Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 08:58:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Already March  (Read 22566 times)
HariAJFan

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:54:14 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends. Can't believe March is already here. Hope it brings some good numbers for Alan's new song.
I will be going next week to see my niece,who is a college music major, sing the lead in The Opera Carmen. Now I know that's a long way from Country Music but it's an opera I'm familiar with as my parents had it & played it when I was growing up. And I'm looking forward to seeing Abby perform. She has a beautiful voice. She is also the youngest of my nieces & nephews on my side of the family.
Hoping Elaine is recovering- have not heard from her in a long time.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:24:58 pm »

Harriet,
That is great Congrats to your neice & your getting to attend. That is great! I love Opera & the Opry lol. Like I have said before Mom always taught us to appreciate all Singers &/or  Music..My hubby loves the symphony.I'll admit I never liked Rap but thats is just me. The Blues and Jazz played a lot in MS.Living near Elvis, I was a Fan of his when real young.
Nice to have talent in the family.If your neice has the lead in carmen, she must be really talented.So happy for you.
 We have a Lot of Bach at our Church( Presbyterian)and ballets all done in white, so pretty.
My daughter used to sing in chorale in school & they once sang at the Opry and she met Sawyer Brown ha! She took Music in college, but pursued other ventures.She sang with a band a short time, won a trip for her and a friend (Girl)on the Royal Caribeaan to the Bahamas LOL.Now she's a mom and never tells her children. ha! She sang at my sister's wedding anniversary,Barbra Streisand's (sp?) song and she did great! She has to work now , a shame she can't use her gift more.
Enjoy Harriet! My hubby and I are both still not well & going to Drs a LOT! I hope I get well by May, to see Alan for sure.
Lordy! we have stage seating, could be hot..
Any of you in the path of the storms recently, take care now.we were to go to MS but delayed it & Dr Appnts too.
Take care all You Fans, Jerrie
PS Has ANYONE heard from Jean/AZ, I hope she is ok and not ill. She usually drops by more but she may be busy.
Jean/B, I was thinking like you about "having to maintain a Huge home" in the Alan's house post. most people we know are downsizing, even with great homes & hired help.Concerned here about Elaine as well, Bless her.edited
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:14:11 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:41:14 pm »

Jeri, it's my niece that is singing the lead in Carmen. She is only 19 & in her 2nd year of college. can't wait to hear her sing.

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »

happy march everybody. Thanks for starting Harriet and enjoy your niece in Carmen.
Jerrie, i hope you are both in good shape in May. There's not every week a Alan Jackson near you, isn't it ?
What's wrong with Elaine?
In Belgium everything is allright, so am i.

Have a great weekend my AJ Buddys

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

WOW - it's March already.  And it's coming in like a lion here.  It's been raining all day and now it's turning into snow.  We are supposed to get 5-7 inches of the white stuff.  yippee!   The funny thing is that they are predicting 65-70deg for the middle of next week.   Mother Nature sure is mixed up.
Hope everyone is safe (including the Jacksons) from the terrible storms hitting the southern states. 
Harriet, enjoy the opera with your niece in the lead - how exciting.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 08:43:04 pm »

happy march everybody. Thanks for starting Harriet and enjoy your niece in Carmen.
Jerrie, i hope you are both in good shape in May. There's not every week a Alan Jackson near you, isn't it ?
What's wrong with Elaine?
In Belgium everything is allright, so am i.

Have a great weekend my AJ Buddys

Jean

Jean, Elaine e-mailed me about a week ago & said she had the flu. Her granddaughter Kelsey e-mailed a couple of days later & said Elaine would not be able to e-mail or post on the board for awhile.

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 09:23:21 pm »

Hello, Everyone! YUP! March, indeed, came roaring in. Thoughts and prayers to all the victims of the stormy weather and tornadoes that has hit the South and the Midwest and everywhere else. Sending special thoughts to Marilyn nad Melanie who are both maybe residing near or close to the areas that were hit by tornado in Illinois and Alabama. Hope you both are reading this and let us know how you two and your families are doing. Georgia now have tornado warning in some parts and we are currently on tornado watch in our area.

Finally got back to doing workout at the gym with my hubby. He's in the bike/cycling class and enjoying it. I used to really enjoy going to the gym but kind of lost interest in it when they "mordernized" the excersize equipments. . .mostly not for people my size and a little difficult to adjust. So, now, I just do the threadmill and dumbells/free wieghts and it's no longer as much fun for me anymore as it used to be. We also do outdoors/mall walking excersize on weekends, when it's not rainy. Oh, and btw, I do my workout while listening to Alan's music. That's my favorite part. :-)

Harriet, thanks for starting the March thread. Time sure fly fast. . .too fast for me. Glad to hear you're continuing healing and doing well. Praying that you continue to heal and be completely well soon. Enjoy the opera show. Carmen is one of my favorite opera. . .the other is Aida. Congrats on your niece getting to play the lead character. I'm sure she'll do a wonderful and marvelous job of it.

Elaine, continued thoughts and prayers for your recovery. Get well soon.

Kathy, I have to agree with your sentiment. Mother Nature is definitely mixed up. We're now having temps in the 60s and it was in the low 70s for a bit yesterday too. But it's sure is windy here in our area today. The winter has certainly been weird and it feels like we already skipped spring and had gone on to summer.

Jerie, I hope and pray that you and your husband get well soon. I've been thinking and wondering about Jean-Az too. Hope she's doing fine. BTW, I read your post on the FLOWERS FUND? thread earlier today but it seems that you have removed it. I do understand about your not being able to give your address to anyone. I would like to also let you know that you're just as much a part of Alan's Angels as anyone here are and I've always have included your name on the list of Alan's Angels in the card that I've made for and sent to those that have been recipients of the flowers. Thanks for what you said about me. I'll take it as a complement. Take care of yourself.

Hello to everyone else. Take care all of you. . .and HUGS!

BHR

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 09:55:48 pm »

Yes I can't believe it is March already.  We had a very mild winter this year and hardly any snow., so far.   We aren't complaining here in Southern Ontario.  I hope everyone in the path of these terrible storms in the States are doing okay.  It is very windy at my house right now and rainy from those storms, but not strong enough to damaging anything.  Not yet anyways.

Elaine, Jeri & your husband, will get better soon.  Harriet, I hope you enjoy your nieces performance at Carmen.  I do enjoy opera sometimes.  My parents listened to it alot when we were younger, so I was brought up with it.  I like a variety of music.  Listening to the same kind of music all the time can get boring.  When I was younger, on the weekends mainly, we would listen to either  a Dutch, German, Italy, French or sometimes British radio stations.  Even though we might not of understood everything that was being said, their music was nice to listen too.  I even have CD's from artists that sing in those languages.  It brings back alot of fond memories.

On a sad note, I was shocked when I heard Davy Jones from The Monkees passed away the other day.  We listened to the Monkees alot when we were younger and Davy was my favorite.  My sister saw him two years ago at a music festival here in Ontario, Canada.  He still looks quite handsome at his age.

Take care all and talk to you soon.  Anita

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 10:32:18 pm »

Hope your all doing well.Will come back and read
all the posts I missed while away.
have been staying with Teresa since last Friday.
On Thursday morning (Feb 23) I woke up with pain
in my left side.Teresa took me to the hospital at
7 in the morning.I was there until about 2 then they
took me by ambulance to Kamloops.A two hr drive
from here. Around 5:30 they operated and lasered
the stone which was about 1/2 inch big.The next day the
only way the Dr would let me come home was if I stayed
with Teresa.Feeling good but still have the stint until
this coming Friday.Glad to have it all over with.With me having
only one kidney it was scary.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 06:39:42 am »

Can't believe it is March already.
Elaine so good to see your post and that you feel well enough to get on the computer.  I'm glad Teresa and family are taking such good care of you. 
We had some tornado watches all night Friday, thank goodness, no bad weather here.  For those of you who were effected, you're in my prayers.
Just heard about the Columbus, GA show.  I hope to go.  It isn't toooo far away, about 4 hrs.
Harriet, that's great about your niece.  Wow the lead in Carmen.  Love that opera. 
Hello to the rest of you, JeanB, Anita, Jeri, and anyone else I missed.  Got to get busy around here.....

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 12:17:47 pm »

Jerie, I hope and pray that you and your husband get well soon. I've been thinking and wondering about Jean-Az too. Hope she's doing fine. BTW, I read your post on the FLOWERS FUND? thread earlier today but it seems that you have removed it. I do understand about your not being able to give your address to anyone. I would like to also let you know that you're just as much a part of Alan's Angels as anyone here are and I've always have included your name on the list of Alan's Angels in the card that I've made for and sent to those that have been recipients of the flowers. Thanks for what you said about me. I'll take it as a complement. Take care of yourself.
Hello to everyone else. Take care all of you. . .and HUGS!
BHR

BHR, Thank You so much for your kind words. Since my husband retired & Before, we have had so much on our plate that it boggles the mind. I just want to be here for him & enjoy all we can. I have a feeling a lot of you are younger than us.
I'm sure that all of you have your problems also, but with My hubby's health issues & my asthma, I don't even post as much recently.I do vote however. we have family here to help out at times also, so we just feel a bit stressed, after the last five years.I Thank you for all you said, I feel much better. You are a dear lady that I trust and admire for doing this.
This says so much about you and your kindness. Thank so much for responding and being so caring.

BHR, I read where you are working out, that is what we need, but it will be awhile for us. My sis & her hubby joined a medical workout and they tell them exactly what they need for with their ailments. Diabetics have to go to the Dr so much, My husband said to keep everything well, we spend his retirement at the Drs office. He still has his good sense of humor  and that helps.My sis is older than I am but she has more energy than I. ha!
I thought of you sharon and all those in the storm's path, it did nothing much here, but we had a tornado watch. so much
tragedy, I called my children @ Nashville & they were mostly getting rain and high winds.Harriet was GA ok where you live?I was wondering about Melanis & Marylyn also, although, i do not know them well except on here. I hope all of you are fine, such a bad storm.
Love all you AJ Fans, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 12:55:35 pm »

Hope your all doing well.Will come back and read
all the posts I missed while away.
have been staying with Teresa since last Friday.
On Thursday morning (Feb 23) I woke up with pain
in my left side.Teresa took me to the hospital at
7 in the morning.I was there until about 2 then they
took me by ambulance to Kamloops.A two hr drive
from here. Around 5:30 they operated and lasered
the stone which was about 1/2 inch big.The next day the
only way the Dr would let me come home was if I stayed
with Teresa.Feeling good but still have the stint until
this coming Friday.Glad to have it all over with.With me having
only one kidney it was scary.
Elaine

Hello, Elaine. So glad you are OK. I'm so relieved & glad you got the treatment you needed.Welcome back.

Jeri- You are right. I had great health except for a couple of broken bones in 2004 then I retired in 2005 & things started happening healthwise. Have spent so much time in doctor & dental offices. I guess it's a good thing for your hubby & a good thing for me that we retired when we did. I sure hope both of you are improving & feeling better.

BHR- Glad to hear you are getting needed medical attention & plan to exercise. Just a little bit of exercise, like 20 min 3 times a week, will help you. I hope to resume exercise after this broken shoulder heals.

Sharon- looks like the weather we had in GA moved right across to you in SC. It was scary for awhile but we were lucky again. The county right next to us had a lot of damage. We hunkered down in the basement until the worst of to blew over.

Anita- This is the mildest winter that I can imagine. And yet in Beirut, Lebanon wher my hubby grew up it is freezing cold with snow. Makes no sense.

JeanB- I have heard the weather in Europe has also been very cold & we didn't really even have a winter- I hope nothing is in store for us in March but I would sure rather have cold weather than thnderstorms & tornadoes.

Best wishes to all of you. Please vote on the voting thread for SYDHTLMA. Spins are dropping again. Except for Elaine- you take it easy & don't worry about voting.
Love to All.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 10:16:06 am »

I'm on my way to do some errands, but thought I would check in here first. 

It was cold this a.m., but warming up.  I had left the furnace on and glad I did!  It was 31 this morning.  Of course, pear trees are budded out and the forsythia.  Hope the cold doesn't hurt them.

I heard this morning that further out from me, a couple had goats tied up and coyotes got one of them.  Or they think it's coyotes.  They are becoming a problem here in the upstate.  Don't know who brought them in, because I don't believe the coyotes are native to this area.  Poor goats were just stuck there and the owner was not at home.

BHR, good for you and getting back to exercise.  Oh I need to so bad.  Walking to the mailbox twice a day and bowling once a week isn't gonna cut it!  I need to really get serious.  BTW, bowled a 202 last Thursday!  Did I tell y'all already.  Haven't had a 200 in a few years!

Okay, I'm off to do those errands.  Have a good Tuesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 01:03:02 am »

Getting some rain  but no storms.          Weather is turning back cool for a few days with the rain.     All are fine here.    Hope to be able to go to a few  Alan  concerts.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 03:46:15 pm »

Elaine, glad to hear you are oké.It must be very painfull!
Harriet, i saw the tornadoes on the news. Is it every year the same in the Southern and Midwest States or have you tornadoes in the whole country?
The weather in Belgium is turning  to Spring, next week i start working in the garden.
This morning i got a call of my Ford garage ... my new car has arrived. I can pick him up from the end of the week. Can't wait ....
have a nice weekend everybody ...

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: