Alan Jackson
April 28, 2024, 02:55:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan made me the Happiest Girl In The Whole USA !!!  (Read 16276 times)
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2009, 10:29:52 pm »

Hello !!!

I just wanted to share my experience of getting to meet Alan at the Cracker Barrel in Mt. Juliet !!!  My husband and I were celebrating our 15th Wedding Anniversary and I had heard Alan was going to be doing a meet n greet in TN so I told Bill that that is what I wanted to do !!!  We drove from IL.  It was a 6 hour drive for us.  We decided to check the Cracker Barrel out the night before.  We got there about 8:00 p.m.  They were taking everything out of the building and loading it into trucks to make room for Alan inside !!!  We spotted Terry there.  We got to talk to her and got to meet Dot to.  She was such a nice person and a HUGE Alan Jackson fan too!!  We talked to Terry for a long time and ran into lots of nice people there.  Dot, Terry and I had our pictures taken with our Alan Jackson jackets !!!  It was so much fun !!! We went back to our motel and tried to get some sleep !!! Bill slept a few hours but I was a nervous wreck and was up all night !!!  We ended up going back there at 4:00 in the morning !!!  I just had to go back and see what was going on !!!  I wanted to get a rocking chair and have Alan sign it.  We talked to a lot of people from Cracker Barrel and they said they usually get 2 or 3 per store!!!  I wanted one bad so I knew we had to get in line early to get one !!!  We were the first ones in line to buy the items so we got the rocking chair and they said it would be inside so we wouldn't have to carry it in.  Alan's arrival was so neat. He pulled up in his car and walked up the red carpet. We were by the front door and Alan had to walk down the red carpet to get to the front door.  He spent a lot of time at the other end talking to the reporters.  He made his way to the door and he looked so good in his red shirt !!!  We were #37 & #38 so we had some time before we met him.  I was a NERVOUS WRECK !!!  I have met Denise and Mattie before but never Alan !!! I have been a fan for 20 years.  My stomach was feeling funny as we got close to the door !!!  My husband knew I was going to pass out !!!  We got in the door and I had 3 people in front of me.  I was looking ahead so I could see Alan and the guy asked what I had for Alan to sign.  I showed him my receipt and told him I had a rocking chair.  It was sitting right next to Alan. I was shaking !!!  Bill asked the guy that was checking the receipts what would happen if I passed out !!!!  He said that there were enough guys around to catch me!!!  We all laughed about it and I looked up and it was my turn !!!!!  I walked up and grabbed Alan's arm and he said Hi and he said, "You have the rocking chair?" I said, "Yes, it is my 15th Anniversary gift!!!"  He just smiled and told me to look ahead for a picture. The guys lifted the chair up for Alan to sign and he asked where I wanted it to signed at and I told him that I didn't care and he said, "what about right here?"  I told him that was fine.  He signed it and he reached for my hand and squeezed it and I told him Thank You and he just smiled !!!!  He really made my day !!!  I can't believe I got to meet Alan and get my chair signed !!  I sang I am the Happiest Gir In The Whole USA all the way home to IL !!!!  I had the BEST time of my life !!!  The whole experience was so nice!!! Everyone from the Cracker Barrel and Alan's workers were so nice and friendly !!!  It was so organized and everything went smoothly !!!  I have finally lived my dream THANKS TO ALAN !!!! 

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:53:19 pm »

What a great story, Carla.  Thanks for sharing it with us.  I am glad you got your chair signed and did not faint and miss everything!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:01:50 am »

Thanks for the review Carla. What a anniversary your husband give you!!!
Congrats whit the signed rocking chair and Happy Anniversary to you and Bill.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 07:18:27 am »

What a wonderful anniversary for you and your husband Carla.  So happy for you and glad you had such a nice time.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 07:41:00 am »

Thanks for writing a wonderful, descriptive story.   I could feel your excitement.  You will always remember your 15th wedding anniversary for sure!  Congratulations...the chair is so beautiful.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 09:26:23 am »

Thanks for sharing your story Carla.  I knew you were nervous and so excited about finally meeting Alan.  I'm so happy you got the rocking chair and got it signed.  It was a fun evening before and of course a great morning!!!  Good to see you again.

Livin' On Love in California
Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »

CARLA,

I'm so glad your so happy. Your experience sounds wonderful!!! Thank you f/such a great review!!!

L/~

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 09:15:37 pm »

I am so happy for you .I know how excited you were .I was excited too the first time i met him.
suem

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 10:58:05 pm »

What a sweet story Carla.  What a great hubby.  It'll be an anniversary you won't forget!

mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 12:17:12 pm »

Carla,
I am so glad that you and Bill have reached that 15th wedding anniv. milestone!
Happy belated Anniversary, you two! Wink

You are very fortunate to have Bill sharing these AJ experiences with you
and this has to rank at the top of your Bucket List, lady!!

Thanks for sharing the memories as they are very special and we other AJ fans
'know your anxiety' in this situation the other day at the CB with Alan!

That was very nice of you, too, to let AJ decide where he thought his signature
might look right.  You are probably going to be one of handful of folks who have
their special rocker signed, too. Wow!  Too bad all those Dolly Parton Cracker
Barrel rockers are probably sold ... so Bill won't have one of hers to rock in next
to you in your AJ version!

Now... is it going to be used inside or out?  I bet Inside, right?  LOL

Take care...
  Marilyn
okiejacksonfan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 12:05:28 am »

Yippeee!!  Congratulations!  How fun!  SO glad you didn't pass out and miss ALAN :-)

Nan
bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 02:10:12 pm »

Thank you so much, Carla, for the very descriptive experience of your time with Alan! Happy 15th Anniversary to you & Bill & how great that you were able to get AJ's rocker & also to get it signed by him! How thrilling for you! I guess all of us will never forget when we first met Alan up close! Sure is a powerful experience, isn't it!!! So glad for you!

Carol
Patti

patriciasellars
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 03:00:37 pm »

What a terrific story, I can not imagine the way you must have felt.

Congrats.

Patti

Patti   
Livin on Love in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 06:57:05 pm »

Thanks everyone for the nice responses to my letter !!!  I am still on Cloud 9 !!! I am still dreaming of being at the Cracker Barrel !!!  I just can't get off this "high" of FINALLY meeting Alan !!!  I have showed everyone the picture of us !!!  I still can't believe I met him !!! 

It was good to see you again too Terry !!! I loved the picture of you in your hat !!!

And yes Marilyn, the chair is inside !!! It is in my living room so I can sit and watch TV with my AJ throw !!!  I enjoy it every night !!! 

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 02:11:08 am »

Hey there Carla....I am so happy for you.  I know how you feel I had a meet and greet in Sept and I did not think I was going to make it.  In fact afterwards is when I sorta passed out a bit so  GOOD FOR YOU....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU AND YOUR HUBBY!  What a great story and an even better memory to have!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: