Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 03:06:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Sacramento, LA, and Vegas Concerts  (Read 10082 times)
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2010, 06:14:30 pm »

I just got home from Vegas, what a great 3 days seeing Alan, the Strayhorns, and friends.  I had FANTASTIC seats all 3 concerts, 3rd row center stage, 2nd row right in front of Monty and Mark, then 2nd row center stage in Vegas but since the front row seat just in front of me was vacant, guess where I was??  Yep, front row center!! 

Great crowds at all three concerts, didn't sit down at all, except during the "sit down" portion of the concert.  It was wonderful to see and hear Monty sing the Zac Brown part of "As She's Walking Away" with Alan.  Mark put a beanie hat on Monty for the part which even made Alan giggle.  Alan had on a different pair of jeans last night, instead of the buttons down by his boots, it was leather lacing. 

Alan was in a great mood and had a really GOOD TIME at all the concerts.  Each one was a little different as far as the set list goes, which was nice.  I got my row "neighbors" to help with the GOOD TIME signs at all the concerts, but some of the them had a little trouble at the second show.  Last night was perfect and it was cool to do them in the front row, right in front of Alan. 

I was lucky enough to get something signed at all three shows.  He signed his "star" that I had gotten from the AJ store and held it up. 

We hadn't planned on staying in Vegas last night, but all I can say is "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas"...LOL
Had a blast though and now it's back to the real world.

Livin' On Love in California
suem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 06:39:07 pm »

Thanks Terry.  Always enjoy your reviews!  You make me miss Alan even more!

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 08:49:26 pm »

Thanks Terry - I always enjoy your reviews too.  I can't wait for next weekend!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
tammyctaylor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »

Terry,

How did you land such great seats?  I have been waiting for Alan to come back to San Diego for years (saw him in 1992 when he was opening act for Randy Travis in Ottawa, Canada and then again in SD in 2001).  Finally came close enough and right when tickets went on sale I was online buying for me and my two children.  We ended up right of the stage but pretty far back in row CC.  I thought since we paid for the higher priced tickets that our seats would been closer. The concert was amazing and my kids (6 and Cool had a blast.  They danced and sang along with most of the songs and love Alan's music as much as I do. Any pointers for our next concert?  Thanks!

Tammy
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 08:57:09 am »

So glad you had a great weekend, Terry.  You've been missed, glad to see that you were able to see a few shows this year.  Great reviews, can't wait to see those new pants.  Leslie
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 12:50:13 pm »

Thanks Terry!  I was wondering if you were going to make these concerts - so glad you were able to go.   Great review, as always.  Hope you can post more often - you're missed here!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
BETTY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 07:56:05 pm »

Thanks Terry for reviews I was waiting for you to post a review.Glad you had a good time .I cant wait for concert in Cin Ohio. Take care.
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 08:32:37 pm »

Way to go Terry !!!  Front and center is the BEST place of all !!!  Glad you got autographs at all the concerts !!!  I loved reading how excited you were to see him again !!!  You can never see to much of Alan !!! 

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
Piper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 12:09:55 pm »

Terry-
Thanks for all of the wonderful information about those three concerts.  Your reviews are the best!
It was great to hear that you had a "GOOD TIME"!
Piper
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 02:38:20 pm »

Good to see you back, Terry! Thanks for that awesome review. WOW! You are so lucky with those good seats! DTTO on what everyone else has said. . .including, you have been missed here a lot.

Take care,
BHR

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 03:48:18 pm »

Thanks for your review Terry, always love them.
Enjoy Vegas.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 05:43:35 pm »

Great reviews Terry.  Glad you had such a GOOD TIME! 

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

firefly

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 12:05:22 am »

Fourth row in Vegas!!  I thought Alan looked slimmer than last time I saw him!  And-getting more handsome as time goes by.  Wasn't it amazing how people stood up, some the whole hour and a half!   Thought it was sooo sweet when he was signing autographs, evidently scribbling AJ on papers, but when someone handed him a shirt or hat, he slowed down, and really concentrated hard on signing his name to look good.    We couldn't understand a word the opening acts said or sang, but, as usual, Alan's performance was just soooooo perfect!!!
bltn1955

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 07:37:16 am »

Terry,

Thanks for the reviews and glad you had a GOOD TIME  !!

Wasn't that nice with Monty's solo part ?   Did you know ahead of time ?

OMGMA
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 03:10:14 pm »

Terry happy to see you had a great time at all
three concerts.Thanks for the review.
Elaine

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: