Alan Jackson
May 19, 2024, 09:30:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: November Thread- Come on in.  (Read 95801 times)
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2009, 05:38:04 pm »

Elaine, I have been enjoying your weather reports lately.  My son and dil are in the Calgary/Banff area this long weekend and we are getting to keep the grandkids (3 and 4)!  My dil is so excited about the snow she is seeing - being from Houston, she has not had the opportunity to see much!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2009, 09:32:03 pm »

Hello Friends. Still improving but having a hard time getting rid of the cough. It's very tiring but I really think there's slight improvement every day.
Today GA Tech beat Duke in College Football & we have won a berth in the ACC Championship game. We only lost 1 game this year & have one more game against U of Georgia Thanksgiving weekend. Now we are waiting to see who our opponent will be in the Championship Game.

Sharon- I think there's a good chance that we will bne playing Clemson for the ACC Title. Wouldn't that be something?

I want to thank all of you-Nelle, AJTexasfan, Jinx, Kathy,Elaine, Sue, JeanB, BHR, Sharon & Terry for all of your support & well wishes during my illness. I really feel your support; we have a great network of friends here.

Kathy- Good luck with your new boss.

BHR- I am so grateful for our troops.

Sue- hope things will slow down for you.

Elaine- glad the snow melted.

Love to All.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2009, 10:23:18 pm »

I would like to say Thank You, Thank You, to all of you Fans for your kindness and prayers.

My Dear mother passed away November 8, and we took time waiting for all family to drive and fly in. She recognized us when we went in the room, in fact I think she was waiting for us to get there. I held her head as she passed , telling her how much we love her. Very easy time with my sister and her husband there also. I am still in shock in a way, so I wont be posting much for a while. I just had to let you know and thanks so much for your prayers. Mother would have been 92 on her birthday in Dec, had she lived. she lived a true wonderful life with God and she is with him now forever..

The service was beautiful and I have never seen so many flowers and food. She looked so beautiful & peaceful. My daughter was one of the readers in the service, and the cousin that married my husband and me did the service and another pastor mother loved. we had a friend of my sisters,as singer, a saprano, such a beautiful peaceful voice. She did "Amazing Grace", mom's favorite, "Abide with me" and" The Lords prayer" and others. She was buried next to my Daddy in our Church Cemetery.

We met people we had not seen for thirty years maybe or twenty.It was a bit like a family reunion, only sad too. I have never seen so much food and flowers. We took her back to the Country Church we attended all our lives and it was so nice to see all the people. I just feel in shock a bit now, but I will be fine..I loved her so much. all my children were there , even the twins stayed
in an area during the service , where no one could hear them. All our family came that could. So lucky to have such a  sweet family.

I dreamed the night before that Alan had stopped and driven up to the country church and he was singing his "precious Memories"
wishfull thinking..

I have to tell you this, going home hubby asked me where I wanted to eat, so naturally I said "Cracker Barrel" he didn't know about the Alan Jackson collection yet . he found out as we saw first thing this beautiful layout of his things for sale.I managed to get about $100 worth of pretty things and will shop for the music box next. when I feel better. it was such a pretty layout, this was in Cullman, ALabama. The gentleman told me that Alan had just been to Alabama and the bus had stopped by there and Alan ate there I guess. He was excited and told ME all about Alan.. He said he also fishes with the group "Alabama."The mug is so pretty.I got a few things I wanted, we had so much clothes in our car for the funeral. I will definitely buy the music Box next, it plays "Remember When."
Alan's CD is wonderful, I listened to the CD and cried about Mother. It seemed that every time we turned the radio on, Alan was singing, it was like he was with us through all the hurt..
I will post later when I fee better. I love you all for thinking of us. she was a dear sweet mother all my Life..So kind.
Thanks for the thoughts and Prayers..to All you Fans.
God Bless you All, Jerrie aka Artsy-MS-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2009, 10:53:20 pm »

Jerrie, please accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of your dear mother. Thank you for letting us all know and continued prayers for guidance and strength for you. Kind thoughts and prayers for your family. Big Hug to you.

BHR

AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2009, 11:14:37 pm »

Dearest Artsy, my heart is with you.   Please take good care of yourself at this time and come back when you are ready.

Shanatri
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 11:35:09 pm by AJsTricia » Logged

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2009, 11:34:34 pm »

Artsy  so sorry to hear about you Mother she was sick for a long time . Will keep you in my prayers

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2009, 06:27:34 am »

HELLO  to EVERYONE !!

Jeri wrote:
"she lived a true wonderful life with God and she is with him now forever.."
Jeri,
Sorry to hear about your Mother. May the words you wrote be comfort to you.
Thought and prayers to you and your family.

I haven't been here in awhile and tried to catch-up  !! Yeah right  !!

Dot,
I'm happy for you !!    WOW.... and CONGRATULATIONS  !!!

Have a Great AJ Weekend....

OMGMA
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 08:29:17 am »

Jerrie, so sorry to hear about your Mother.  I will be keeping you in my prayers.

Sherry

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 09:00:07 am »

This is the first time I've been on the website in a few days.  Somehow Jeri, I had a feeling your mother had passed.  God bless you and your family.  My sincere condolences to you and your family.

I'm glad you had a chance to stop by Cracker Barrel on your way home.  I like the entire selection myself.  I bought a few things a couple weeks ago.

So loved the Clemson/NC State game yesterday. Go Tigers!  My granddaughter was at the game and those of you who are my friends on FB, I posted her picture on my profile.  Also liked the U of FL game against U of SC!  I am not a South Carolina fan even though it is my alma mater.  They played a tough game yesterday and my husband and I were a little worried, that they may beat the gators.  Liked the final score.  Harriet, you may be right about the ACC championship game.

I need to get ready for church, y'all have a wonderful Sunday.  We have sunny and warm temps, highs in the high 70's.  My kind of weather!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2009, 11:54:39 am »

Jeri, my deepest condolences and prayers for you and your family.  It's very hard losing a Mother, it will take a long time, I still miss mine and she's been gone since 95.

Livin' On Love in California
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2009, 01:12:13 pm »

JERI ~~~~~ My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.  In reading about your Mother's funeral brought tears to me eyes, but your comment of her having lived a true wonderful life with God is such a great comfort.  My Mother is 90 yrs. old and so ready for her eternal home, but the good Lord has other plans for her.  Take care and will remember you in my prayers.

Gladys
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 05:25:11 pm »

Jeri I am so sorry with all my heart and soul to hear about your MOTHER.  There are no words.  GOD bless you and your family. Your letter was so beautiful that I am crying.   Take Care    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2009, 05:28:23 pm »

Jeri, my heart goes out to you. You have my prayers & heartfelt condolences. You need time to get over this.

AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2009, 09:46:31 pm »

Jeri,  I'm very sad for your loss.  My condolences to you and your family.  I still miss my mom and always will. 
But I celebrate with you also in that our mothers are present with the Lord and we will see them again in eternity.

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2009, 02:28:58 am »

Jeri,  I am so sorry for the loss of your mother.  She sounded like a wonderful person.  I have to say you must be a lot like her.  You are so kind and friendly to everyone on this site.  I lost my my 12 years ago when she was 70.  It is a difficult thing but we all have to go through it.  It may not seem it, but you were very lucky to have had her for so many years.  God bless you and your family.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Please take it easy on yourself at this very difficult time and we will still be here waiting for you whenever you wish to return.  Love and prayers & (((Hugs))) to you.... Gwen
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: