Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 01:10:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Novermber is here .  (Read 27750 times)
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2011, 12:23:15 pm »

It is hard to believe Oct is already over.Don't
know wher the time went. Tomorrow would
have been George and my 48 anniversary.
Still miss him so much. I guess we never get
over losing our mate.It has been 5 years and
I still miss him as much today as the day I lost
him.
Had 40 kids come trick or treating last night,
That is the most I have had since I moved here.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 01:44:59 pm »

Hello, Friends. Thanks, Elaine for starting the November Thread. I do empathize with you in your still missing George. It is very difficult to lose your mate as you say, especially if you have been together so many years.
We are having cool Fall weather & the leaves pile up in the yard every day & need to be raked. This is the kind of weather I like.
I posted some info from Billboard & Country Aircheck on Music Discussion. It's nice to hear some good news about Long Way to Go.
The holidays are right around the corner. Guess it's time to get busy thinking about them.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 05:59:12 pm »

Elaine I'm so sorry, and I know you do miss him.. You sound like my Mom when Dad suddenly was killed in an accident byo a heart attack. You never stop missing them,The hurt lessens eventually. it was so painful for my mom, she rarely talked about Dad.
We all are here for you, God Bless you.
Harriet, the months flew by since my Birthday this year.lol.. I is getting older, but I still do not feel old, and no one believes my age haha!
Love the cooler weather too. My asthma is better in cooler months. Harriet , it seems it is time to shop for the Holidays in this month and you can just enjoy the Holiday more, to get it done w/early. we may spend ours in Nashville at the Gaylord this year and see my Grands and buy toys ! I don't get to see them often enough.
November looks great in MS now.. leaving falling and so pretty colors. Need to go to my second Home.I love it better there. Nelle and everyone I hope you are doing well. Has Jean/AZ been on recently? Miss her. Hi to Terry and the rest too
Louann, and all of you. Miss you all. Take care, Jeri

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:45:03 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 09:45:35 pm »

Elaine thing never come easy I was married 38 yrs and my husband
passed away some one that was never sick never took bufferen or any meds.. he had a massive heart attack at 61 and that was a really big shock...I never had any
children and I thought at the time my life was shattered but time will help you ...It won't ever come overnite...dizzy

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:13:51 am »

Elaine, thanks for starting the November thread - like everyone else I wonder where the year went.  My thoughts are with today on your anniversary.

We are having beautiful weather to start this month - feeling sorry for those poor people on the East coast, what a mess! 

Started my Christmas shopping - the Internet is my next stop!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 01:14:02 pm »

Harriet glad  your enjoying the cooler weather.Yu
have had such a hot summer.
Jeri glad your asthma gets better in the cooler
weather.
Dizzy sorry to hear you lost your hubby at such
a young age. My hubby was like yours never sick.
He never missed a day of work in 28 years.
Kathy nice that your having nice weather. I haven't
even thought about Christmas shopping. I guess I
should get started.
It was cool this morning.Frost on the ground when
I got up. Thank you all for thinking of me today.
Elaine

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »

Happy November everyone.  I don't know where the time is going.  I think the older we get, the faster it goes.

Thanks Elaine for starting the thread and so sorry about your anniversary.  No it is never easy.  Weather in Southwestern Ontario is absolutely beautiful.  Hubby is so happy that he is still golfing each week.  He is usually finished for the year around the end of September.

It's getting time to think of that big fat fella in the red suit.  OOH Christmas card from Alan in the near future..... yippee!!!

Hi to everyone and hope all are well!

Gwen
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 07:41:57 am »

Not much news just work.          Its rainy and cool weather here today.           Looks like it well stay cool weather  here now.        Hi  to everyone.          Hope the ones on the east coast  get their    power  back on soon.            Take care everyone.

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:35:28 am »

Thanks for starting the November thread Elaine.
So sorry for everybody who lost his husband. It's always too early and i can believe you still miss them.
Elaine, wish i've met George when i was at your home 5 years ago. Still remember the picture of both of you with Jimmy Carter.

Always nice weather in Belgium 65°F / 18°C.
I bought George Strait's new album "Here For A Good Time", very good cd like always. New is that George wrote 7 of the 11 songs together with his son Bubba. Wonder how Alan's new album gona sounds ? Hope the cd comes out before Christmas.
Great November calender picture !!!

Have a nice day everybody.

Jean

« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 09:52:15 am by JeanB » Logged

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 01:10:08 pm »

Jean glad your having such warm weather
here it hasn't been above 50(10) all week.
Yes I wish you could have met my hubby.
Gwen your hubby is so lucky to be still
golfing.
Elaine

AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 05:48:48 pm »

Yes I can't believe it is November.  Thanks for starting the November thread Elaine.  I can believe that you still miss your husband.  He was your soulmate.  I cannot imagine losing my husband.  We do so much together.  I don't think that I would ever get over losing him.   Even though he is not with you, you at least have all the good memories together and hopefully that helps get thru the days.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »

Anita memories do help you through the tough
days.We had some great times together.
Kelsey was home for the weekend. It was so good
to see her. We took her to the airport last night.
She will be traveling alot with the volley ball team
so won't be home until Christmas.
Elaine

miamired

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 03:51:34 pm »

Hello everyone!  I'm late with posting, as usual. this time due to a cold that I have had for about 10 days.  The cold is at its end, but have not got my energy back.  I am about to update the prayer thread.  The awful heat is gone here in Miami, so grateful for that.  Grateful for many things!  Finishing up a relaxing vacation this week.  Time is going by so fast, it always does this time of year.

Hoping that we get a facelift on this site some time in the upcoming year, I still don't know how to use most of the features here.
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »

I am such a sap this time of year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=yoygmylt2iM
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 01:04:35 pm »

Miamired -I got this on I-Tunes! Thanks!
Thanks for this, I love Gosh. He is in Nashville at times to perform.This time of year and always, is the time to be Thankful for what we have and all that we have shared with our mates and/or  children and Friends over the Years! How happy to remember how much we have to be thankful for, even in the hard times with no jobs. I can always find things I am still Thankful for.That is what memories are for, to take us through the hard times.

As My Grand ma always said, "Where There's a Will, There's a Way", she was a wonderful example of love and hard work. she lived during the depression and went through those times alone, after her beloved husband died at 30.  she owned land & rented out rooms to school teachers, in her Big old house, to support her family.Those were days to be thankful for. The community supported one another and that same love still exist today.
 When I go home to MS, I see the people I grew up with, and still feel the love. Our lives were All influenced by that community, I am so Thankful , This Song says it all. Let's All just be Thankful, even through the hard times.Take care to All of you, Jerrie-
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:18:24 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: