Alan Jackson
May 08, 2024, 04:54:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan's Sydney Concert......review by Jedda!  (Read 18974 times)

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2011, 04:53:49 am »

Well the first thing I have to say is......O M G........yes  OMG.........Alan Jackson and the Strayhorns are just awesome, magnificant, brilliant, talented, beautiful, excellent, totally amazing...........I just didn't want the concert to stop!

Firstly got to say a big thank you to Cathy for introducing me to Monty and just to let you know that the gift that I wanted to give Alan (didjeridoo)......security wouldn't let me take it in.......so i'm going to arrange with Monty to have it posted over!

Secondly, I've got to say a big thank you to Dot for giving me the idea of making up the GOOD TIME signs!!.......OMG Dot....they were a hit!!.......When I got to Acer Arena I was looking out for a few of the people I have been talking to on here - Dee, Pirate-Anne, Emailstoamber etc.....but I ended up running late and got there at 6.....but was happy with a number of people from here that recognised me wearing my green jeans outfit and akubra hat......can't remember who they were....but thanks for coming up say hello.

Anyway I got inside and the first thing me and my sister in law wanted to do was buy a t/shirt........we were pretty lucky as they were nearly selling out......in fact by the end of the concert they only had a few left.

As we walked into and down to our 3rd row seats, I was just blown away by the awesome crowd.......by this time I was just on such a high and i just couldnt stop smiling......I sat next to a wonderful couple who came from Orange who were just as excited as I was......by this time Jasmine Rae was on stage and then Joe Nicholls came out and done a duet with her....it was awesome........Jasmine walked off and the lights came on......I needed another 6 people to help me hold up the GOOD TIME signs........my new found friends and the people that sat on the other side of them were so eager and keen to participate - so we had a trial run....then all of a sudden people were taking photo's of us..left right and centre...especially this bloke from America.......he took a photo of us holding up the sign and then told us to check out the CMC magazine and his facebook....sorry but i just can't think of his name....he must have been famous because everyone was gettin their photo taken with him....i think its something warren???

Next minute the lights dimmed and the crowd just started screaming and yelling......by this time everyone was jumping seats and running to get closest to the stage.  Me and my sister in law pushed our way through all of these very young pretty blond haired blue eyed girls who were given free front row seats and told to smile and dance when the camera came on them.........and then he appeared.........OMG........I just looked at my sista in law and we just screamed and hugged each other.....I had my Aboriginal flag and started waving it like crazy and screaming Alan Alan Alan.........as he walked to his micraphone he waved his hand and had the biggest smile on his face.........then the Strayhorns struck up the first chord!!!...........the crowd just went wild, everyone was up standing and dancing.......and when he opened his mouth with the first words to HES GONE COUNTRY........you could hear the whole arena singing along to him!!.....it was majic.....I just couldn't stop smiling!!!

He had a brownish cowboy shirt on.....I think the same one he wore in Melbourne.......and of course he had on his signature "ripped" jeans, he looked so beautiful, relaxed and you can see that he loves what he does doing best and thats entertaining his fans.......

Everyone song he sang the crowd just cheered, screamed and sang along with him especially when he sang - POP A TOP, CHATTAHOOCHEE, HERE IN THE REAL WORLD, LIVIN ON LOVE, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HER NAME, ITS FIVE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE, WHERE WERE YOU and I've got to say my favourite of the nite which was a bit emotional for me was when he sang WHERE I COME FROM........while he sang the song - the 3 screens behind showed all the main places in the Sydney area....like the Opera House, The Sydney Harbour Bridge, it showed kangaroos, the names of our famous streets of sydney, it even showed the log of my favourite footy team....The South Sydney Rabbitts.......I just thought how beautiful.....it really emphased WHERE WE COME FROM.....it was awesome.......everyone was just screaming!

He talked a fair bit in between some of his songs....especially the one about Daddy bought a radio!!....and other songs he sang really reflected his parents and Denise......you can see that he loves his family very much.....

Then he slowed things down with a few songs....by this i moved back to my seat with my brother as it was just too crazy at the front!!!.........He pulled up his chair and was joined by a couple of the Strayhorns to sing As Shes Walkin Away.....he sang a few songs and then introduced his band and talked about where he came from.......then he was back on his feet singing and havin the crowd boppin to all his greatest hits.

Then came my song GOOD TIME......my little crew grabbed our signs and held them up so proud....and then he looked over to us and acknowledge us!!!...and said how great it was for us to do the signs.....I just loved it.......by this time I was on cloud 20.......we even got on the big screen!!!!.........and all of my family and friends who were there said they were cheering for me!!....loved it!

then he was down to his final song....and you know wot I can't even think what it was i was so over the moon.

He waved good bye.......and the crowd went wild.....he came back to do his encore...and to my amazement he gabbed a pen and went along the whole front stage signing peoples shirts, tickets, boots, hats anything that people could get signed.............the guys were taking off their shirts for him to sign......I tried to get my Aboriginal flag sign but missed out...........but was so shocked when my sister in law (who stayed down the front the whole time) got my hat signed....i was over the moon.

Throughout his whole concert he threw his picks happy to say got one.............Alan Jackson and the Strayhorns are awesome!!

Then he walked off...........while the Strayhorns were packing up I sang out to Monty and he recognised me.......he and I think Will came down and signed my Akubra Hat and Aboriginal Flag..........and I even got my photo taken with them.....Monty even asked me "where is the Didjeridoo" he even wanted me to go and get it from my car and bring back to him so he can give it to Alan.........but I said my car was far away....he thanked us for all coming along.....what a beautiful wonderful person!!....

Alan Jackson and the Strayhorns.........one message from me!!!........PLEASE DON'T TAKE TOO LONG TO COME BACK TO AUSTRALIA......we love you!!

I do hoped you all had a great tour and have a safe trip back home!!
Jedda!!

I will also be uploading some photos....will probably do it tomorrow.........but i also have some on my Facebook

« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:55:31 am by 0466933202 » Logged
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 06:46:35 am »

Well Well Well Jedda.....THAT WAS A PERFECT REVIEW.......On a scale of 1 -10, I would give you a 10 and a half.  That is what we need to hear.  Bravo............I am sooo happy for you.  The sign sounds like a big hit.  Also the digerado......OMG if you can get that to Alan.........what a wonderful souvinier............I think you should do a write up for Cindy for the newsletter.  Send your picture and the sign picture also.  I think you win something if you get your write up in the letter.  Thank you so much for telling us EVERYTHING...feel like I was there.........you made my day.....YEE HAW!!!!!!!

Gwen
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 07:27:39 am »

What a great review, Jedda - I could just feel the excitement!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 10:09:11 am »

Jedda, great review. Sorry about the didjediroo. Hopefully, you'd still be able to get it to Alan with Monty's help. Had to laugh about the GOOD TIME sign. You may have just started something there. :-)  I believe that American guy you were referring to is Storme Warren. He's one of the program hosts in one of our of country music tv network here, CMT(Country Music Television). I read somewhere online not too long ago that he's covering Alan's concert there in Australia. Another Aussie poster here mentioned seeing couple of guys video taping Alan's concert at another venue. My guess is it's either Storme again with another camera guy with him or someone else from the other country music network here, GAC(Great American Country Music) also covering Alan's concerts there. So good to hear that you and your family had a great time at Alan's concert. I know the feeling. I was that way the first time my family and I saw Alan in concert. We're waiting to see him here again near our area. I'm with Gwen with her suggestion. Send your review to Cindy at the fan club office (the address is in the newsletter you already have) for consideration to be publish in the future issue of the newsletter.

Take care.
BHR

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 10:19:07 am »

What a great review!   Gwen's right, we love to read these reviews - it's makes us feel like we are there a little bit.  Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful AJ experience.   He & the Strayhorns are magnificent - it's just takes your breath away when he walks out.  Yes, send your review to the fan club - it's a winner!
Thanks again and so glad you had the opportunity to see them in person!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »

Jedda, I just can not add anything that the other fans have not posted.  FANTASTIC REVIEW.   You have brought tears to my eyes as I read the wonderful words and your joyful experience.   Thank you so much and so happy for you.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 12:58:36 pm »

Jedda!!

Whata  Wonderful Review! Thanks for telling of your experience at the concert. You were speaking of the Guy who they were making photo's of and made yours. Was his Name Stormie Warren? He is covering these Concerts most likely. He is from Nashville too! He may have Alan on his Show later and show the photos. This is stormie warren show here below-

"If it's not fun, meaningful or enjoyable, don't do it."
--Storme Warren
This mission statement, which guides Storme Warren as a producer, writer and host of the television network Great American Country (GAC) entertainment news show Headline Country, seems also to resonate at the core of Warren's character, reflecting a passion that guides both his personal and professional paths.

He's a great Guy and we see him all the time on TV..GAC films most of the shows in the Ryman also.

So cool that you did the Terry Signs in Australia, She started it here, I think.. That's a Great Idea and I know Alan Appreciated it and always notices things that people do like that..

Sounds like you had a wonderful time and great seats too! I Loved your Review, and it sounds like Alan and the Strayhorns
are having a great time also. Alan is so kind and sweet..I am so glad you got to go to the stage, it's exciting! Like you I always sit down after a while. Please send in a Photo with your review, It tells the size i think or you can look in another Newsletter Online to check for size.. and maybe show your SIGNS, Alan will remember those! Great review. Cindy might edit for size etc.. but send it in please, it's Great! Send photo to Cindy at the fanclub office  . Or BYO Email , the address to Cindy is on the newsletter. It's a Great Review and she might put it in the Newsletter about Australia.. Sounds like a wonderful Concert and so glad he did "Where Were You", he always gets the crowd back up later..Thanks so much for a wonderful Review! also you can read about how to do things Under The very Top Catagory, where Cindy Posts.. it has info.

Take Care, Jeri_MS from Florida!  
PS-I hope to see Alan after he gets Home..he has a house not far from us, down in near Central Florida.I hope he doesn't lose that charming Southern accent but the "Aussie " accent is so great! lol So very Thankkful Alan & the wonderful Strayhorns got to go to Australia! Isn't Monty a nice Guy! All of them are , Roger too!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 07:01:56 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
suem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 01:02:16 pm »

Wow what a review....Thanks for sharing.  I agree it's Storme Warren who was taking your picture with the signs.
Good advice to have you send in your review to the fanclub.
Your review was so fun as I could feel your joy!  It makes me miss seeing Alan even more.  I hope he does come back to Australia again and to my home state soon too!!!!
Keep beaming!

bluesman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 03:21:53 pm »

Thanks, Jedda for that fantastic review! Agree with everyone else...it should be sent into the f.c. for insertion in the newsletter. I also have a feeling as to how you felt when you first saw Alan. He's addictive, you know! Once you see & hear him, you can't stay away when he comes and sees you again!  I can also tell you that Alan and the Strayhorns all fell in love you Aussies. My husband and I toured your beautiful, fascinating country in 1988 when the Expo `88 was on in Brisbane. We visited Sydney, Melbourne, the Outback, Brisbane, Cairns (the Great Barrier Reef!) I had been dreaming of going to see Australia ever since I read a story in a Canadian Grade 4 reader about a girl who had gone visiting in Australia & it had fascinated me ever since that! If anybody has a chance to visit this beautiful country...don`t pass it up! You won`t be disappointed!  Alan will be back to see you for sure!!

Carol
Dot

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 08:51:55 pm »

Jedda,
Wow, that was a great review. Wished I could have been there with you to hold up one of the signs. I know A. J. loves seeing them.  He always points to them and then they show us on the big sceen.
I love Where I come From too, every city he goes to he shows something on the screen of things in that city. The crowd goes wild.
Maybe you pic will be in a magazine holding up the signs. Wouldn't that be great?
I have to say this again, Monty is a real sweetheat, he is so good to the fans.
I am so happy you got your hat signed. I don't understand security sometimes, terrible they wouldn't let you take the gift in to A. J.
Also, I'm glad you Aussie fans didn't keep A. J. we need him back. lol
I agree with the others send you review in to the fan club.

"Gone Country"  From KY
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 10:15:50 pm »

Thanks for such a detailed and superior review, loved reading all of it.  I could certainly feel your excitement.  Monty is such a sweetheart and is always so good to the fans.  I agree, you should send your review into the fan club. 

Livin' On Love in California
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 11:33:39 am »

Loved your review!  You will never forget that night!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:33 pm »

Jedda we sure enjoyed you review a whole lot...You could feel the excitement
from your review....

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 01:36:58 pm »

I love your review.....I got chills. Thanks so much for sharingyour experience.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:17 pm »

Thank you everyone for your responses..........it really bought tears to my eyes.  And yes I will take all your advice and send it into Cindy........I will be adding some more information as I'd forgotten to mention that a number of children were at the concert and one young boy around 12yrs old was sitting on his Dad's shoulders right down the front near the stage and when Allen started to throw his guitar picks out he walked over to this young boy and gave him the first pick........the little boy had the biggest smile on his face and looked so excited............then all of a sudden a number of kids were being put on their parents shoulders and Alan acknowledged everyone of them.  There were also a number of kids who jumped up on the stage and ran up to Alan to get a hug.........Alan didn't seem to mind and gave them a hug so that their parents could take their photo........I was tempted to do the same but I'm a big girl and it would have taken at least 4 people to push my frame up and then I would've had to throw my leg up again and haul myself up!  lol......I didn't end up doing it as I sure would have sustained some sort of injury.......but i was so tempted!

And yes that was his name Storme Warren........what a super bloke he is......so I hope our GOOD TIME photo gets published.......I'd be so over the moon.........and yes he seemed to have a crew with him taking video recordings and of course during Alans performance he was on stage taking photo's........

Anyway I am going to try and down load some photos........so again thanks for all your wonderful replys.......take care

Jedda
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: