Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 09:01:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Novermber is here .  (Read 27747 times)
ajarkansasfan

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 09:35:04 pm »

We had some rain the other day   and our cold weather is back.         In low 30s this morning only got to 50s this afternoon.      They are calling for a freeze  in the morning.               Happy   Veterans  Day  to everyone.   

Gone Country  in  Arkansas
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 02:33:44 pm »

Hope everyone takes time to remember the
service men that gave their lives for us.
It has been in the 40 all week. Jess stayed with
me on Thursday night. She had to have a bump
removed from her gums at the dentist.They put her
out to do it. Talked to her last night she was swollen
but had no pain.Going to watch Kelsey play on web cast
They are in Medicine hat tonight.
Elaine

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 10:14:06 pm »

Hope everyone takes time to remember the
service men that gave their lives for us.
It has been in the 40 all week. Jess stayed with
me on Thursday night. She had to have a bump
removed from her gums at the dentist.They put her
out to do it. Talked to her last night she was swollen
but had no pain.Going to watch Kelsey play on web cast
They are in Medicine hat tonight.
Elaine

Elaine,
Today it seems that it was celebrated here for the Veterans more than ever before, we had ships returning with families
so happy to be Re-united. I know the feeling well. we should NEVER forget those who served and continue to serve our Beloved Country,  say "Thank You for Serving."

It is to be cold here later tonight, it seems strange, the high today 52. Love it however!
Elaine, I know you enjoyed your "Jess" being there , sorry she had to have oral surgery. You will enjoy your "Kelsey"
playing on web cast, that's great! Isn't it wonderful how our Grands can make us feel so special & loved.
Take care to All of You, Jerrie---ajarkansasfan  Happy Veterans Day to you also and Everyone!
PS- Excuse me please, but has anyone any news from Harriet or is she ill, I sure hope not..also Jean/AZ, miss you all & Terry and the rest. Nelle sure hope you are well and doing fine. I was off for a while myself, visiting family.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 10:10:30 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 07:06:11 am »

Just realized I hadn't posted any for November!  I went on a cruise from November 2, until the 7th and I'm still trying to catch up.  The cruise was fun.  We sailed out of Charleston, SC and went to Nassau and Freeport.  I went with friends who had a family reunion and I was included.  We did hit some rough seas and some of the party got sick.  Thank goodness I didn't. 

What's everybody's plans for Thanksgiving (stateside of course)?  If nothing happens, we're going up to our oldest daughter's.  We have done this the past 10 years or so.  Then Ang & I go out shopping for Black Friday.  Haven't a clue of what I'm buying for Christmas.  The older I get, the more I just want to give $$$ as gifts and don't know if I'll even put up a tree this year.  Jerry is a real scrooge for Christmas.  He says every year he wishes he didn't feel that way.  My thought?  Then don't!

We'll have Christmas parties at Church, our Christmas program, and we'll exchange gifts with the bowling team.  I'll take it one day at a time.  Jimmy and Kim usually had an open house after the Christmas Eve service at their church.  I would be surprised this year if Kim does that. 

We had a Veteran's parade downtown on Friday.  I didn't go, it has turned cold!  Had ice on the bird bath!

Y'all have a wonderful Sunday.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 02:23:17 pm »

Jeri we are so lucky to have such great
grand kids.
Sharon sorry it got so cold on veterns day.
It was cold here too.
Our ski hill got lots of snow.It will be
opening early this year.
Elaine

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 08:21:15 pm »

Greetings, AJ Friends. Hope evryone is OK. We had storms today & tornado warnings. The alarms went off & they wee loud so I spent some time in the basement. We had very heavy rain too but we really needed it, being in a drought situation.
Saturday night I went to see Reba in concert. She was really good. She had 3 opening acts, the best being The Band Perry- they are very good & Kimberly Perry came out & duetted with Reba on Does He Love You. It sounded great. Reba performed a lot of my favorites including The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia. It was a great concert but we were in the lower level of riser sets & not enough leg room- my arthritic knees did not hold up well. I enjoyed Reba- she is a great entertaner. This was my only concert this year.

Elaine- Hope Jess is recovering & feeling better.

Jeri- We will never forget our veterans.

Sharon- Great that you got to go on a cruise. We have scaled down our Christmas decorating too but there are still a few things I like to bring out.

Love to All./b]

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

Harriet, thanks for the email alert, re: tornado. We had a bit of a strong wind, but rather than a tornado, we were hampered with a thunderstorm. All was fine and well, however. There were no down trees in our area that we know of. Got a bit scary, though, for awhile.

Elaine, I shared everyone's sentiment here regarding the memory fo your late husband, George, on the day that would have been your 48th anniversary. In a way I could really sympathize with you, if that is the right word for it. Nov. 7 is always a hard day for me as it is my late father's birthday. Every year that day and the anniversary day of his death comes around, along with missing him so much, I feel the pain of guilt of not having told him how much I loved him before he passed away, which I am not able to get over with. So, in some ways, I know how you're feeling about George on your anniversary. Thank you for starting the November monthly thread.

Sharon, we hardly put any Christmas decorations either since we also now have our celebrations with my husband's family at his parents home in the suburbs of Savannah, GA. We just put up our "old" Christmas tree every year. We've had it for 5 or 6 years and probably will not get a new one until it could really no longer hold up the ornaments. . .lol!

JeanB, my husband and her sisters got into genealogy late 90's through early 2000's. They traced their family ancestry and found quite some interesting background on their Mom's family's geneological history, including an ancestor who apparently had a reputation of being a town's drunk, as we call it here, and been jailed for numerous misdemeanor offenses (oh...boy! lol!). They have Irish/Scottish ancestry on their Mom's side of the family and German on their Dad's side of the family. One interesting fact to note: My husband's sisters were doing their genealogy research in Ireland when the 9-11 attack event happened. They said that they were at a pub taking a lunch break when they saw the breaking news broadcast on one of the TVs they had there. Rather than continuing their reaearch, which was almost completed, they went back to their hotel room and arranged for a rescheduling of their flight back home, which was not supposed to be for another couple of days, for that day or the next day. They were not allowed to as all flights to here in the US were cancelled/postponed due to the terrorism attack and their regular flight schedule was delayed for 6 hours, I believe. Anyway, as far as I know I have Chinese and Spanish ancestry. I'm not 100% sure of it. However, I think my brother has now started researching our family's genealogical history. Sure would love to know what he finds out. Glad to know you researched yours and thanks for sharing it with us all.

Miamired, thanks for starting the November prayers thread. I wil be posting some updates there another time.

Jerie, yes, THANK YOU TO ALL THE VETERANS! YOU ALL WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

Hello, LOVE and good wishes to everyone!

BHR

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:12:51 pm by BIGHUSKERSRED » Logged

dee572

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 10:07:26 am »

Here in Arkansas  we just had heavy thunderstorms.          No trees down or power outages.       Now today the weatherman said  starting Momday  we are to have another few days of rain.          It has gotten cool now  after the rain the other day.              Early   Happy  Thanksgiving to all

Gone  Country    Arkansas
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 01:34:23 pm »

So glad everyone is ok, after the storms.we had thunderstorms in the late night & hubby slept right through it. Lot of help he is to calm my nerves LOL seriously, I'm glad you are all ok.. It is cooler here now but we may get some rain this weekend.

Harriet, the Reba concert sounds nice, so glad you got to enjoy that one! I'm hoping to see Alan asap but looks like it may be a while. I had forgotten to renew my membership and have to do that soon. Time flys!

BHR.. please do not beat yourself up about not telling your Dad Goodbye. I'm sure he knew you Loved him. My Dad wasn't
the type to say a lot about Love, but rather show it by his actions. Mine was killed in an auto accident after having a Heart attack and Yes, I still remember the exact day still, after over 20 years..I still miss my mom every November, she died in 2009 and it seems like yesterday. we never forget them and the Love remains. Our Moms gave us Life..Thye are with God now and I have that Peace, that only God Gives..They were wonderful Christians and parents who lived a great example.
Elaine, I think Husbands are mates and harder to get over the loss, but time does help, Mom said..She did for others, to help her get over Dad's passing. she said that helped her, she also went to work, learned to drive even. I can't imagine
lossing my mate of over 40 yrs. we married really young. Take care to all of you and we all need to see Alan to cheer us
all up!Alan has been so busy getting all the awards recently, but nice to see this happen.I hope he gets one for the ACA awards too! Alan has been so instrumental in helping others get their start. Have  a great Day! Jinx- the Chart House is good for a Birthday meal, down by the water.Loved the (slightly) Blackened Salmon etc..God Bless us All. Jeri

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2011, 02:38:43 pm »

Sorry to hear about the storms .Glad no one
from the board had any damage.
We still have some snow on the ground.It has
been staying cold so I am sure it is here for the
winter. Watched the games on web cam last night
boththe teams won their games.They play again
this afternoon.
Elaine

suem

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 12:30:51 am »

Hi to all!

Just wanted to say hi and have a wonderful Thanksgiving all!  Safe travels!

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 01:47:56 pm »

HI FRIENDS...BUT MY GOSH ITS BEEN AWHILE, PROBABLY HAVE TO "INTRODUCE" MYSELF ALL OVER AGAIN!!  JUST THINK, (OR NOT)...I TURN 80 ON THE 25TH!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, 8 DECADES.  HAVE BEEN SO BLESSED THROUGH MOST OF IT, A FEW HILLS-T0-CLIMB ALONG THE WAY, BUT WHO HASN'T HAD THOSE.  I AM THANKFUL, THIS THANKSGIVING MONTH...TO STILL HAVE REASONABLE GOOD HEALTH, AND FOR MY LOVING FAMILY, 4 SONS, 3 DAUGHTERS, AND 9 BRILLIANT GRANDCHILDREN, AND TWO "GREATS".

IN EARLY SEPT. I TRAVELED UP TO SOUTH DAKOTA FOR THE WEDDING OF MY GRANDSON JAKE.  OH MY FRIENDS, IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL WEDDING.  I LOVED TO SEE ALL THOSE WONDERFUL YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE WEDDING PARTY, ALL BRIGHT AND HAPPY AND JUST SO DEAR.  I THINK OUR WORLD WILL BE ALRIGHT IN THE FUTURE.  JAKE IS A GRADUATE STUDENT AT GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY IN ECONOMICS, HIS LOVELY BRIDE ELIZABETH HAS GRADUATED DENTAL SCHOOL FROM THE U OF NEBRASKA, AND HAS FOUND A JOB IN GEORGETOWN.  WHAT A SWEET WEEK END IT WAS FOR ME.

IN EARLY DEC. I AM AGAIN GOING UP TO SOUTH DAKOTA, MY YOUNGEST SON TODD RUNS THE FAMILY RANCH,  AND HE IS RECEIVING A NATIONAL HONOR FOR LAND CONSERVATION, SOMETHING HE HAS BEEN SO DEDICATED TO IN ALL HIS YEARS AS THE "HEAD MAN"!  THE RANCH IS WHERE I RAISED MY FAMILY, AND THOUGH I THINK I HAVE SHOVELED ALL THE SNOW I NEED TO IN ONE LIFETIME...I STILL MISS THOSE WIDE OPEN SPACES...WELL, MAYBE NOT IN JANUARY!  HOPE THE WEATHER COOPERATES BECAUSE I FLY THROUGH DENVER AND CATCH A VERY SMALL COMMUTER FLIGHT TO PIERRE, SD.  MY DAUGHTER LYNNE WILL MEET ME IN DENVER AND WE WILL FLY THAT LAST LEG TOGETHER.

IT WAS A REALLY "INTERESTING" SUMMER HERE IN THE ARIZONA DESERT, WITH A FEW HUGE DUST STORMS ROLLING THROUGH ETC.  SOMETIMES CALLED "HABOOBS", BUT LETS STICK TO THE GOOD OLD AMERICAN JUST PLAIN DUST STORMS.  WHATEVER YOU CALL THEM, THEY ARE QUITE SPECTACULAR.  I AM QUITE IMPRESSED MYSELF WHEN I SEE THEM ON THE NEWS!   BUT NOW WE ARE IN TO OUR BEST TIME, FALL AND WINTER, TEMPERATURES SO MODERATE, AND FLOWERS AND PLANTINGS BLOOMING.  LOTS OF WINTER VISITORS BACK NOW, SAW LICENSE PLATES IN MY CONDO  AREA FROM ALASKA, CANADA, OHIO, NEBRASKA, ILLINOIS AND MINNESOTA SO FAR.  LOVE TO WATCH THEM OUT WALIKING, BIKING, AND JUST GENERALLY ENJOYING THEIR TIME HERE.  NICE PEOPLE, ALL OF THEM.

AS ARE ALL OF YOU, I DO HOPE THE PAST SEVERAL WEEKS HAVE BEEN KIND TO YOU, AND IF NOT...BETTER DAYS AHEAD.  STAY WELL AND WARM, AND DON'T SLIP ON ANY ICE!

JEAN-AZ/LUVTHATAJ
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:55:16 pm by luvthataj » Logged
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 02:10:13 pm »

Happy Birthday Jean/az!! iii Happy ThanksGiving to all. Sue so great to read your post. same to you dear Heart.
Jean/AZ ,So happy to know you are ok and Have a wonderful ThanksGiving Day! Our children make us proud, don't they!
Congrats on your Son's  Honor!

My Dad was a soybean and cotton farmer in MS( the best per acre) and he loved the land and preserving it.farming is not easy and I admired his time of really doing what he loved.It was a great life in the Country, still is there.The younger ones are coming back & building nice homes and work in Memphis..Wish we could move there. It is not good for asthma here.
when I go back there to the country House, it's like I never left. Our family founded the C Presbyterian Church, still there today. I am so blessed, as it reflects so much of our life. we married in that very Church, by Dr Craig Martindale, now pastor in Murfreesboro, TN First Cumberland Presbyterian Church..we had a recent homecoming & it was great to see All there!
Stay well and Enjoy to All! God Bless you on your Trip Jean/az and everyone traveling! Jerrie-MS

For Your Day AJ Fans!.. Thankful By Josh Groban- On YouTube

http://youtu.be/SSKIVf0hSn0  

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:22:35 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 07:11:29 pm »

Hi Everyone, I wish you all a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND A GREAT WEEKEND.  Take Care  HUGS    nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2011, 02:05:41 pm »

Happy Thanksgiving to all my A.J. fans
south of the boarder.Stay safe and enjoy
your day with loved ones.
Elaine

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: