Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 06:34:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Jumping in for June  (Read 23808 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 01:32:29 pm »

Hello to all of you, my AJ Fan Friends!
Harriet, so glad you PT is working for you, God is good. Sorry I haven't been able to post, due to using my hands. Unfortunately my condition is lingering and from what the neurologist said, it will take time. If I had not gone to the Emergency room , when we did, I could have died.My throat was closing & blisters on back.
I had a severe Allergic reaction to an antibiotic i had taken for a bronical Infection. So I guess it will take time to see much results for me.It is so painful.I told my hubby it was stupid to be a grown woman & crying but the pain has been so bad. Say prayers for me & maybe hubby too, as he is having to do all my housework. He has been so good to me.
I was able to walk to my Grand daughters recent HS Graduation with two family members on each side helping me to my seat. She was so Happy and that was even in a drenching rain downtown, at the Performing Arts Theatre.I was so happy I was there, I cried when she got her Diploma.She got a special award in creative writing. Love her so much. a greal young Lady. she is taking something in the Medical field, after winning a scholarship to a University.So proud of her.
I so wanted to go to Alan's Nashville performance, but Dizzy So glad you two did. Lucky you , it had been awful rain here, so it's good you are there. Be careful & enjoy. Take care both of you, you are doing much better than I am recently.
Love Alan's Album, my sis sent me the link from online where I could hear Alan's wife's Song. It touched my sister as she had just been diagnosed with it at the same time.She loved the album, me too.I'm sure it is very difficult for anyone to go through andhit home with my Sister I'm sure.
 Alan's greatest Masterpiece will always be, for me;
"Where Were You", I love "Monday Morning Church" too.In MS this man yelled out for Alan to sing"Meat and Potato Man" when I was at my meet and greet concert.I had not heard this one but I looked it up, it's an older song. I hope Alan keeps doing some love Songs and Fun Songs too. Love all his work & the Strayhorns and miss seeing them recently, so very much.I hope all of you are well and I have to get off now, hands hurting. Love to all of you , my AJ Friends, Take Care and hugs to all. Harriet, get well now Lady, prayers for you. God Bless ourCountry at this time also, Hugs, Jerrie
Gwen, congrats on all the photos and writing in the Newsletter! It was great!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:39:41 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 02:00:10 pm »

Jeri, it is so good to hear from you. Thanks for taking time to post & so sorry about the terrible pain you are in. May God Bless You & Heal You.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 09:12:16 pm »

Jeri, I am crying for you after that beautiful letter. I am so sorry you are in such pain and yet you are happy for others that can go where you can't right now. I pray you get better real soon and can go and see ALAN and get a MEET & GREET.
Oh Jeri you are the nicest, kindest and loveable person.  GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND. HUGS & LOVE  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 11:17:51 pm »

Dear Jeri dear.........oh my you poor thing.  I had no idea what you were going through.  It sounds terrible.  I am sending a great BIG prayer out to you RIGHT NOW.  Also to your hubby for being so good to you but YOU DESERVE IT!  Hope you get those hands back to beautiful real soon.  Sending prayers, love and (((Hugs))) your way XO Take it easy sweetie!

Gwen
vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 07:06:38 am »

Hi everyone..I haven't been here in a while because we lost my brother-in-law in Feb and than my father-in-law in April..it was very hard on my wife and myself...I have missed reading the forums and being here..but I am back and just love Alan's new cd!! I am planning on seeing him Sept.30th in Mass. at the Big E..

Sending you hugs and well wishes Jeri...hope everyone is well...

RAY
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 02:24:18 pm »

Jerrie,Good to hear from you ... send prayers to you and hubby.
vamp, so sorry for your loss.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2012, 12:27:15 pm »

Jeri good to hear from you  take care.           Our hot and dry weather is back  just got a little rain last week not enough for anything.              No news here just hot weather.    Caught Alans Precious Memories  on GAC  last night.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2012, 05:12:14 am »

It has benn awhile since I have been on here.
Jeri,  My prayers are there for you that you will feel better soon and that you will get to see Alan soon.
Vamp, Sorry about your the loss of your father in law & brother in law.

I cannot believe it is the middle of June.  Time is sure moving fast.  The weather here in Canada is so humid.  It suppose to feel like 36C today.  Which is about 96F.  On Thurs they say we could feel like 40C (104F)  We don't have that happen in Canada very often.

I am not on here too often anymore.  That is because I work until 5pm.  By the time I have supper, clean up and do things around the house, I am too tired to get on here.  But I hope all is well with everyone.

Enjoying Alan's new CD.  Another great one by him.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2012, 01:07:37 pm »

Jeri so sorry to hear you have been in so
much pain.Saying prayer for you.happy your hubby
is helping you.
Ray so sorry for the loss of two familiy memebers.
My prayers go out to you and your wife.
Anita we sure could use some of your hot weather.
We have not been over 23.Rain and more rain is all
we are getting.Thankful they put sand bags out by
the creek that runs behind my place.
Went to my step granddaughters wedding on Saturday.
Had a wonderful time. The bride looked beautiful.Got
to spend time with my family.
Elaine

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2012, 03:44:30 pm »

Thank you everyone for the good thoughts and prayers..I am looking forward to seeing Alan in Sept. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the good people here in need of them..

RAY
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2012, 08:33:09 pm »

Elaine,  Sorry to hear you are not having the greatest weather.  Well, I usually love the heat, but it was very hot today. It felt like 40C today.  This would be too hot if it was everyday.  Why can't we have around 25C and without the humidity.  There is always a chance when you have hot weather like this, that you can get major storms. After yesterday's hot weather, around 5:30pm we had a storm go thru with a heavy rain.  It only lasted 15 minutes, but it was difficult seeing when I was driving home from work.  We are suppose to have one more day like this tomorrow and then back to normal temperatures.  I am glad because I am playing golf in the morning Friday. Then we have a wedding at 3pm.  My husband's brother is getting married.  Then we go back to someone's backyard and party.  It is an informal wedding.  They both were married before, therefore they just wanted a get together with family and a few friends.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »

I somehow just deleted my post so I'm back to try again.
It's been HOT, but cooling some over the next week and should be in the 70's next week.  Thanks goodness for AC.

Jeri - oh my, take care of yourself and hope you are feeling better soon.
Ray - so sorry to read about your losses.  Glad you are seeing Alan in concert - he will raise your spirits.

Stay cool everyone!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 01:48:57 pm »

Ray, so sorry about your losses & thinking of you.

Summer has come to Atlanta & it is hot here now.

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 03:01:24 pm »

Ray, so sorry about your losses & thinking of you.

Summer has come to Atlanta & it is hot here now.

Thank you so much and thank you Kathy..your kind words are so thoughtful!!

RAY
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 11:13:13 am »

Hello everybody, Everything oké in Belgium ... except the weather could be better! I love Alan's new cd ... very country !!!
Have a nice weekend my friends

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: