Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 01:09:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE for Where I Come From -to be on the next mission to space  (Read 2703 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2010, 01:41:44 pm »

Did you guys see where Alan's Song has been selected for space... "Where I Come From" You can vote on twitter if you are on. I already voted and Alan has over 6 thousand votes.

I thought it was a joke but I hit the link and voted.. VOTE if possible. Alan is doing well, near the top..
It tells about it on the Front Page >Under HOME At the very TOP- on this site..
Alan has been a success all over and now in Space whew!! I am so proud of him..
Jerrie-FL  
You may also read about it -under NEWS at the TOP.. very interesting..

Here is what it says;

08.30.2010VOTE for Where I Come From to be on the next mission to space

Alan Jackson And Willie Nelson Songs Might Return To Space
8/28/2010 11:44 AM ET     

(RTTNews) -  The National Air and Space Administration is employing an online poll to allow the public to pick songs that will be played during an upcoming mission. Alan Jackson and Willie Nelson are among the prestigious artists with songs that have made the cut.

Nelson's iconic "On the Road Again" and Jackson's "Where I Come From" are among the 40 songs listed at Nasa's official site for the contest. The website tells visitors, "Your Mission: Vote on your favorite!"

Songs by Bruce Springsteen, Elton John and the Beatles also made the list, which features other artists ranging from Jimmy Buffett to Metallica.

The two tunes with the most requests will be used as wake-up numbers for the crew of the upcoming STS-133 mission, scheduled for lift-off on February 26, 2011. All the options were used in previous missions, but now the public can choose what the next space crew will have to listen to while they are far away from home

VOTE  VOTE VOTE

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:48:00 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 01:46:37 pm »

Thanks Jerrie,

I just voted. Here are the results so far:

Star Trek Theme Song  (by Alexander Courage) 377,944 Votes - 32.4%
  Magic Carpet Ride  (by Steppenwolf) 358,140 Votes - 30.7%
  Countdown  (by Rush) 224,980 Votes - 19.3%
  Blue Sky  (by Big Head Todd) 100,468 Votes - 8.6%
  Enter Sandman  (by Metallica) 15,150 Votes - 1.3%
  Theme from the Star Wars Trilogy  (by John Williams) 11,790 Votes - 1.0%
  Beautiful Day  (by U2) 10,115 Votes - 0.9%
  Over the Rainbow  (by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) 8,972 Votes - 0.8%
  Where I Come From  (by Alan Jackson) 6,151 Votes - 0.5%
  Window on the World  (by Jimmy Buffett)

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:53:51 pm »

Thanks Brenda, .,

You know what is funny in a way, my sister is close enough to see all the(night) launches from her backyard lol. Some are loud too. I thought it was a joke at first when  I got it on twitter from Alan's site ha!
I was fooling around on the site and sent my photo in space and it sent me back a page that said it will go up & what date..
I told my hubby  Jerry , I hope it doesn't have bad luck like me.. when it goes up.ha
I can download a certificate that verifies that my photo went in space and what date...or get an official one..it's so cute on a  little window on the spacecraft...
My husband says"It's ok Honey, you been acting strange since you fell anyway." he is so funny.. ha!
we have gone to see so many launches when our children were home. know lots of people who work for the Space program
that knows my sister.. her friends, not ours..
So proud for Alan to have been chosen.maybe his song will play when my photo goes lol...I will know by November 12.
Jerrie-FL
Oh Lordy! I never thought, they might rather look at a younger person , not my photo in space LOL
It was our 20 Anniversary photo, only me..however.. I was younger then lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:08:42 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: