowing drums for so many years... that is what I am thinking when I hear these happening so much these days.  And, I love the drums...just not so dominating.   

I listen more these days to Country Classic where at least they play his older songs...and have my precious CDs for keeping me in my own Country groove.

All of this said, I am Not giving up on voting for Alan's music whenever and wherever I can!!!

Also, someonnnne is not paying attention to the fact that they are killing Classic Country music for the future!

Mar, everything you've said is so true. Along with loud banging of the drums, I'm also troubled with the prominence of the use of electric guitars among the young (er) artists today. It seems like the acoustic guitars has all but gone the same path as the traditional country music. It's hard to listen to them anymore. Thank heavens for Alan, George Strait the Classic Country Music Radio and our personal collection of great traditional country music, we can still listen to REAL country music. . .and save our eardrums. :-)

BHR

Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 02:18:29 pm »

Congratulations to Alan, Adam and Jay.....I LOVE this song also.  Classic, Traditional Country.  Way to go Brad for speaking up for all of us true country fans. What an opportunity that must have been and we all know Alan feels the same way as his fans......And the Award Shows S U C K anymore. Unless Alan is on there I won't even watch...
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 09:54:44 pm »

Can't watch that really long Grammy Awards but I hope for a win for Adam, Alan & Jay.

The show is Feb 10th.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2013, 03:20:25 pm »

I'm a newish AJ fan.  Can someone tell me why they don't play him on the radio?  I heard him the other day here in Boston.  I had no idea this was happening.   Can't imagine.....

Some Stations play Alan more than others. we just have to keep requesting and out do the young ones who request a lot LOL . I love Alan's music and they seem to play him here at night more..maybe if we keep requesting they will note we really love his music & Voice.. I called my local DJ last night & he played "As She's Walking Away" for me with Zac Brown Band. Alan should record more with a younger person, perhaps this would help the requests part..I would love for Alan to do something with Zac Brown Band again. Love them too & Hunter Hayes

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:44 am »

YEE HAW....wonderful news.....congrats Alan and Adam and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Gwe
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:37 am »

Congrats to Alan and Adam..Good Luck!!

RAY
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 03:38:24 pm »

Hoping SYDHTLMA wins a Grammy. Then what we felt about the song will be validated. In fact just being nominated is a great thing. Sometimes it seems Country Radio does not know what really good country music is anymore. And then there's the youth factor too. Anytime Alan releases a single I will request it every day.

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 06:57:37 pm »

I have my clock radio set to a Boston Country station.  So much of the new country music doesn't even sound like country.  No pedal steel or fiddle, etc.   It's better than a lot of the really lousy music being played on mainstream music channels but when I was growing up we thought of country as being: Buck Owens, George Jones, Johnny Cash, etc.

For those of you who live in the Nashville area, you probably know about Jim Lauderdale.  He does a lot to preserve American Country music.  He's pretty wonderful, too.  He's also big on traditional Bluegrass.

Sorry - back on topic..... I got my fingers and toes crossed that Alan and his nephew win the Grammy.   It's a really nice song and Alan performs it to perfection.

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 06:15:31 pm »

I haven't heard the results of this.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 10:50:16 am »

I watched some of the show & we did not win but it really is an honor to be nominated.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: