Alan Jackson
June 18, 2024, 01:16:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer's End - September  (Read 40442 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2010, 03:25:02 pm »

Sharon I have a water cooler.The bottle
is plastic and I would have to guess about
10 gals to you.I started buying water when
I had so many kidneys stones so far none, so
won't take a chance drinking from the tap.(LOL)
Jeri your sister was quick thinking to stick a
plastic bag in her purse.One year at our family
golfing we had some rain.Their was about 80 of us
walking around with plastic bags(LOL)It looked
so funny.
Having another day of rain(YUK)
Elaine

Elaine,
Thanks for telling about drinking tap water. I don't either but I didn't know.. I also had a tiny Kidney stone once and it nearly killed me LOL If it had been huge and not passed would have been worse than labor ha!
Yes I buy water also & have that on my sink to filter water.
Yes! The Clear Huge Plastic bags were a lifesaver, it did look funny I'm sure LOL but who cares. You know I even
put plastic bags on my heels once coming from Church in rain, but held on to hubby to not slip ha! Hey! it worked. the water was like several inches deep and I put some in my purse just in case.. What women can do! ha! Once also I called My Sister at Jackson Hole that Alan was in concert there when they were and they managed to get tickets. It was so cold
she wore the only coat she had from Florida but not very thick, so she again puts Clear thick garbage bags in her purse
and at the concert, she got so cold out in the stands, she got them out and both she and her Husband put their feet into the bag LOL, she even offered one to the couple next to them & they loved it! a great heat source in emergency..She said
Alan was smart,she thought she heard a helicopter fly over..LOL it may have been him. It was so funny because she's so
particular , to look good. she is really blessed with all she has, but so glad we got to spend some time with them back home in Mississippi.we took all the people who helped our mother in the nursing home out to eat with us. Never could repay them they were so kind. Elaine I know that was a shock to have to clean up that much water, after having gone to bed, so sorry for this. I was thinking a bottle of water...that was terrible. but now you have clean floors. I hope your rug is ok..
Take care, funny about at the family Golfing and your wearing bags, ha! it works Hey! we may have started a trend now LOL.. never know.. Take care to all, Jerrie-MS
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:33:05 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2010, 03:43:50 pm »

JeanB are you enjoying your two new CDs?  My husband and I went to a concert last Saturday with Reba, George Strait and Lee Ann Womack.   It was a great concert, we really enjoyed watching them all perform.
AJTexasfan, Reba is my female #1 at this moment. "Keep on Lovin You" is a pearl of a album!What a voice !!! and the songs... whow!!! My favorites in order: 1:"She's turning 50 today" - 2: "Just when i thought i'd stopped loving you" - 3: "Maggie creek road" - 4: "Keep on loving you" - 5:"Pink guitar".
I love George Strait (don't understand me wrong, lol). "Twang" is like his other albums the MAX, for me. Alan Jackson is my favorite singer. George can't change that. But he's singing a different countrymusic, i think. More relaxing love songs. My favorite songs on this album: "Twang", "Beautiful day for goodbye", "Living for the night", "Arkansa Dave" and "El rey".
About that last song, i'm looking for a TexMex album. El rey was written by Alfredo Jiminez. Is he the best TexMex singer, or are there other? Can somebody help me  ? I d'love to buy a TexMex cd.

Jerrie, enjoy your hubby and the Nashville trip.

Elaine, it must be funny to see Georgie playing in the water.

Kathy, great you can work from your home computer. Are you working on fixed hours or have you the choice?

Sue, have a wonderful day at the concert. Hope it doesn't rain.

Sharon, i tryed to order the ZBB cd on their website. But it doesn't work. Only for US and Canada. I  wait till i can buy him in Belgium.

Harriet, hope you are fine. Miss you on the board.

Fall is in Belgium too! Hope we have nice weather for a while so i can work in the garden. A lot of work before the winter!

Have a nice weekend everybody.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:56:05 am by JeanB » Logged

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2010, 02:48:28 pm »

Jeri I was lucky I didn't have any water
damage.Just ended up with a clean floor(LOL)
Jean yes it was funny watching Georgie but
it made more work for me.Glad your having nice
weather.Lots to do outside in the fall.
We are having a nice sunny day.
Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2010, 07:31:47 pm »

It's been kinda quiet here the last couple of days - almost time to start the October thread.  Where did September go?
Such a beautiful time of year, I love watching the leaves change - so many beautiful colors.   Fall is Mother Nature's finest hour, I believe.
Perfect weather today - low 70's, sunny, autumn colors.  A perfect day.
Had my furnace cleaned & checked yesterday - all set for that nasty winter season (not my favorite).

Hope everyone's doing well! 

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2010, 09:00:19 pm »

September is almost over.  I can't believe it.  The weather is a little cooler and the leaves are changing colors.  Autumn is one of my favorite seasons.  I was quite busy this month.  I thought I would have more time to be on here, but things keep coming up.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Harriet, I hope the surgery went fine and you are recouperating well.  JeanB-hope you will have time to work in your garden.  I have to get mine ready before winter.  I don't know when I will get to it.  I joined a fitness club and go at least three times a week.  I am enjoying that.

Tomorrow, my husband and I are going to Kingston, Ontario (about 2-1/2 hrs away from our home).  My stepson, Adam, who will be a father in December, is going for surgery tomorrow.  He is to have part of the bottom of one of his lungs removed.  He has Pulmonary Sequestration.  It is an uncommon mass that is usually cystic and is composed of nonfunctioning primitive tissue.  It is a complicated thing to explain.  But if they remove it, then the other lung can expand and he will be able to breath easier.  Hopefully all goes well.  Also, this week our niece, who got married a couple of weeks ago had to have a DNC done.  She had a tubular pregnancy in which she lost the baby.  At the same time they are checking around her ovaries because they see something.  Her brother is also had to go to the hospital this week to have a cyst removed from around his spine.  We are waiting to hear on the outcome of both of them.  It has been a very stressful week.  On Friday, I will be going to see Sarah Brightman in concert.  I am looking forward to that.

Well everyone keep well.  I am looking forward to the next long weekend in a couple of weeks.  Thanksgiving.  I need some time off.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2010, 10:39:02 pm »

Just letting everyone know that I had posted a new update I received from Harriet this afternoon (Wednesday) in the "Prayers. . ." thread. The news is good and am happy to hear it. Continued thoughts and prayers for you, Harriet.

It's almost October and time for Halloween. Of course, then again, some already have Christmas stuffs onsale and display on their shelves. Good grief! Can't we celebrate Thanksgiving first? No, wait. let's Halloween first. Geeeez! This is too soon for me to be even thinking of Christmas. I love but dread Christmas shopping. I'm a last minute shopper. :-)

AnitaMartina, my prayers to you and all your family members currently with health issues. Sorry to hear about it.

Kathy, you're right. It's been a little quite here. Hope everyone's doing well. Take care all and g'dnite!

HUGS,

BHR

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2010, 02:49:36 am »

Just want to let you know Anita Martina that I am keeping you and all of your family in my thoughts and prayers.  You hang in there and enjoy the well deserved concert!

Gwen
CARNAHANBI

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2010, 01:21:42 pm »

September is almost over.   The weather  here is  we have not no rain   for over a month now.     Dry here   still warm in 80s  in the day  and now cooling off in the evenings    been low 60s  and a few nights  in the 50s..

Living on Love     Arkansas
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: