Alan Jackson
May 20, 2024, 11:27:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jimmy Buffett Falls Off Stage in Australia Concert  (Read 8213 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2011, 12:23:52 pm »

Copy and paste in your Browser to read this.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/music/20110126/AS.Australia.People.Jimmy.Buffett/
http://www.comcast.net/music/blindedbythehype/6874308/jimmybuffetthospitalizedafterfallfromstage/

I hope Jimmy will be ok, was taken to St Vincents in Sydney, Australia, I hope He will be fine and get back to the USA asap!
 Wishing and Praying for a speedy recovery for Jimmy.. fell flat and hit his head, sounds like..on concrete
Get better soon Jimmy! Hugs and Prayers from your Fans. His sister ,sorry his sister is Lucy Buffett's w/Family Restaurant in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The restaurant is Lulu's. She will call him I'm sure.On July 11, 2010, Buffett, a Gulf Coast native, put on a free concert on the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The concert was Buffett's response to the BP oil disaster in the Gulf. I still love Buffetts and Alan Jackson's Song "It's Five O'clock Somewhere.Quote""It's Five O'Clock Somewhere" is a song performed by Alan Jackson with Jimmy Buffett, and written by Jim "Moose" Brown and Don Rollins. It was released in June 2003 as the lead single from Jackson's 2003 compilation album Greatest Hits Volume II. It spent eight non-consecutive weeks at Number One on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in summer of 2003. In addition, the song hit number 17 on the US Hot 100, making it the biggest pop hit Jackson and the first top forty for Buffet since the seventies. On November 5, 2003, it also won the Country Music Association (CMA) Award for Vocal Event of the Year. It is also Buffett's only Number One country hit. The song would go on to become the #3 country song of the Decade on Billboard's Hot Country Songs Chart.Unquote.

Mostly now, I just Hope and pray Jimmy will be fine and no serious damage..Sounds like a bad fall that scared the Fans.

"Come Monday" is another favorite of mine from the ole days. Come Home to the USA JIMMY and let us know you are ok.
PS- ALAN WATCH THAT Stage AND DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU GUY!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:17:51 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:31:56 pm »

Sorry to read this about Jimmy. My prayers
go out to him.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:51:12 pm »

Jerrie, sorry, I didn't realized you were posting this news too when I was posting about this also. On my post are other links to this news, some with update, including from the Australian newspaper, The Telegraph, and a video link as well showing what had happend.

Thanks for posting this and my apologies again.

BHR

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 03:00:31 pm »

BHR.. Tis ok... I just read it, we must have posted at the same time ha! I'm hoping he will be ok.. They did a Cat scan on me too, when I fell & they did one on Jimmy & it was ok..BHR. so glad to read further about it.. It hurts to fall at our age ,,
Thanks! Just hope Jimmy will be able to come Home soon..   why didn't someone break his fall....I would try to catch Alan for sure, if he overstepped the edge of stage.. It was fast, however..
 Jerrie
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:11:02 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 03:11:21 pm »

I was shocked to read this!   Jimmy, hope you are doing ok.   Praying for you & hope to see you back on stage soon - I'm a big fan!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »

I saw footage of the fall on the news early this morning and pray that Jimmy will be fine.  Terrible fall.   Prayers and Blessings Jimmy......

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 05:58:16 pm »

Being this is Florida we just had a update on local TV. bad fall.Hope to catch more later, just got the last part..

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:49 pm »

Just heard on the news that Jimmy is out of the hospital but that when he fell it was on concrete & he was out for about 15 min. That was scary. Jimmy Buffett is a well- loved musician & am sending up prayers for him.

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:08 pm »

My prayers are sent your way Jimmy. Take Care and come home as soon as you can.    nelle   

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
January

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 12:16:55 am »

Jimmy has been released and is doing well.  Thank God!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 12:44:07 am »

Thank you January.  Wonderful news.   Continued prayers for good health.

ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 04:11:05 am »

Thanks for the update Gayle.........still keeping our favorite co-singer for Five O'Clock Somewhere in my prayers!

Gwen
January

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 09:15:13 pm »

From Jimmy himself..

http://www.margaritaville.com/videos.html?ma_id=1&mc_id=489&p=1

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 07:24:26 am »

Thanks Gayle!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: