Alan Jackson
May 08, 2024, 03:28:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: November Thread- Come on in.  (Read 95659 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 09:29:46 pm »

Hello Friends. Hope all of you going to Nashville have fun meeting Alan. I will be there in spirit.

Sharon- We live just West of I-75 so we take I-75 up through Chattanooga & get on I-40 & go through Knoxville & get off on State Route 66 which goes straight into Sevierville, Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg. There is a way to go through Maryville that looks shorter but takes longer because of a 2 lane winding road right at the edge of the mountains.
I am keeping your great niece in my thoughts & prayers & glad the twins are healthy.

Terry-Am feeling better but still have a congested sounding cough. Just hoping & praying my chest x-ray will be clear on Tuesday. Sounds like you are having a great time- good for you.

Elaine- I'm doing my best to think positive.

Hi Caz-are you still in school?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:32:14 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2009, 01:47:06 am »

Well, the company arrived.  Some complications though (isn't there always?)  Our niece in law's blood pressure was up so she had to go the ER and get some medication.  Rather than have some time Friday afternoon to show them around a little, we just stayed here in the house.  They all arrived (6 of 'em) around 3:00 pm and didn't want to eat anything because we were taking them out to the seafood restaurant.  My sister in law and niece both tasted some ham and hash brown casserole.  So I have my weekend meal already fixed!  LOL!  Ended up making hash brown casserole (similar to the one at CB if you have ever eaten it), green beans, and peach cobbler.  We did go eat and we are suppose to meet them for breakfast tomorrow morning.  Actually it is tomorrow.  I fell asleep in the living room when we got back from dinner and had just enough sleep to not be sleepy now.  Hope I'm able to get back to sleep in a while.

The new roof is on!  Jerry was glad it was finished before his family came over because he didn't want them to know we had just done it!  LOL!  I had never been in the house when they have replaced the shingles before.  Boy is that loud.  I expected one of the roofer to come through!  They didn't, thank goodness.

Elaine, enjoy Kelsey playing.  Nicole has try outs for the travel team either this weekend or next. 

Thanks for the concern for my great great nephews.  They are home from the hospital.  This kinda stretches the family since their mother is still in the hospital in ICU.  The new daddy is going back and forth and his parents and her parents are helping with the twins.  At least that's what I believe is going on.  I have long distance information as they live in S. FL. 

Harriet, hope you do go to TN.  Do y'all ever go up to Helen, GA or Dillard, GA?  I've only been to Dillard once, but liked the Dillard House and ride up.  It''s a nice day trip from me.

Terry, glad you arrived safely from LA!  Give my best to Nan and any of the fans  and of course the band too.

Y'all have a nice Saturday.  It's a little cool here.  I would prefer 70 deg weather.  The sun has been  shining so that is good.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2009, 09:37:37 am »

Saw the terrible attempt in Fort Hood on tv. All those young people died Huh

Jeri, my thoughs and prayers are with you and your mam.

Sharon, congrats on your new roof.

Harriet, our tennis youngster, Yanina Wickmayer, is suspend for one year by the Flemisch Belgian ligue, for not fill in 3 times her dopingcontrole "whereabouts". A administative matter ! Not for doping ! The whole country is indignant ! She''s thinking about to ask the US nationality. She's wright!
Hope you feel better. Good luck tuesday.

Terry, haven't you thinking about a trailer on your suburbon for all the AJ stuff ? lol.

Elaine, enjoy Kelsey's match. Hope she win.

Betty, Caz, Sue, ajthecatsmom, Nelle, Everybody reading ... have a nice weekend.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2009, 10:46:39 am »

JeanB  Thank you for remembering me in your post.  You have a nice weekend too.  Thank you for always voting.  We can count on you every time.          Take Care     nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2009, 12:53:00 pm »

HI FRIENDS, HOPE YOU HAVEN'T COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ME!  JUST RETURNED ON TUESDAY FROM A 10 DAY TRIP TO DOOR COUNTY WISCONSIN, VISITING A NIECE AND HER HUSBAND IN THEIR NEW HOME, THEY JUST RETIRED THERE FROM TEACHING SPECIAL ED. IN THE CHICAGO SUBURBS.  IT IS A BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL AREA, AND WAS A WARM, HEALING FEW DAYS. THEIR HOUSE IS IN A SECLUDED AREA, AS MOST HOMES ARE THERE, AND COULDN'T BE MORE PEACEFUL. iIT RAINED ALOT, BUT THAT WAS JUST FINE, RAIN IS A RARE COMMODITY IN ARIZ. SO I ENJOYED THE SOUND AND THE SMELL OF IT! YOU KNOW OF THE GRIEF OUR FAMILY HAS SUFFERED WITH THE SUICIDE OF THE ONLY SON OF ANOTHER OF MY NIECES. NATURE HAS SUCH SOOTHING GIFTS.  EVERY WINDOW HAS LOVELY VIEWS, AND LOTS AND LOTS OF BIRD FEEDERS, WILD TURKEYS STROLLING BY, AND EVEN A DEER WANDERING CLOSE. 
COULDN'T GET ON THE INTERNET FOR SOME MYSTERIOUS GLITCH OR OTHER, BUT TODAY I CONTACTED THE CABLE SERVICE AND THEY HAVE IT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN.  HAD 93 E-MAILS...90 OF THEM JUNK, AND LOTS OF REGULAR MAIL TO SORT THRU, DON'T THE CATALOGS POUR IN THIS TIME OF YEAR.  SEEMS A TERRIBLE WASTE OF PAPER TO ME.  I WILL TRY TO CATCH UP WITH ALL OF YOU IN THE NEXT DAYS, AFTER I FINALLY GET ALL THE LAUNDRY DONE..AND THE SUITCASE BACK WHERE IT BELONGS.  DO KEEP WELL AND WARM, AND BLESS YOU ALL FOR YOUR KIND WORDS

jean-az/allALANalways
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 02:35:15 pm »

Hi everyone,
Happy November to you all..
Like always I've got nothing to share, funny that I keep saying it though...
You all enjoy whatever it is you're doing!!!

AJ IS THE BEST
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2009, 09:44:44 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends!

Well, this is my first post this month. Nothing much going on here. Did get to have dinner at CB and bought a few items from AJ Collection including the CD. Yesterday (Friday) one of the 2 VA Clinics where my hubby works at here as a clinic manager had their grand opening ceremony. Hubby was interviewed by a reporter from our local newspaper. The article with his interview appeared in today's issue of the paper. He said he felt embarrassed. Don't know why. . .LOL!

JeanB, the Fort Hood shooting was horrific. Thirteen were killed and 30 wounded. I was glued on CNN all afternoon trying to make sense of what happened there. So sad. Go to www.cnn.com for updates on this incident.

Terry, been following your travels. Thanks for keeping us all updated throughout your travels and thanks too for the great reviews on all the concerts you attended. Enjoyed reading every one of them

Jerri, you, your Mom, and your whole family are in my continuous prayers.

Harriet, continued prayers for you too. Wish you all the best on Tuesday. Thanks for starting this month's thread.

Sharon, prayers as well for your great niece. What she's going through brought back memories of what I went through when I had our youngest. Had very serious complication too. Enjoy your new kitchen. That is sweet of your husband and son to do all that for you.

Jean-Az, welcome back!

Caz, good to see you posting.

Elaine, stay warm.

Hello Nelle (sorry to hear you had the flu), Jinx, Kimberly and everyone else I had amiss to mention. Take care all of you and HUGS.

BHR
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 09:46:39 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2009, 10:45:31 pm »

Hello to All. We are having our usual football weekend- College on Sat. & NFL on Sunday. Hubby really enjoys this sport. Today Ga Tech won making them 9 wins & 1 loss for the season. They have really been doing well. I have followed Ga Tech teams since the late 60's.
Have a positive attitude going into Tuesday's doctor visit & hoping for a good report.

BHR- I know you're proud of your hubby for his work on the VA Clinic.I hope you are feeling a lot better.

Jean-AZ- Glad to see you posting again. I think you needed that time in Door County to decompress aftr all the sadness.
I'm now in baseball withdrawal & suspect you are too.

JeanB- I also thought the suspension of your young tennis player to be too severe. I remember seeing her play in the US Open.
The events at Fort Hood are sad & hard to understand.

Sharon- Have been to Helen several times. Have not been to Dillard. But have heard about Dillard House & their good food. We will probably go to Pigeon Forge next week if my doctor gives me a good report Tuesday.

Prayers going up for Jeri & her family.

Hello to Terry, Nelle, Kimberly & all the rest of Alan's great fans.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2009, 10:53:51 am »

To BHR and some other great fan that have said they were sorry I had the flu.  That was not me it was Keely.  I am so sorry I should have said that right away so that all the well wishes went to you, Keely not me.  On the day I read it Keely and for some time after I didn't feel well and kept turning off the laptop.  Again I am sorry I didn't say that it was you not me that had the flu right away.  I hope you forgive me and that you are all better now.    Take Care    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2009, 01:56:14 pm »

My computer died last week - YUCK!  Had to buy a new hard drive - wasn't planning on that!  Merry Christmas to me!

I'm obviously way behind on everything.  Hope everyone is doing well.  It will take me a while to catch up!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2009, 12:01:27 am »

Hi y'all,
Loved the Clemson game last night!!!! We do love college football.

Our company came and went and we had a great visit.  Everything went well.  My allergies are giving me fits today.  I just hope I'm not coming down with something.  Took some allergy med and that helps.  I only take one since I have high B/P and it will last 8 hr instead of the 4 hr! 

Busy week ahead, but I'm taking it one day at a time.  I have a slew of bookkeeping waiting to be done tomorrow, but I don't go to work until Monday.  LOL! 

The time change has been hard for me this week.  It seems like it is getting better each day, slept a little later this morning. 

Sorry you had computer problems Kathy, glad it's fixed.  Mine has been acting up and I need to call the "wiz" to get some advice on cleaning all my junk out.  I won't even tell you how many emails I have in mine. 

Harriet, hope y'all do get to go to Pigeon Forge.  If I go, it's usually with friends because my husband doesn't like to travel that much.  If we meet family there, he will give in and go, but it is not his favorite thing to do. 

Jean/AZ, glad you're back and it sounds like you had a wonderful trip.  I've never been up to Door County, have friends that live up that way.  Don't think I've ever been to WI as a matter of fact! 

Jeri, thinking of you and your family.

The Ft. Hood killings were awful.  Thank goodness, they caught the man and not more soldiers were killed.  Senseless. 

Y'all have a good Monday!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2009, 12:38:47 am »

Sharon Kelsey is playing school volley ball
her city doesn't start until January.Glad all
went well with your company.
Jean was sorry to hear about your tennis player
I sure hope it all gets settled.
JeanAZ Happy to see you had a nice trip to the
door company.Sounds like such a relaxing place.
BHR how nice your hubby had his picture in the
paper.
Harriet hope you enjoyed your sports weekend.I
enjoyed watching the race today.
Nelle how is your weather? Here it has been cloudy
all day.
Kathy sorry your computer was down.I know I am
lost without mine.
Kelsey's school team came in third this weekend.
Kelsey had some great games.Last year they had
a Jr they helped and Kelsey's came to the tournament
with a really cute sign.I didn'thave a camera but Teresa
took some pictures.
Elaine

Keely

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2009, 02:55:57 pm »

Hi everyone, I am feeling much better now that I got over it!.  I had a very high fever from the flu. Keely

Keely
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2009, 03:04:36 pm »

Keely happy to see your over the flu.
Today has been cloudy and cool .Hoping
tomorrow will be nicer as I have to go out
and do some shopping.
Elaine

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2009, 06:10:38 pm »

Harriet   I wish you a good report TUES and DEC.14.  Most of all I wish that-

IN 2010 YOU ARE AS GOOD AS NEW.

THAT ALAN HAS A CONCERT RIGHT NEAR YOU.

THAT YOU WIN FRONT ROW SEATS & MEET & GREET TOO.

THAT ALAN SIGNS YOUR PINK COWBOY HAT EVEN THOUGH IT's NOT BLUE.  

Take Care & I had to add blue, pink didn't  rhyme  HUGS    nelle
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:06:05 pm by nelle » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: