Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 11:53:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Maryville birthday concert  (Read 26014 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2009, 12:07:54 am »

We brave the heat, humidity, rain, wind, and freezing cold to see Alan.  Can't keep us AJ fans down!!!!!  I think we're just now defrosting...LOL  We got the hotel shuttle to take us and pick us up, so that was easy.

It was REALLY cold and sometimes a little windy, but Alan's birthday concert was great!!!  After Alan introduced the Stayhorns the radio station came out and mentioned it was his birthday and gave him a birthday cake made as an exact replica of his hat, it was really cool. Alan dipped his finger in the icing.  He thanked everyone for the Happy Birthday signs too.  Dot brought a beautiful Happy Birthday Alan sign that took 4 of us to hold up. 

The crowd was fairly reserved and hardly anyone stood up. Sharon, Dot and myself certainly did through most of the concert.  The couple in front of us was a blast and we had a great time with them.  They stood up a lot too.  Alan wore a black shirt with a gray western yoke.  The design looked like a snake print, very pretty.  Of course he had on those wonderful holey jeans too. He started with Gone Country and was on stage about an hour and forty minutes. Another amazing performance by Alan and the Stayhorns.  He giggled and pointed at us when we did the GOOD TIME signs the first time and pointed at each letter the second time.

There was a barrier near the stage so we knew there wasn't going to be any autographs. We talked to Monty for a few minutes after the concert.  

It was good to see Deb and Bill again too.  Next stop Baton Rouge, LA!!!!

PS, this review is a collaboration between Sharon, Dot, and myself.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 12:18:45 am by AJSCALIFFAN » Logged

Livin' On Love in California
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 01:31:29 am »

Thanks Terry, Dot and Sharon for the great review. I know Alan enjoyed all of his signs and his birthday cake, how cool! Glad you gals had such a good time and also with the couple in front of you. Dot that was some sign, hope you guys got a picture of it. Glad you made it though the cold OK.
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 05:19:36 am »

Thanks for the great review ladies !
It's always great to read the reviews when you can't be there !
Thanks a lot,

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 07:13:33 am »

Good Mornin' my friends

Terry, Dot and Sharon,

Thanks for the collaborative review ladies !!
Bless Alan's heart.....working out in the COLD and on his Birthday.

And bless his devoted fans....I was worried it would be COLD for you guys yesterday. This week's weather has been just awful and I know it has dipped far south. 
This time I was just there in spirit...warmer that way...LOL   
And you're so right about the weather extremes...  Last show HOT.......This show COLD

Did you get to give Alan his Big Birthday card ?

Hope this post finds you ladies all thawed out.

Everyone,
Have a Great AJ Day !!!

OMGMA
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:30:24 am »

Great reviews ladies!  I'm gad the cold weather didn't take away from Alan!  Maybe that's why
people didn't stand up....huddling together!  Sounds like Alan had a good birthday concert.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 09:11:51 am »

I do believe we have thawed out. 

Margie, yes I got the big birthday card to Alan.

Jinx, the guy in front of us told us before Alan came on that he didn't expect this crowd to stand up much if at all.  He's been coming to this festival for years and said they just don't stand up much.

Livin' On Love in California
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 10:50:17 am »

Terry, as I was reading your last comment Bill came in the room and asked if there were any updates
on the computer from you about the concert.  He loved hearing all the details...he gets a kick out
of all of us!  I guess no one sang "happy birthday"HuhHuh  Love the finger in the icing!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 10:53:38 am »

Hi Terry, DOT and Sharon     Thank you for the great review. It is a treat when your not there to hear about all  the fun and that it was a great concert. I am sorry it was so cold but glad you got the card to him, he got a Birthday cake and he had fun too. Take Care       nelle  

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 11:25:24 am »

Terry, Dot and Sharon,

Thanks for the review. I think that area has become rather reserve  but at least he had you ladies, Terry, Sharon & Dot for great support! Thanks for sharing about Alan's Birthday. The Hat Cake sounds great! So glad you had your Signs there and his reaction was great! That big card was a great idea too! You ladies hang in there and don't get pneumonia! I'm sure you didn't mind being cold & wet for Alan, I hope they had heaters for Alan on Stage.. His shirt sounds nice! I was hoping Denise might be there since it was near the weekend & close.

Terry did you note that not as many people stood the whole time in Hollywood also. They did dance etc.. but when he sang they sat and made me feel I should. They even sang along at times, but when WWY came on not many stood. I held my light the whole time and sat too, to not block others as I'm tall. St Augustine really had a blast watching Alan, when you look at the photos, you can see they were really into his music !

So glad you were there Terry & Ladies to represent our gang of Fans! Enjoy being together and thanks for a great review of Alan's Birthday Concert!
Take care traveling, Jerrie aka Artsy-FL-MS
PS- I enjoyed meeting Monty at St Augustine, so glad you got to talk to him. He is super nice! Like his CD!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:33:23 am by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 11:54:51 am »

WISH I COULD  HAVE BEEN THERE SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN
                                                  sOUNDS LIKE THE bIRTHDAY bOY WAS IN RARE  FORM/// dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
suem

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 12:44:09 pm »

Thanks for the review gals!!!!!!
Weather has been nasty for all us northerns too.
Glad you got to help Alan celebrate his birthday.   Enjoyed the bit about Alan dipping his finger into the icing for a taste!  Terry always works her magic.....glad you got the card to Alan.
Looking forward to the next reviews.  They always make me feel a tad sad I'm not there!  But happy to read them all.  Alan is so contagious....always wanting more.

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 02:13:58 pm »

Sorry it was so cold for you gals, but sure you were warm seeing Alan...and on his birthday.  What a treat.  No autographs, so sad, but sure Alan wanted to spend some of his birthday with his family.  We know Alan is always so generous with his autographs.   Sounded like a wonderful time and we appreciate your posting all of the events, since we could not be there in person.
Kudo fans.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 04:27:59 pm »

Thanks gals for the review on Alan's birthday
concert.Glad you gals had a good time in
spite of the cold weather.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 06:11:02 pm »

Thanks gals for the great review.  Sorry it was so cold, but worth it I'm sure!  So glad there was a cake for Alan's birthday and I'm sure he was happy to see you guys with the GOOD TIME signs. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 07:00:55 pm »

Sharon, Dot and Terry thanks for the great review.  So glad you were there for the Birthday concert and could tell us all about it!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: