Alan Jackson
May 04, 2024, 04:12:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 16713 times)
denlln

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:45:27 pm »

What are you currently listening to? it could be a song, telivison show, etc.

I am listening to
It Ain't Me Babe - Bob Dylan

-Cody

"Then the wind picked up and he was gone. was he ever really there?"

Seeing Alan live November 7th! I can't wait!
Capsi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 06:19:12 am »

Buddy Jewell's new song, "Somebody Who Would Die For You"
It's powerful....

Cathy
Kimberleigh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 11:03:40 pm »

Toby Keith......"Brought to you curosity of the Red, White and Blue"
denlln

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 01:18:07 pm »

^good song! Toby Keith was the first country artist I ever really got into...

My Life - Billy Joel

Billy Joel is great and really influences my piano playing! Good stuff!

-Cody

ajfan4sure

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 09:25:20 am »

Actually, Gone Country is on the radio at the moment!! 
JoAnn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 09:45:33 am »

"Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning "  is on the radio right now.

Jo Ann
denlln

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 06:42:22 pm »

^awesome!! Where I Come From came on the radio this morning and me and my dad sung along

The Wicked End - Avenged Sevenfold

I am like a musical chameleon hahaha I listen to basically all types of music from country to hard rock to funk and everything in between hahaha

-Cody

Somebody

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 07:52:53 pm »

Last song I heard on the radio was "American Ride" by Toby Keith
and I like Toby Keith a lot ! Right now Jamey Johnson's new song "My Way To You"
is playing . I Like Jamey Johnson a lot too. Glad he got nominated for a CMA award.

denlln

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:21:14 pm »

Hey Porter - Johnny Cash

listenin through the Essential Johnny Cash :]

-Cody

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 08:05:02 pm »

"Cody" ,

Like you, my Music ranges from Country to chamber Music! My parents introduced me to all kinds of music and I am so glad. There
was a a time when  I would not listen to Country Music, in my teens but as I get older I love getting back to my roots, so to speak.
I like Alan best, but I listen to all good Country. I loved going to Nashville & hearing all the "oldies" for years. It's much better to hear them all "Live". I saw Porter Wagoner's last performance at the Ryman.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
AJ#1COFAN

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 08:30:54 pm »

At the moment I'm listening to Alan Jackson's, Precious Memories Album!  Always enjoy the gospel hymns and no one sings them better than, ALAN!!!!

LIVIN' IN COLORADO LISTENING TO ALAN
denlln

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 10:13:18 pm »

I love Precious Memories!! I am usually not a giant fan of gospel music (except for at Christian camp that is a different story...I sing my head off there hahaha) but Alan sings it so well! Truly amazing!

"Cody" ,

Like you, my Music ranges from Country to chamber Music! My parents introduced me to all kinds of music and I am so glad. There
was a a time when  I would not listen to Country Music, in my teens but as I get older I love getting back to my roots, so to speak.
I like Alan best, but I listen to all good Country. I loved going to Nashville & hearing all the "oldies" for years. It's much better to hear them all "Live". I saw Porter Wagoner's last performance at the Ryman.

yes I remember back about a year and a half to two years ago I hated country music I thought of it as "old people music" so I never really gave it a chance back then but I am happy I finally did! I actually recall Remember When and Chattahoochie being among the first country songs I downloaded...good times

Looking Up - Paramore

As much as I love AJ, Paramore will always be my number 1 artist they are just amazing and their new album is truly fantastic

-Cody

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 02:13:57 pm »

At the moment I'm listening to Alan Jackson's, Precious Memories Album!  Always enjoy the gospel hymns and no one sings them better than, ALAN!!!!
LIVIN' IN COLORADO LISTENING TO ALAN
AJ#1COFAN .
I so agree w/you! Love the ole Hymns and we were there at the Ryman when Alan introduced His Precious Memories. I will
never forget that time! I took a CD to my mom's and she loved it! All the hymns Mom sang in Church, she loves.
Jerrie-MS-FL aka Artsy

luvthataj

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:22:08 pm »

ON THE CAR RADIO THE OTHER DAY THEY PLAYED "CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE" BY ONE OF MY FAVORITES, JACK JONES...SO I GOT ON AMAZON WHEN I GOT HOME AND ORDERED A CD OF HIS.  SAW HIM IN LAS VEGAS A NUMBER OF YEARS AGO, AND WAS ABSOLUTELY CHARMED BY HIS VOICE AND HIS MANNER.  I THINK HE REMAINS ONE OF THE BEST OF THE MALE "CROONERS". NEVER GOT IN TO FRANK SINATRA ALL THAT MUCH, KNOW HE WAS A GREAT SINGER AND ALL, BUT HIS PERSONALITY TURNED ME OFF.   BUT ALAN IS ALWAYS ON MY PLAYER, ESPECIALLY THE PRECIOUS MOMENTS, AND RED ROSE CDS.
jean-az 
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 12:08:44 pm »

Jean/az, I love Jacks Jones and that song! He is so good looking too! always loved his voice. I also found an old Phobe Snow
on I-Tunes and got it. loved her way of singing "Poetry man". Does anyone remember an instrumental by Larrry Carlton called
"Sleepwalk"? my hubby and I that is our song we feel in Love about then. I have it now too and our Anniversary is coming up soon
unfortunately my birthday too & means I'm getting older LOL. Alan and I both are ha about the time of his.
Jean/AZ my sis and hubby saw Elton John at Vegas & she loved him.. she never did until recently but he puts on a great show!
I like Melissa Manchester, "Midnight Blue" remember that? she was really good in those days..
also remember the Classics IV Jean/az , My hubby worked with one of the guys,  they broke up a while and now were back to recording until Dennisl Yost ( lead singer)died recently. he went to his funeral. He records people now and is into gospel music, his name is Wally Eaton. He works now as a professor here in Jax..
who else have you seen in Vegas Jean/az?  That is the only reason I would like to go there when we retire, I'm no gambler. ha!
Jean/az Michael Bub'ble.. is good to listen too also and the great music of Peter White, caravan of dreams CD. I could go on & on
Take care all, Love a bit of Bach at times too LOL

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: