Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 10:49:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Already March  (Read 22567 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 02:57:13 pm »

Jean glad your getting spring weather. Congrats
on your new ford. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!
It has been raining the last two days. Now I would like
to see some sun.The stent is out and I am feeling really
good. Will have to go for tests in two weeks. The Dr wants
to see if he can figure out what caused the stone.
Elaine

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 06:46:47 am »

Hello everyone......
Wow what a wonderful March day we had here in Southwestern Ontario.  Just beautiful.  It supposed to be mild all week.  I have found some lumps in my breast (where I don't have one since 13 years) they think it is scar tissue but want me to go for a biopsy March 27 so cross your fingers for me please.  Thinking and praying for all who needs it.  Lately it seems alot are sick and too many are dying.  Well enough of that cheery topic at least I can say I will be seeing "our" Alan next month.....YEE HAW.  Everyone please stay safe!!!!!

Gwen
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 12:26:07 pm »

Gwen I will be praying for you.
Glad your having nice weather.
I can't wait for the sun to shine
here.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »

Thank you all for your encouragments and advices in regards to my going back to doing workouts/exercises to try and lower my bad cholesterol level that has gone up another notch. . .not good. . .and keep my blood pressure down a bit. Been checking my BP and I'm doing good. We'll be having another lab test done the second week of June and I'll find out then how my cholesterol is doing. It hopefully, is down some by then.

Elaine, good to see you back here. Glad to hear you're doing better, though, OUCH! I have a pretty good idea of the pain you went through. I had a friend years back who eventually had a kidney transplant after having had kidney stones surgically removed only to have both her kidneys fail couple of years later. You take care of yourself and continued prayers for your full recovery.

Gwen, sorry to hear about the lumps in your breast. Hopefully, they're just scar tissues. I have just included you in the March monthly prayers thread. Thoughts and prayers sent your way.

Jerie, you're very welcome and I meant every word I said. My husband is at the early stage of diabetes. . .diabetes runs in his family. . .and is on medication to help stabilize (sp?) his blood sugar level. It's quite a challenge for me sometimes fixing our meals but I'm getting the hang of it. We both have to be careful now with what we eat or drink.

Harriet, it boggles my mind too how SYDHTLMA is losing spins again and the country radio stations doesn't seem to be really putting a whole lot of interest in it. Too country. . .again? Still voting too.

Sharon, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it at Alan's concert in Columbus, GA. You will be miss there by everyone here who will be there, I'm sure.

Hello to everyone else. . .Kathy, JeanB, Marilyn, Dizzie, Jinx, Jean-Az (miss you here at the forum), Sue and everyone else I've missed.

Take care all and have a great rest of the week. HUGS.

BHR
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:47:31 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »

We are having warm, warm weather here.  Big thunderstorms this morning, but the sun is out now and it's in the high 50's.  Supposed to maybe reach 78 on Wednesday - very strange. 

Gwen, hope the tests reveal only scar tissue - sending positive thoughts your way.

BHR - I exercise to Jane Fonda's new DVD's.  She has put out several over the last couple of years that are aimed to the more mature crowd (she is 72).  I'm exercising to the called 'Walk Out' and it has 2 low impact aerobic workouts - I love it.  It really helps me move better with my arthritic hips.  I just got a new one that I haven't started yet called 'Firm & Burn' - it has 3 low impact aerobic workouts plus a bonus meditation routine. 

Elaine, happy to see you back posting.  Also sending positive thoughts your way.

It doesn't look like I will be making an Alan concert again this year.  He is not playing anywhere close to me - although I always hold out hope.

Take care everyone!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 07:39:56 pm »

BHR.....I am hitting the quote but it is not working re your hubby in the early stages of diabetes.  I have had it for 10 years now.  I am on the insulin also so any questions....send them my way.  I most likely have been through it all.  Good luck to you both.

Gwen
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 12:05:51 pm »

Hopefully everyone who has been sick is doing much better by now. My husband is a diabetic too, feel sorry for the people who has it. But is could be something worse.

I haven't been on lately,  left Feb 23 to go to CA and Vegas, just got back March 8th.  My daughter still loves the Osmond Brothers, we went to their concerts two nights in Vegas. I like them too. But I really love going to Vegas, seems we go just about every year now. Terri, I thought about you as we were driving past where you live, I never have time to stop, since we are in a rental car. 

Just wish A. J. would have a concert close by, guess if I could go to Vegas I could drive a far distance to see him. lol
Maybe before the year is gone I will get to see him...

Everyone take care and get well soon.

"Gone Country"  From KY
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 02:28:09 pm »

BHR - I exercise to Jane Fonda's new DVD's.  She has put out several over the last couple of years that are aimed to the more mature crowd (she is 72).  I'm exercising to the called 'Walk Out' and it has 2 low impact aerobic workouts - I love it.  It really helps me move better with my arthritic hips.  I just got a new one that I haven't started yet called 'Firm & Burn' - it has 3 low impact aerobic workouts plus a bonus meditation routine. 

Kathy, thanks for the suggestion, re: Jane Fonda DVDs. I'll check them out and give them a try. It should work for me too. Appreciate it.

BHR.....I am hitting the quote but it is not working re your hubby in the early stages of diabetes.  I have had it for 10 years now.  I am on the insulin also so any questions....send them my way.  I most likely have been through it all.  Good luck to you both. Gwen

Gwen, thanks for the offer. I have no questions. . .or maybe jsut don't know what rightfully to ask. . .right now but do know I have a lot more to learn and know about diabetes to be of help to my husband. I'll keep that in mind, though and thanks too for the good luck wishes. I appreciate both.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 04:43:49 pm »

Remember all of you on twitter, please vote for Alan on the Radio station Polls. Station KILT has one & others
I have voted on many..

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 05:47:04 pm »

Thanks Kathy. Am feeling good now. Going
in two weeks for tests.my new kidney Dr is
going to try and figure out what casues the
stones.I just pray he will come up with something
that will help. I have been told two differnt things
and have followed the diet so closley. My Dr does
tests every three months and nothing showed up.
BHR once you get use to what he can eat. It isn't to
hard to keep the levels down. I have stage 2 so don't
need meds ,just need to stay away from sweets.Sugar
is in so many things that you wouldn't even think had
it.Carrots and turnips are two things that are high in
sugar.
You all have a good day and stay healthy.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2012, 11:45:45 am »

Hello Friends. I had a wonderful time Sat. night seeing my niece play the lead in the opera Carmen. She did a great job & was the star of the show. She pulled off the singing & acting skills very well & it was such a joy to see her succeed.
Am progressing on the healing of my broken left shoulder. Having truoble with pain lying down but feels much better when I sit up. I finally had to sleep in a chair last night.

Gwen- Hope & pray your biopsy is negative. Good vibes coming your way.

Elaine- Hope they find out what causes the stones & glad you are feeling better.

Hi Jeri. I don't do twitter but hope Alan wins.

Sharon- we have problems here with coyotes too. They are killing people's cats.

Dee- Hope you get to go to a concert.

Jean, in our country there are a lot of tornadoes in the Midwest which is called Tornado Alley. These are the states in the middle of the country like Oklahoma & Missouri. We also have good many in the Southeast where I live.

BHR- Can't figure out radio to save my life. Alan's song is such a great one- looks like they would be glad to play it.

Kathy- Saw on the weather report that the jet stream is very high this year keeping the cold weather far to the North.

Dot- Glad you enjoyed your time in Vegas.

Looks like Spring here with azaleas blooming & also pear trees. The tree pollen is very high.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 01:24:30 pm »

Harriet sorry you are having trouble sleeping
at night.So happy for you that you got to
see your niece acting and singing.She is a
beautiful looking girl.
Got up to it sowingthis morning. Thank goodness
it is to warm for it to stay.Went shopping while
Jess did my vacuuming for me.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 08:37:57 am »

Just wanted to stop by and say HI!  We are having beautiful (warm, even hot) weather here in SC.  I am not complaining I love it!
I got a chance to go to an Extraordinary Women's Conference this past weekend and heard some great music and speakers.  The last to speak was Sarah Palin.  Her husband and one of the children were with her, but I didn't get to see them even though they did show them in the audience.  All of the speakers were good.

My allergies are really acting up.  Of course, our cars, driveway, and everything else is yellow/green from the pollen.  I'll have to vacuum today and keep it at bay!

Caught the last hour of DWS!  Wow, the dancers were all good!

Thinking of you Gwen and pray the biopsy is negative. 

Y'all have a good Tuesday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 12:58:52 pm »

Sharon not looking forward to the pollen. Likeyou
my allergies get so bad.Was surpirsed to see how
well all the dancers did on Monday night.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 01:23:30 pm »

Setting all kinds of temperature records in this area - it was 85 yesterday when I was out.  Almost turned the AC on in the house, but I resisted.  Hot again today, but love having all the windows open and the sunshine!

DWTS was amazing on Monday night.  Everyone was so good - never see 9's scored on the first night.  This is will be an exciting season. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: