Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:50:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: December Monthly Prayers Thread  (Read 24240 times)
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2011, 05:38:33 pm »

I'm starting this month's prayers thread and with a sad note. Anyone who has been a fan of country music since at least the '90s know country artist Wade Hayes. He recorded the song, "Old Enough To Know Better" and a cover of Glen Campbell's song, "Witchita Lineman." He also formed a duet with Mark McClurg (they're hometown friends), one of Alan's band members, a few years ago and called themselves the McHayes. News online stated that Wade recently undergone surgery and is recovering from it after having been diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

http://tasteofcountry.com/wade-hayes-colon-cancer/

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:48:31 pm »

BHR Thank You,

I extend our thoughts and Prayers for "Mr. Wade Hayes" for his recovery. Also I extend my Prayers for his Loved ones.

I remember having a link to the webpage that he and Mark McClurg had. someone gave it to me. Hope R. I think.
He is  renown in Nashville area, I know.

God Bless "Mr. Hayes" and give him that Peace that only God Can, Jerrie from Mississippi

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 09:42:08 pm »

I posted not long ago about Glenn Campbell being on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, singing songs from his farewell album, Ghost on the Canvas. Now a video has been made out of the title song so just wanted to share it with you  & to say he has incredible courage to make this album, knowing he is facing Alzheimer's diease. So I pray for him.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/glen-campbell/710657/ghost-on-the-canvas.jhtml
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:44:18 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 09:46:58 pm »

Yes, Jeri, this situation with Wade Hayes is just so sad. Continuing praying for him and his family.

Sending thoughts and prayers too for Alan, Denise and their family with this health issue they're currently dealing with. May the blessing of the healing prayers be with Denise and she be back to good health.

I would like to add another prayer request here for the people of the Philippines who were affected by another horrible typhoon that passed through there couple of days ago. My family was not affected by it this time around, thank God for that, although one of my nieces and her famiy live near by the areas that were affected. She has just posted on her FB account that they're doing fine. Thank God for that too. Hundreds were killed, injured and left homeless at the aftermath of this typhoon which left many areas completely flooded. Please add these people in your prayers. Thanks.

Miamired, I started this thread the 9th of this month after I read from an online news site about country music artist Wade Hayes having been diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. Hope you see this one before you start another one. Good to see you posting again.

BHR
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 09:56:07 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:19:02 am »

Sending up prayers for "Randy Owen of AlaBama Fame. I read he too, has cancer."I hope they continue their recent

return on Tour with Randy. Prayers for his healing . also  him and those who love him.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:40:05 am »

Sending up prayers for "Randy Owen of AlaBama Fame. I read he too, has cancer."I hope they continue their recent

return on Tour with Randy. Prayers for his healing . also  him and those who love him.

Did not know this either. I will pray for Randy.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 03:23:15 pm »

My prayers go  out to all who have illness
in their families. So sad to hear about Glen
Campbell and Wade Hayes.
Elaine

vamp1227

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 08:05:42 am »

Sending prayers to those that need them...I will be seeing Glen Campbell in Feb..was so shocked when I heard about his illness..

RAY
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2011, 07:40:40 am »

I remember Wade Hayes.  I have a couple of his CD's.  I am so sorry to hear about that.  I hope he will be okay.  It is sad about Glen Campbell.  I was a big fan of his when I was younger.  Randy Owens of Alabama.  I did not hear about that. Hopefully he will be okay.  I just heard they were going to start touring again.

BHR - What is this with Alan's wife, Denise.  What is wrong with her?  I have not heard anything.  That's what happens when you are not on here very often.  I hope all is well.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 07:52:30 am »

It is okay BHR, I just read on one of the other subjects and found out. I am so glad everything is okay.

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 08:02:59 am »

My holidays are not starting off good. My prayers and thoughts go out to my only cousins here in Canada, the rest live in The Netherlands. My aunt Anna passed away on Dec 22nd.  She slept away peacefully, which is a blessing and is with her husband now.  It will be busy for us as we will be having relatives over from the Netherlands, staying with us until after the funeral.

I hope everyone will be safe through the holidays and I wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2012.  God Bless you All.  Anita

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 01:12:17 pm »

My holidays are not starting off good. My prayers and thoughts go out to my only cousins here in Canada, the rest live in The Netherlands. My aunt Anna passed away on Dec 22nd.  She slept away peacefully, which is a blessing and is with her husband now.  It will be busy for us as we will be having relatives over from the Netherlands, staying with us until after the funeral.

I hope everyone will be safe through the holidays and I wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2012.  God Bless you All.  Anita

Anita, prayers going up for your family. Please accept my condolences.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 05:21:12 pm »

MY PRAYERS are going up for Wade Hayes, Glenn Campbell,  ALAN AND DENISE,  to those affected by the typhoon and
Randy Owens.   ALso PRAYERS for you Anita and your family.   Peace to all their families.  nelle 

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 06:01:50 pm »

I just received a phone call, from my aunt in Holland.  Her brother Theo, who is also my dad's brother and our uncle, passed away today.  This is two relatives in the last three days.  Uncle Theo, you are in my prayers and thoughts. Now you are in heaven with my dad and your other brothers and sisters.  May you rest in peace.

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2011, 11:17:05 pm »

Wow, Anita, will keep you and your family in my prayers!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: