Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 04:38:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan nominated for a Grammy  (Read 16993 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2012, 07:38:22 am »

Country Song

"Blown Away," Carrie Underwood
Songwriters: Josh Kear, Chris Tompkins

"Cost of Livin'," Ronnie Dunn
Songwriters: Phillip Coleman, Ronnie Dunn

"Even if It Breaks Your Heart," Eli Young Band
Songwriters: Will Hoge, Eric Paslay

"So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore," Alan Jackson********************************
Songwriters: Jay Knowles, Adam Wright

"Springsteen," Eric Church
Songwriters: Eric Church, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tyndell

This is so deserved & is a validation of great that song is.

I am so excited!

Of course the award will go to the songwriters but this is wonderful!

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:24:40 am »

Here's the full article from CMT:

Grammy Nominations: Hunter Hayes, Lumineers, Alabama Shakes on Best New Artist List
Mumford & Sons, Taylor Swift, Civil Wars Also Claim Multiple Nominations
December 6, 2012; Written by Calvin Gilbert
Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Photo Credit: Kevin Winter/Getty ImagesNominations went to most of the usual suspects, but Hunter Hayes, the Lumineers and Alabama Shakes are in the running for best new artist in the all-genre category at the 55th annual Grammy Awards.

Additionally, Mumford & Sons joined Frank Ocean, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Fun. and the Black Keys' Dan Auerbach as the top nominees with six nominations each.

The news was revealed Wednesday night (Dec. 5) during The Grammy Nominations Concert Live -- Countdown to Music's Biggest Night. Taylor Swift, who netted three nominations, and LL Cool J co-hosted the CBS special broadcast live from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena.

With Hayes representing mainstream country and Alabama Shakes and the Lumineers reflecting the growing Americana influence, the three are nominated in the new artist category with Frank Ocean and Fun. Hayes received two other nominations -- a country solo performance nod for "Wanted" and a country album mention for his self-titled major label debut. The Lumineers are also up for best Americana album for their self-titled release, and Alabama Shakes are nominated for best rock performance for "Hold On."

Mumford & Sons' Babel is nominated for all-genre album of the year and Americana album of the year. Their "I Will Wait" is up for best rock performance and best rock song. "Learn Me Right," a song featured in the film Brave, is among the nominees for best song written for visual media. And the band's involvement in the Big Easy Express film documentary is nominated for best long form video.

Swift is nominated for all-genre record of the year for "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." She and the Civil Wars are up for best country duo/group performance for "Safe & Sound." Swift, the Civil Wars' John Paul White and Joy Williams share a nomination with T Bone Burnett for best song written for visual media for "Safe & Sound," which is featured in the Hunger Games film soundtrack.

Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)" is nominated for record of the year and best pop solo performance. Clarkson's Stronger is among the best pop album nominees.

Eric Church's "Springsteen" and Ronnie Dunn's "Cost of Livin'" received two nominations each in the country solo performance and country song categories. Church wrote "Springsteen" with Jeff Hyde and Ryan Tyndell. Dunn co-wrote "Cost of Livin'" with Phillip Coleman.

Wednesday's concert marked the first time the Grammy nominations concert has been held in Nashville. As might be expected, the evening had an additional emphasis on country music with Dierks Bentley and The Band Perry performing the Johnny Cash-June Carter classic "Jackson," and Hayes singing segments of songs by the pop vocal album nominees he musically announced. Luke Bryan performed his hit, "I Don't Want This Night to End."

Sheryl Crow, Chris Young, Little Big Town and the Lumineers served as presenters on the show that included performances by Maroon 5, Ne-Yo and a collaboration between Janelle Monae and Fun. The Who, recipients of the Recording Academy's lifetime achievement award, performed "Won't Get Fooled Again" during a segment taped at the band's Sunday night concert in Nashville.

The Grammy Awards will be presented at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Feb. 10.

Here's a list of the country, Americana, folk and bluegrass nominees:

Country Solo Performance

"Home," Dierks Bentley

"Wanted," Hunter Hayes

"Over You," Blake Shelton

Country Duo/Group Performance

"Pontoon," Little Big Town

"Safe & Sound," Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars

"On the Outskirts of Town," the Time Jumpers

"I Just Come Here for the Music," Don Williams Featuring Alison Krauss

Country Song

Songwriters: Josh Kear, Chris Tompkins

Songwriters: Phillip Coleman, Ronnie Dunn

Songwriters: Will Hoge, Eric Paslay

"So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore," Alan Jackson

Country Album

Uncaged, Zac Brown Band

Hunter Hayes, Hunter Hayes

Living for a Song: A Tribute to Hank Cochran, Jamey Johnson

Four the Record, Miranda Lambert

The Time Jumpers, the Time Jumpers

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 09:10:43 am »

That is so wonderful.  It is an awesome song and totally deserves to win!  Thanks for posting
this.   SO happy you are posting again to get news to us!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:50:30 am »

WONDERFUL NEWS! Thanks, Harriet.

BHR

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 04:51:52 pm »

YEE HAW...  Fabulous news.   It has broken my heart that this song did not go up the charts like it deserved.
 So happy for Adam Wright to receive this recognition as well.     Loved the video also.   

susi67

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 12:43:21 am »

Great news ! Thanks Harriet.
I love that song.
Susanne

.....Swissgirl loves Alan.....
Alan, your voice and your songs bring the sun into my heart and a smile on my face !
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 09:26:39 am »

Great news !!! Thanks Harriet.
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:01 am »

So well deserved for both Alan & Adam. I hope they win it. I agree it should have topped the charts!!!

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:27:52 am »

So glad for The Wrights and Alan!  Thanks Harriet!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:16:16 pm »

YAAAAY!!!!!!!

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
bradbutner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 09:27:56 pm »

When Alan came to Cary, NC earlier this year... the local radio station came out on stage and acted like AJ was the best thing since sliced bread (which we all TRULY believe).  It aggravated me since they haven't played a new single of his since 2009 or so.  So when Alan started his acoustic set and introduced this song, I yelled, "Hey WQDR, if you love him so much why didn't you play this song?"  I said it loud enough for Alan, a few thousand fans, and most importantly the radio people to hear.  Caused quit a stir and even got me a tip of the hat from Alan as I sat on row 5!  This is a wonderful song and deserves a grammy to prove to the radioheads who dictate airplay from New York City that they screwed up on this one!  Brad in NC.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 09:54:19 pm »

When Alan came to Cary, NC earlier this year... the local radio station came out on stage and acted like AJ was the best thing since sliced bread (which we all TRULY believe).  It aggravated me since they haven't played a new single of his since 2009 or so.  So when Alan started his acoustic set and introduced this song, I yelled, "Hey WQDR, if you love him so much why didn't you play this song?"  I said it loud enough for Alan, a few thousand fans, and most importantly the radio people to hear.  Caused quit a stir and even got me a tip of the hat from Alan as I sat on row 5!  This is a wonderful song and deserves a grammy to prove to the radioheads who dictate airplay from New York City that they screwed up on this one!  Brad in NC.
  Wayyyyyyyyy to go BRAD! I get so tired that our Radio station I listen to, doesn't play Alan as
 much now. I request at two stations here! Let's keep it up, maybe the Stations will listen! Thanks! Jeri-MS
PS-Love this Song! Alan does all his Songs Great! That Voice keeps getting better & Better!
Congrats to Adam Wright & Jay Knowles for the Grammy Nomination! Go Guys!!!!!!!!!!! a Great Song!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 11:26:09 pm »

KUDOS BRAD.  I was so surprised when it was nominated for a Grammy, which is so deserving.   This is the song of the decade or two decades.  Beautifully written, sang with all of Alan's heart and a video of inspiration.   Those landmarks are not there any longer, I believe.   Will the radio people ever learn?   I doubt it.   Alan, Adam and Jay...this song will always carry a special place in my heart with Remember When.  Very special songs are few and far between.

Bostonhonkytonk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 08:34:46 pm »

I'm a newish AJ fan.  Can someone tell me why they don't play him on the radio?  I heard him the other day here in Boston.  I had no idea this was happening.   Can't imagine.....

I got a bug in my Margarita.....
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:51 pm »

"So You Don't Have to Love Me Anymore," Alan Jackson  <<<< Should Win for Country!!!

I predict though that this song wins...it is the 'state of Country music' these days:

However: Adam Wright can Now say he is a Grammy-nominated songwriter!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: