Alan Jackson
April 29, 2024, 01:36:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: THE ALAN JACKSON COLLECTION  (Read 44276 times)
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 12:16:42 pm »

Thanks for the links Terry and JeanB.    It seems like everyone got nice things. I will have to go on line to get some things. There is no Cracker Barrel near me.  Lots of fun.   Take Care   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Melanie

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2009, 04:37:19 pm »

OMGoshhhhh.....GONE CRAZY is my favorite song....!! I'll hit the back button a 1000 times
Though I have it on other albums, glad it's on this one......too along w/a few more heartacheyyyyy songs!!!

Headed to B'ham on Fri., so I'll pick it up on my way back...will pass 2-3 C.b.'s!
Thank you so much Aj f/a great song collection!!!

livin' down home...BUT STILL LOVE THE CRIMSON TIDE                     
 "I LOVE MY BLOODHOUND"
                          ~Roll Tide~
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 12:59:10 pm »

I can't figure out why they say there are 2 new songs on the CB album of
Alan's.

Track 11 is Gene Watson's song: "That's What I'd Be Like Without You"

which I am familiar with Gene singing...but it also is one so wonderful to hear
Alan singing. MMmmmmm
He sd he had recorded this song for his Under the Influence album (in '99)..but 
then didn't use it on that album.

I could not find the lyrics online..
                      ~~~~~~~~~

Track 12 is "Nothing Sure Looked Good on You"
from Alan's What I Do [2004] album
It is so GREAT hearing Alan singing traditional lyrics like these!
He sings so effortlessly and I'm sure Gene Watson is Proud of his
including these two covers of his own songs.

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/g/genewatson8819/nothingsurelookedgoodonyou299384.html

Send “Nothing Sure Looked Good On You” Ringtone to Your Cell

Gene Watson - Nothing Sure Looked Good On You Lyrics
Album: Greatest Hits

You found your greener pastures in a mansion on the hill
With a flashy foreign car to drive and lots of time to kill
Now my mind keeps on remembering the days of me and you
But when we were down to nothing, nothin' sure looked good on you.
You said you needed simple things that I had plenty of
And through the days of dark and rain we could always live on love
With his style in life he lured you and you could not refuse
But when we were down to nothin', nothin' sure looked so good on you.
When you honeymooned in Paris it was carried on the news
And I heard you laughed your cares away on a Caribbean cruise
You were always one for dreamin' now your dreams can all come true
But when we were down to nothin',,, nothin' sure looked good on you

You said you needed simple things that I had plenty of
And through the days of dark and rain we could always live on love
With his style in life he lured you and you could not refuse
But when we were down to nothin', nothin' sure looked so good on you.

jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 01:04:58 pm »

I love those 2 songs.  That song isn't on Alan's "What I Do'" album.  He had planned on it but it wasn't
released on the album.   I read that somewhere and I checked my album.......which I didn't have to do
because I know every song on every album...LOL!!!!!!    Now we get to wait for the new single.......

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 01:15:39 pm »

Thanks, Jinx, for checking your CD and setting us straight!

Shame on me for believing what I read then!
I should have pulled out my own CD here...but I sure did think
I remembered the song as well as having read that online.

Truly, when I play this CB CD of Alan's I have to skip to those
last two tracks first and replay them a few times before I
settle into listening to the entire CD starting again with Track 1!
There is Nothing like hearing Alan sing (so effortlessly) a
traditional country song!!

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 01:23:17 pm »

Alan's.

Marilyn, I think what they meant is that these are two songs that Alan has not released on an album and therefore his fans had not heard him sang them, so, hence, they're new. Not new as in no artist has recorded/sang them before and therefore are fresh new songs. Thanks for the lyrics and the link, by the way. My first thought of those songs was that they're beautiful and I love them, but if Alan releases them as singles the radio will likely not play them and we'll all hear that same old song and dance again about them being too country.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2009, 01:35:21 pm »

Alan's.

Marilyn, I think what they meant is that these are two songs that Alan has not released on an album and therefore his fans had not heard him sang them, so, hence, they're new. Not new as in no artist has recorded/sang them before and therefore are fresh new songs. Thanks for the lyrics and the link, by the way. My first thought of those songs was that they're beautiful and I love them, but if Alan releases them as singles the radio will likely not play them and we'll all hear that same old song and dance again about them being too country.

BHR

You speak the truth, BHR.

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 02:21:19 pm »

I am going to Watertown, New York this weekend.  Leaving early Saturday morning.  My sister and I are going shopping there and I know there is a Cracker Barrel there.  We do not have any Cracker Barrels in Canada.  I will be buying his CD and the Throw for sure.  Maybe more of the merchandise when I see it. 

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2009, 11:02:12 pm »

Good luck Anita Martina.  I am from Canada too and have a friend in Pennsylvania and am going to figure out my list and she will pick it up and mail for me.  I want everything but thats not going to happen  and was wondering if those of you who already got your goodies could let me know what some of your favorites are as I will not see them in person only online to make my decision.  My hubby says I am allowed 100.00 for Alan stuff I said oh yeah I think we'll have to double that so I am planning on spending between 100-200.  Afterall it will be from Santa!  Let me know please what your faves are...........thanks YEE HAW!!!!!
Gwen   aka   ajthecatsmom!
January

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 08:02:12 am »

Gwen - I really think the candle is pretty and I like the mug - haven't used mine yet but it is nice and big  - I may get one of those for each of my granddaughters for their hot cocoa.  I bought the black T-shirt - that is a really hot picture of Mr Jackson and the throw is OK - not very soft but I haven't washed mine yet either - it is on the back of one of the rockers for show right now.  I didn't buy any of the little kitcheny stuff - the recipe for the BBQ sauce is in the cookbook and I really like Sweet Baby Ray's anyway lol.  The collage thing is really nice but at $99.00 I think a bit pricey.  The shirts are pretty and look to be a decent quality.  I don't wear hats but that also looks to be a decent quality.  I do like my rockers but will be glad when they can go on the porch - right now the manger is taking up the space they will use and I really don't know what I will do with them when my tree has to go up!   I looked at the jewelry but not closely - maybe someone will post about that.  Good Luck making your decsion and enjoy! .....Gayle

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 08:34:40 am »

I bought the CD of course and love the 4 Christmas ornaments.  So cute and nice quality.  I also bought
2 shirts.....a t-shirt and a long sleeved beige t-shirt but have to return them...too big.  I hope the smaller
size will work because the long sleeved shirt is fitted.  Everything is really nice!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 08:51:50 am »

Gwen I went to Cracker Barrel last week in Watertown.  I spent alot of time there.  I love that store and the food.  I bought the Throw.  I love it.  When I am watching TV, I wrap myself in it.  Also, I bought the leather memory box, CD, Barbeque Sauce and Mesquite Barbeque Rub and spearmints that are in a cowboy hat container.  I was going to buy the candle but I forgot too.  I like the cowboy hat, but I don't wear them.  Alot of people are buying the rocking chair.  I looks nice. It has Alan's signature on it and it is numbered on a plaque at the back of the chair.  They are only making about 1700 of them.

January

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 08:37:59 pm »

Anita - I am so glad your trip went well - would you like me to get a candle for you? I am headed to a Cracker Barrel tomorrow.....

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 11:14:53 pm »

That is so nice of you January.  But don't worry about it right now.  I have to watch my money for the next while.  But Thanks for offering.

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 03:10:23 am »

Thanks Anita, Gayle and Jinx47 for your ideas and suggestions for your goodies.  I still want everything oh I don't know.  I should just get my hubby to take me to the one near Buffalo.  It is only 3 hours from home. 

Anita you sound like you got along real good.  I am thinking of maybe going in a few weeks as I have a real sick cat  (not AJ) my other older one Reba and don't want to leave her right now!  Take care all you AJ fans!!!!

Gwen...aka...ajthecatsmom
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: