Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 09:36:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: January 2012 Monthly Thread  (Read 41170 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2012, 08:08:52 am »

Harriet, so sorry about your fall.  Those middle of the night BR visits in the dark are dangerous!  Hope you'll heal quick and well.
My cataract surgery went very well.  My vision is great.  No glasses and I didn't have the corrective lenses, just basic cataract surgery.  Glad it is behind me.
A bowling friend invited me to go on a tour with her to Cape Cod in the fall.  I hope to go.  I've never been to New England.  My husband was not interested in going but said he didn't mind if I went. 
My granddaughter had plastic surgery done in Memphis yesterday.  This was a result of the auto accident a year ago.  The surgery went well and I hope this will be the last one she'll need.  She was fortunate she survived the accident. 
Gwen, I was hoping as I was reading about your New Year's that you had won.
Jeri, hope you and your hubby are feeling better and your respiratory problems heal up.
Dot, good to hear from you.
The kids gave me a Nook for Christmas, but I don't have wi-fi out here in the country.  So I bought a router for the computer.  Still haven't hooked it up or taken the Nook into a wi-fi area to load any books.  Our closest Barnes & Noble is 25 miles away.  The joys of living out in the country. 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2012, 05:00:41 pm »

The snow has arrived!  We are getting the storm they have been predicting today - 4-6" by tomorrow.  Not a huge storm comparatively, but since it's the first one around here for the winter, the news stations make it sound like the storm of the century!  LOL  I'm sure those reporters miss standing out in the middle of a snowstorm to let everyone know it's snowing.

I've stayed inside today and like watching it out my window. 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2012, 09:32:15 pm »

Hi everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR again to all.
BHR, Thank you for starting the JAN. Thread. I am so sorry you and your husband and not well, but are feeling better.
Elaine, did the same as you did NEW YEARS EVE, and yes it was not very exciting way to start a new year.
Jeri, I am happy you got that beautiful memory from your niece making that cake. I hope you and your family have a great 2012. Thank you for every time you remember me on the board.
JeanB, Iam sorry you are having rough storms. Stay safe.
Terry, so glad to see you on the board.I am so sorry your sister died. I am sorry you lost a big client and your husband
lost his steady job.Congrats to you on your new grandson and to Sara on her new son and her graduation. I am happy for your son too. I am sorry you were so sick and lost two dogs, but got two more. I hope you get to some concerts this year.
Sharon, I am so glad that everything went well and you can see real great now. I love AJs new song too.
Kathy, the weather is sure different lately. I love ALAN's new song too.
Dot, I am sorry you were so sick and that your sister fell and broke her hip and had a stroke. Bless you for taking care of her. My prayers go out to your friends and family that are no well.
Harriet, I am so sorry you fell and got hurt so bad. You are in my prayers always.
Gwen, I am glad you had a good NEW YEARS EVE. Peace, love and hugs to everyone.  nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2012, 10:56:29 pm »

Hello, AJ Friends,

Harriet, so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you're doing fine now. I do trip at night too when I need to go to the bathroom so hubby got this idea from his Mom & Dad and got us those little nightlights for our bathrooms. The little light they emit helps me see enough where I'm going even when my eyes are half-close. Feel better soon. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Kathy, keep safe and warm and don't send your snow our direction. :-)

Sharon, good to hear your cataract surgery went well  and also your granddaughter's plastic surgery. Going on a tour to Cape Cod sounds great. If you do go, have loads of fun.

Gwen, your New Year's Eve story reminded me of that one NYE my hubby and I decided to celebrate at a Marrakesh (Morrocan) restaurant when we lived in Hawaii in the early '80s. We saw the commercial on tv about the special NYE celebration they're having so at the spur of the moment my hubby made a reservation. . .our next door neighbor babysat our kids who were 4 and 8 yo then. That was one experience we would always treasure and never will forget. The restaurant has an authentic Morrocan flair, from the interior design and decor to belly dancers, servers, music and food. About 20 minutes or so after we ordered our food, two gentlemen came to our table each holding a bowl of very warm water, some soap and towel and helped us wash and dry our hands. Of course, we didn't expect it so we just kind of smiled the whole time and at the same wondered why it was necessary. We found out soon enough when our appetizer was brought to the table. Our server explained to us that all food are to be eaten by hand. We were given the option of using a fork so we took it. But just for the sake of tasting the whole new experience we did try to eat some of the food by hands. After we're done eating our food. . .appetizer, entree and dessert. . .they washed and dried our hands again. Then we joined in with the festivities watching belly dancers perform from table to table with customers, including us, tucking in dollar bills in their skirts' waistline (my hubby had me do it...lol!) and clapping and in the beat of the music, cheering and making joyful noises in welcoming the New Year. Just before the countdown started we got our complimentary drinks. . .we chose wine. . .then the countdown began. We enjoyed it so much we had wanted to do it again but some how never did. It was an awesome experience and we did enjoy the food. Maybe someday soon we will again.

Elaine, thanks for wishing my hubby well. He's doing a bit fine now although I think he still should see a doctor. He's still being very stubborn about it. He bought a humidifier which he said is helping a lot but he still wakes me up a bit when he's coughing.

Nelle, thank you also for wishing my hubby and I well and Hapy New Year to you too. It's good to see you posting here again. Always misses and thinks of you whenever I don't see you posting here.

To everyone else here, I wish you all well.

I think I'm finally recovered from my illness, more or less. I've slowly regained my strength back and my normal appetite is back as well. The medications my doctor had me take helped big time. This has not been the first time I've been sick during the Christmas holidays but this has been the worst, I think, by far. Thank you all for your prayers and cares. Those of you dealing with cold and snowy and other rough weather, be safe and keep warm. Take care everyone and HUGS.

BHR

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:16:23 am by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 04:21:59 am »

Hello, AJ Friends,

Harriet, so sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you're doing fine now. I do trip at night too when I need to go to the bathroom so hubby got this idea from his Mom & Dad and got us those little nightlights for our bathrooms. The little light they emit helps me see enough where I'm going even when my eyes are half-close. Feel better soon. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Kathy, keep safe and warm and don't send your snow our direction. :-)

Sharon, good to hear your cataract surgery went well  and also your granddaughter's plastic surgery. Going on a tour to Cape Cod sounds great. If you do go, have loads of fun.

Gwen, your New Year's Eve story reminded me of that one NYE my hubby and I decided to celebrate at a Marrakesh (Morrocan) restaurant when we lived in Hawaii in the early '80s. We saw the commercial on tv about the special NYE celebration they're having so at the spur of the moment my hubby made a reservation. . .our next door neighbor babysat our kids who were 4 and 8 yo then. That was one experience we would always treasure and never will forget. The restaurant has an authentic Morrocan flair, from the interior design and decor to belly dancers, servers, music and food. About 20 minutes or so after we ordered our food, two gentlemen came to our table each holding a bowl of very warm water, some soap and towel and helped us wash and dry our hands. Of course, we didn't expect it so we just kind of smiled the whole time and at the same wondered why it was necessary. We found out soon enough when our appetizer was brought to the table. Our server explained to us that all food are to be eaten by hand. We were given the option of using a fork so we took it. But just for the sake of tasting the whole new experience we did try to eat some of the food by hands. After we're done eating our food. . .appetizer, entree and dessert. . .they washed and dried our hands again. Then we joined in with the festivities watching belly dancers perform from table to table with customers, including us, tucking in dollar bills in their skirts' waistline (my hubby had me do it...lol!) and clapping and in the beat of the music, cheering and making joyful noises in welcoming the New Year. Just before the countdown started we got our complimentary drinks. . .we chose wine. . .then the countdown began. We enjoyed it so much we had wanted to do it again but some how never did. It was an awesome experience and we did enjoy the food. Maybe someday soon we will again.

Elaine, thanks for wishing my hubby well. He's doing a bit fine now although I think he still should see a doctor. He's still being very stubborn about it. He bought a humidifier which he said is helping a lot but he still wakes me up a bit when he's coughing.

Nelle, thank you also for wishing my hubby and I well and Hapy New Year to you too. It's good to see you posting here again. Always misses and thinks of you whenever I don't see you posting here.

To everyone else here, I wish you all well.

I think I'm finally recovered from my illness, more or less. I've slowly regained my strength back and my normal appetite is back as well. The medications my doctor had me take helped big time. This has not been the first time I've been sick during the Christmas holidays but this has been the worst, I think, by far. Thank you all for your prayers and cares. Those of you dealing with cold and snowy and other rough weather, be safe and keep warm. Take care everyone and HUGS.

BHR

That is hilarious BHR............Sounds like a lot of fun.  Nice to do something different but the washing and drying of the hands mhmmm at least they sound like a clean restaurant......That is so interesting.  Thanks for sharing...YEE HAW!

Gwen
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2012, 04:24:19 am »

Hi again.........sorry I highlighted ALL of BHR's post.  Is there a way to just highlight part.  As you all can tell......I do not know what I am doing.

Gwen
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2012, 03:26:39 pm »

Hi again.........sorry I highlighted ALL of BHR's post.  Is there a way to just highlight part.  As you all can tell......I do not know what I am doing.

Gwen

Gwen, I have always wondered how to highlight part of a post or how to highlight posts from more than 1 person.

Somebody wanna help us out?

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2012, 10:26:23 pm »

Here are the tips, Gwen and Harriet:

-To highlight only the part of a posted message you wish to respond to the easy way, after clicking on QUOTE atop the right hand side of the post you're responding to, use the BACKSPACE key on your keyboard to remove or erase the part of the post you are not going to respond to (or hightlight it with your mouse and click the DELETE button) and making sure that you DO NOT remove the '[quote author......]' at the beginning and '[/quote]' at the end of the message you're quoting or highlighting.

-To quote more than one posted message in one reply post, when you get to the page where you type in your reply to a post, scroll down the page and you'll see the list of responses already posted on the particular post you're about to response to. Look on the upper right hand corner of each post and you will see where it says INSERT QUOTE. Click on it either after you've typed up your first response to reply on the next one or before you type up any responses to reply in group.

I hope my explanations has not been too confusing to both of you. Let me know if there's any part there that you both will need me to clarify.

BHR
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 10:40:36 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2012, 10:48:51 pm »

Just thought I would let you know that Mazie is home from the hospital
and is showing some improvement ...it is taking time don't know how
much longer before she is really well again. She is feeling pretty but she
is having to get rid of some fluid that she retained after the operation.dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
dee572

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2012, 11:17:20 pm »

Good to hear  Mazie is home now.            You two  take care.         Having cold weather here now in  Arkansas.

Gone  Country    Arkansas
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 02:00:09 am »

Glad to hear Mazie is home.  Will keep her in my prayers.

How'd you get so smart BHR?Huh  lol.....That's great.  Thanks for the help on the highlighting on JUST want we want!

Gwen
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 04:51:58 pm »

Good to hear Maize is home - will continue to keep you both in my prayers!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 12:49:45 am »

Just thought I would let you know that Mazie is home from the hospital
and is showing some improvement ...it is taking time don't know how
much longer before she is really well again. She is feeling pretty but she
is having to get rid of some fluid that she retained after the operation.dizzy

Dizzy,
I am so happy that your Sis is home and hopefully on her way to getting better . It does seem to take time as we age, to get better. I have been thinking of you two and you are both in my prayers. Take care and I hope she has children to help or you will need help. Take care of You.

My husband and I still have this upper respiratory problem still. The cough is the worst & throat. I had fever and he just coughs and nothing seems to help. we have been to the doctor. maybe we will wake up one day and feel like our ole selves again.
Dizzy hon, make sure you & Mazie do not get this, the coughing is really the worst. we have cleaned our house with
germ wipes and make sure to wash our hands often, nothing seems to help..
Love and Prayers going up for you both. get well soon Mazie and Dizzy you take care & don't over-do it either.
..Hugs for you both, Jerrie

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 10:06:54 am »

Dizzy thanks for the update on Mazie -  How she starts feeling better.  This flu that's going around is really bad.  I have had it since the first of the year.  My friend told me she is harldy ever sick and she got it.  The pharmacist told her to take
1 claritin D a day along with COLDEEZE(cough drops) every 2 hours letting them dissolve in your mouth then take NIGHTQUILL at night.  should be gone in 3 days.  She told me this after I had already had it a week. Haven't tried to see if it works while you have it. 

Please keep us posted on Mazie.  You are both in our prayers.

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »

We are having a really cold snap. It is
only -5 here this morning.Time to stay
indoors. Happy to see Maize is home.
Teresa was overlast night. had a nice visit.
Don't get to do that very often with her being
so busy with Jess's sports. She didn't have
basketball practices this week. On Saturday
Jess had a tournament in Kelowna.We got
four inches of snow that day.Coming home
from the tournament the coach had a accident
with four girls from the team. Thank goodness
the worse thing was a broken arm. Jess was not
in the accident.She was with her mom and dad.
Elaine

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: