Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 09:29:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Aquapalooza - GREAT SHOW!!  (Read 16760 times)
katluvsaj

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2009, 08:38:09 pm »

Just got done watching Alan's Aquapalooza Special!   What a great show!   Excellent concert - what fun!  Alan sure was having a wonderful time & sounded wonderful!   The Strayhorns sounded great too, so glad they got to shine on Mercury Blues!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 09:32:52 pm »

I agree so much with everything you said Katluvsaj that I don't know what else to say.  It was all so great. I loved it.  nelle 

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
AJsTricia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 11:19:54 pm »

That show was the best!  Loved every minute of it. Hope for many reruns.

I can see me loving you forever ~ I can feel my arms around your life ~ I can taste your lips against my memory
Listen to your senses, what they have to say.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 11:56:47 pm »

It sure was a fantastic show and everyone looked like they were having a GOOD TIME, including Alan and the Strayhorns.

Livin' On Love in California
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 12:44:20 am »

What a super wonderful show.  CMT cut the ending song of Hank Williams as my channel did not have it.  Boo Hoo...     Alan and The Strayhorns were just great.  I will be up in the morning watching the re-run.
   Loved It.    Great Job..Well Done Guys.   Yee Haw....

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 08:58:21 am »

I was hoping that they would have shown Alan singing that Hank song, but they didn't.  It was a great show anyway!  Anxious to see what The Alan Jackson Collection is at Cracker Barrel - looked like a CD, but wonder if there is more!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
ajdrive0321

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 10:13:08 am »

I watched the show last night and again this morning.  We were there and it was so exciting to see ourselves on tv. My daughter is shown during the Country Boy song dancing on our boat next to my Alan cardboard cut out.  We had such a Good Time. Smiley
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 12:12:37 pm »

That really was great! I felt like I was out in one of those boats; it was so real!
Thank You Alan & Thank You CMT.

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 03:27:19 pm »

When I first read your post Harriet, I thought you said, "I was right out there on a boat".  LOL!  I did not see the Aquapolooza show on CMT!  Boo Hoo!   Sad Sad

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 03:41:45 pm »

Sharon, I will watch the schedule for repeats & let you know if I see any.

Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 04:28:10 pm »

I have watched the show three times and see something new each time.  Laughed when I saw the cardboard cutout of Alan and little dog riding on a tube with sunglasses on.   Alan was so happy with the crowd and they were with him.   It was so amazing that young adults were singing along and knowing all of the words.  That is just wonderful to see.  Oh..those gorgous girls in those bikinis.  I am so jealous.   What a lovely show and hope Alan can do it again in the very near future.

alotaboutlivin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 10:26:19 am »

Tom and I loved the show. I have it DVR'd and plan on watching it during the upcoming cold winter months. What a fantasy floating on the lake at a Alan Jackson & the Strayhorns show!!!
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 11:31:42 am »

Hi  alotaboutlivin    I watched the great show and I put it on TIVO too so I could watch it again and again through the long cold winter. Great minds think alike.  Take care and I hope you and Tom stay well.  LOTS OF LOVE   nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Kanaloa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 03:28:59 pm »

Nelle, love your photo of Alan.   Isn't that the one from the second edition cookbook?  I received an autographed copy of the cookbook.   Was so exicted when I saw Alan's signature inside the book that I kissed at it...oops...I hit it.   Just a little peck but have lipstick on it.    Think I will order another copy as I want to try a couple of the recipes and no way am I going to slop up this book.  So grateful for any of Alan's signatures and treasure them all.    Suppose there is no way to get a copy of the first edition?         Marian

nelle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 06:13:21 pm »

Marian  yes I think that it is the picture from the second cookbook.  I love this picture and I think it goes perfect with the the words I love from WWY. HE looks so thoughtful and prayerful.  I think you might not get another autographed book because I don't think all of them are. Book one might come back in the store.  Maybe you could ask Cindy. I am sorry I am  not much help.       I am helping you, Kanaloa by voting for ALAN everyday from your link.       nelle
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 06:22:18 pm by nelle » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: