Alan Jackson
May 02, 2024, 04:58:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilford NH meet and greet!  (Read 25330 times)
dvitale

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2009, 05:12:01 pm »

Just found out I won a meet and greet for the Gilford show...so excited cant wait!!
Has anyone been to one, how does it work?  Will he autograph something or is it just a quick picture?
Anyone else going?  This is a great place to see a show!

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 05:37:20 pm »

Congratualtions, dvitale!!!!  You will get your picture made with Alan, then they will give you an autographed picture with instructions on the back for how to retreive your picture with Alan!  I am so excited for you.  Be sure to come back and tell us all about it.  You are in for a night to remember!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
ajsgirl

I Lv AJ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 09:10:44 pm »

Way to go! I guess we would have heard by now if we won front row seats for that same show huh? Oh well, there's always next time. Have a blast.

Ann
suem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 09:33:47 pm »

CONGRATULATIONS!Looking forward to hearing about your special night with Alan!

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:03:43 am »

So exciting dvitale!  Let us know all about it!

Congratulations (Green with envy)[/b][/size][/color]

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

dvitale

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 09:19:37 pm »

Thanks everyone!  I will let you know all about it.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:44:17 pm »

Congratulations, it's an experience you will never forget.

Livin' On Love in California
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:48:08 am »

Just found out I won a meet and greet for the Gilford show...so excited cant wait!!
Congrats dvitale !!!

Enjoy every precious moment of it.. You get to speak with him hopefully and stand by him for the cameraman to make your photo w/Alan. when leaving. they give you a photo, already signed by Alan and your what to do's about your other photo are on the back of that photo,or that is the way it was with me. Hope this helps. be sure and have some ideas on what to say before going by Alan. perhaps you might speak first, since Alan is such a gentleman.I enjoyed every moment of my M & G and I relive it over & over. I had gone to many, many concerts in select states near & Nashville, but never had met him. I was so shocked getting to actually meet the best Country Singer , my opinon. What impressed me most was he is the same as I expected, so super nice!
Enjoy it!

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
luvaj10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 06:47:03 am »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  I just found out I won the front row tickets!!!  I am on cloud 9 also!!!!!!!!!  I have veen to many concerts but have never sat that close and have been a fan since I first saw him when he was an opening act for Randy Travis!  Maybe we could meet - you are so lucky!  My friend and I are driving in from upstate NY.  The husbands said to go and have a girls weekend!
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 07:49:01 am »

Congratulations luvaj10 on your front row tickets.   Enjoy your girls weekend!!!!   It is so exciting to hear about so many getting front row tickets and Meet and Greets!! Be sure to come back and tell us all about it.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
dvitale

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 04:42:22 pm »

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  I just found out I won the front row tickets!!!  I am on cloud 9 also!!!!!!!!!  I have veen to many concerts but have never sat that close and have been a fan since I first saw him when he was an opening act for Randy Travis!  Maybe we could meet - you are so lucky!  My friend and I are driving in from upstate NY.  The husbands said to go and have a girls weekend!

Congratulations!!!  Thats great!!  Are the seats in section B? You are never going to want to sit anywhere else...front row spoils you!  lol  This is a great place to see a show, I'm guessing you have never been here since you are coming from "upstate NY".  Even though you will be under a roof its still outdoors so depending on the weather you may want to bring a warm jacket. (although once the show gets going you will warm right up! lol)  If you have any questions about Meadowbrook just let me know I go to shows there at least 3 or 4 times each year.  Congrats again!! 
Diane
luvaj10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 02:44:36 pm »

Diane:
Hi - no I have never been to Meadowbrook.  Thx. so much for the heads up regarding bringing a jacket.  I wonder
what the weather will be like on Saturday night.  I am assuming the seats are Section B - I won't know until I
pick up my envelope that evening.  YOU must be SO excited!  Oh my gosh, I would be speechless for the first
time in my life if I met him!  What are you going to say?  Where are your seats?  We are staying in Tilton.
Are there restaurants around the venue or should be eat in Tilton?  How is the parking at Meadowbrook?
Do we need to get there very early?  Thx!
Karen  Grin
dvitale

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 07:23:45 pm »

Diane:
Hi - no I have never been to Meadowbrook.  Thx. so much for the heads up regarding bringing a jacket.  I wonder
what the weather will be like on Saturday night.  I am assuming the seats are Section B - I won't know until I
pick up my envelope that evening.  YOU must be SO excited!  Oh my gosh, I would be speechless for the first
time in my life if I met him!  What are you going to say?  Where are your seats?  We are staying in Tilton.
Are there restaurants around the venue or should be eat in Tilton?  How is the parking at Meadowbrook?
Karen  Grin
Parking at Meadowbrook isnt bad, a couple of large dirt parking lots, the one on the right is closest to the venue but usually fills up early.  They do come around with a golf cart and offer rides but its really not a long walk.  There is a restaurant right down the street from Meadowbrook called Patricks, its a popular spot to go before a show because its so close.  Here is the link..  http://www.patrickspub.com/index.php 
You dont really have to get there too early, there are lawn seats so people sitting up there will arrive early to get the best spot but since you have the FRONT ROW you will be all set.  If your tickets have a VIP stamped on them you can go into the VIP bar, its closer to the stage and the bathroom line is shorter!  When its time to leave if you are not in a hurry go into the second stage tent and wait about half an hour for the traffic to clear then you can just drive right out! Oh and there are some good outlets in Tilton if you feel like shopping!   http://www.tangeroutlet.com/tilton
I am very excited and nervious, I have no idea what I will say to him, any suggestions???  lol
luvaj10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 08:18:55 am »

Diane:
Thx. for all the info!  We will definitely try Patrick's. 
Oh my god - you must be so nervous.  We are leaving at 12:00 today.
Should arrive around 4.  Maybe just introduce yourself to him and
thank him for his music, etc.?  I don't know - I am sure I would be
speechless!  I'll be thinking of you.  I you see 2 stunned women in
the front row 40ish - thats us...I'll probably be sitting there in
shock!  I can't wait to hear about your meeting!!!!! Good luck!!!!!
Karen
Diane:
Karen  Grin
Parking at Meadowbrook isnt bad, a couple of large dirt parking lots, the one on the right is closest to the venue but usually fills up early.  They do come around with a golf cart and offer rides but its really not a long walk.  There is a restaurant right down the street from Meadowbrook called Patricks, its a popular spot to go before a show because its so close.  Here is the link..  http://www.patrickspub.com/index.php 
You dont really have to get there too early, there are lawn seats so people sitting up there will arrive early to get the best spot but since you have the FRONT ROW you will be all set.  If your tickets have a VIP stamped on them you can go into the VIP bar, its closer to the stage and the bathroom line is shorter!  When its time to leave if you are not in a hurry go into the second stage tent and wait about half an hour for the traffic to clear then you can just drive right out! Oh and there are some good outlets in Tilton if you feel like shopping!   http://www.tangeroutlet.com/tilton
I am very excited and nervious, I have no idea what I will say to him, any suggestions???  lol
dvitale

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 06:30:46 am »

Hi Karen,
Did you enjoy the show?  I had a great time obviously meeting Alan was the the best part.  It was kind of surreal, he walked out and stood in the tent and each of us was let in one a time.  I was totally tongue tied once I got up there I cant believe it! lol  If you knew me you would know I am never at a loss for words but all I managed was "hello, very nice to meet you" shook his hand, then he put his arm around my shoulders, they took a picture I said thank you and blurted out " I love your song Drive" and he said "Thanks, I appreciate that" and it was over, I walked away thinking....why didnt I say this or that!  I wanted to tell him the first time I heard Drive it brought back great memories of sitting on my dads lap steering the car down the street.  It was something I hadnt thought of in years and that song brought it back and made me smile.  But all I managed was I love your song Drive!!  Oh well there is always next year right!!  lol   I bet the front row was awesome, you must have some great pictures!  Did you catch a pick?  I cant wait to hear all about it!
Diane
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: