Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 12:47:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Brooks and Dunn  (Read 6616 times)
Dot

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:40:09 pm »

Am I the only A. J. fan who went to see Brooks and Dunn last night? 
They were wonderful, they sang for at leat 2 and 1/2 hours.   Reba came out to sing a few lines of "Cowgirls Don't Dry." I was hoping A. J. would make an appearance too, but he didn't show up!!
I think my favorite song they sing is "Only In America", they shoot out  red, white and blue streamers and the crowd goes wild.
One time Kix said they were having such a good time they might sing all night. He also, said, "This is not a funeral", "We did show up to party." They both told jokes about why they were leaving.  I really think it was a sad night for them. 

Bridgestone was packed, we were really high up but in front of the stage, so at least we had a good view. I really hate to see them quit touring. 

"Gone Country"  From KY
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:50:56 am »

Dot, glad you got to go. Health issues will keep me from going to concerts & traveling but I'm sure everyone there enjoyed it. I have seen them twice in concert & they put on a great show. Sad to see them end their duo career but bet they both have plans for other things.

I really love Only in America & the streamers Coming Out.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:52:00 pm by HariAJFan » Logged

January

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 11:40:46 am »

We tried to get to see them at DTE but couldn't get decent seats and I am turning in to a concert snob - I am just not going to pay 75.00- 100.00 and not get good seats.  I did see them when they toured with Alan in 2007 and enjoyed them very much!  I am glad you got to be a part of history - that is cool!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:40:58 am »

Glad you had a good time at the Brooks & Dunn concert.  I saw them several times when they toured with Alan.  They are fun to watch and really get into the show.  I'm sorry they are stopping.  Maybe they'll be like the Judds and keep turning back up!!!!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:37:40 am »

I also saw B and D twice in 2007 in CA when they were touring with A. J.

January, I wouldn't have paid big $$$ to sit up high either, but our tickets only cost $30.41, the money was used as a fundraiser for the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.  Which I thought was a very nice gesture.

I forgot to mention when they walked off the stage Kix threw his hat in the crowd.  He also thanked the fans for paying their rent for the past twenty years.

"Gone Country"  From KY
IndianaNative

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 12:29:17 pm »

Yeah, I was down in Nashville for the final Brooks & Dunn concert and it was great.  I was sure that Reba would make an appearance as long as she and George Strait didn't have a concert that night.  It was great to see her; she is such a class lady.  Hank Williams Jr. was sitting a few rows in front of me and was a big hit with the fans.  He was very gracious accomodating all of the fans who wanted a picture taken with him.  The Last Rodeo has ended!!!   
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 12:41:37 pm »

Am I the only A. J. fan who went to see Brooks and Dunn last night?  
They were wonderful, they sang for at leat 2 and 1/2 hours.   Reba came out to sing a few lines of "Cowgirls Don't Dry." I was hoping A. J. would make an appearance too, but he didn't show up!!
I think my favorite song they sing is "Only In America", they shoot out  red, white and blue streamers and the crowd goes wild.
One time Kix said they were having such a good time they might sing all night. He also, said, "This is not a funeral", "We did show up to party." They both told jokes about why they were leaving.  I really think it was a sad night for them.  

Bridgestone was packed, we were really high up but in front of the stage, so at least we had a good view. I really hate to see them quit touring. . 

Dot, I'm a Huge AJ Fan but Yes! I love Brooks and Dunn and shall miss them together. I hope Ronnie and Kix continue!
We Love  Brooks and Dunn but could not go due to being in MS or something was going on with my husband. I really wanted to go as our Son lives in Nashville. I have been to many B&D Concerts. Love them in Concert! I loved "Believe" and "My Maria" also the ones you heard.. we are going to that Venue to the ALL For The Hall. Our seats are in FLOOR rsection 6, Hope we can see well and it's not so hot..row three near Isle. Is that area nice? I can't get anyone to tell me much about the Venue..we are mostly going to see Alan and help out the CM Hall . The Arena is the Bridgestone Arena. It a fundraiser also for the Hall too and Alan will be there. many , many Singers.
where you went.. Definitely loved B&D and cried when I saw that Video of the Last performance.. So glad you got to go
I know it was touching, Jerrie-MS
PS-Dot don't you think;
Had they had lots of Singers on there, it would have taken up their time to Fans, right?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:28:09 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 03:50:12 pm »

Enjoy the B & D concert. So sorry they finish playing together.
There's only one band like them!
Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 08:24:30 pm »

Enjoy the B & D concert. So sorry they finish playing together.
There's only one band like them!
Jean

Here is their Last Roundup..http://nashvillecountryclub.com/Members/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2327
This is Looking back-I guess it's all that is allowed. I Hope they show the Last Show on Video, I'm Buying!
I have it on twitter also.. I hope it works for you , since you are in Belgium..It says Share, so I presume it's Ok here
Love Ronnie Dunn and Kix Brooks--- we will see them again , I'm Sure of it!!! Nothing Like this DUO
Ronnie Sings from the Heart and men and women in Concert just are glued to his every word. Kix is wayyy Fun and perfect
 w/Ronnie.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 09:22:53 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 09:45:17 am »

Thanks for the link Jerrie. I missed on Nashville Countryclub. Glad to hear ther's hope that they made music together in the futur.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 10:09:13 am »

Thanks for the link Jerrie. I missed on Nashville Countryclub. Glad to hear there's hope that they make music together in the future.

Jean

Jean/B and All Fans,

I heard on BYO twitter "Ronnie is recording presently and getting produced soon" !GREAT! I'm sure Kix has plans too. He is already what I call the "Grape Farmer" LOL  a Vineyard. Love those Guys! Like Jean says however, "Alan is my favorite Singer."Overall, a good super kind family man that Fans adore.
Ronnie and Kix were my favorite male Duo. The Harters Trio sounds Great , you can see their Video on CMT, Jenny.
Love that mandolin..and they are really into Country Music and have thier own sound, which is good.

Dot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 07:25:55 pm »

Jeri,
I just sent you a message, let me know if you recieve it. Yes, Alan is the number one country singer for me too.
But no one could out do Elvis.

"Gone Country"  From KY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: