Alan Jackson
May 17, 2024, 11:39:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Dizzy!  (Read 6328 times)
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:25:32 pm »

by now you probably know CMT shut down the message boards and changed their web site.  I will try to keep in touch with you. And just wanted you to know I'm missing you gals.  It's tough for Trish and Paula especially because they can't post on the threads here because they aren't members of the fan club.
Becky

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48:25 am »

The thread  is still there if you can find it.  I don't know for how much longer.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
AlanfanBecky

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:39:26 pm »

thanks Jinx,  as you know I found my way in but it was tricky!  hope it lasts. Lips sealed

"we won't be sad, but we'll be glad for all the life we've had and we'll remember when"
Remember When by Alan Jackson
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:55:31 am »

Becky can we still send Mail to one another that way... It's listed in our Profile..I've never used it and not sure how really ha! Dizzy will miss it..and Paula too. Thanks for letting us know. I got in there someway, but I just thought they had a new webpage.
Maybe they want to limit what people say bad ,about those they do not like etc..I haven't read anything bad about Alan..
I haven't posted as much recently since hubby has been sick.. but I'll miss how Paula is etc..and Sue posts too.
What did they expect from us, not sure I understand whey they may remove it...are you?
Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
January

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:24:05 pm »

Jeri - what I saw said that they did not feel enough people used them to warrant keeping them open - they take up a lot of web space and that gets costly.  I have not been able to get in since they closed them down but quite honestly I only tried for a little bit. Get a facebook page and hook up with all the Alan fans that way - it's fun!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 09:08:55 pm »

I have been able to get on the message board ok...I am sure there will come a time if they are making a change...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 09:58:47 pm »

Good Dizzy,

Glad you found it.. You do much better than I.. I haven't the time lately w/hubby not well & my sister is passing through from their vacation. I'll be so glad to see them.
My son sent me  a photo of his LR floors finally finished in pretty wood. They got their property finished fenced in ..
After the Flood , it has taken so much time to get people to do work. Her Church helped some I think w/the painting walls.
It looked pretty the LT wood by the fireplace..Looked like marble or granite around Fireplace..So much damage for young people. They helped a lot of the older neighbors..taking food and cleaning out soiled  rugs too. people helping people.
Take care, Jerrie

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 10:16:29 pm »

Jeri I feel sorry for all the ones that have had so much damage...Glad you son and dil finaly got there finished I am sure it was not easy for all the repairs that have had to be done after the flood...Maybe when it get a little cooler and you hubby get to feeling better you will be able to go and see you son and dil and new babies...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 09:05:45 pm »

Dizzy,I want to see my G-babies soon, yes! They are getting so cute now..we could make a short vacation of it and let them visit us, in our hotel suite and get out of the flooded house a while..or that was flooded.. The inside is almost done but more to do.I feel so bad for them trying so hard to help others, they have been wonderful helping neighbors..It's was so hard to get anyone to do work inside, they were busy helping everyone..Their Church helped so much..friends helped.

I was so glad to see my older Sister, they spent the night last night and went home today..I feel like she is my second mother, almost, not too much age difference but she seems like my Mom . can't explain it..
My bil looks bad , he's had some health problems.. but my sister looks so good and healthy..I hugged and hugged her, I was so glad to see her,She had a great vacation where it was cool lol. she hated to come back to this humidity.
(missing Mom I guess, since she passedI was so glad tosee them).They went to the mtns and Bangor Maine, several other States and Her Bil drove them & Sil went with them..So she was glad as her husband doesn't like driving in the Mtns. They ended up back at Bils Williamsburg, VA, bil & sil bought a 6000 sq ft new home, their son is a builder.. They are in a neighborhood asso. and they really are strict. The yard had brown spots from the drought there , only a few days and a neighbor was complaining lol.I would never live in one..Their sons are buying two homes there too, so I guess no one will complain. I love privacy but no neighbors who act w/bigotry..They are too strict there, I don't care how much money they have. Their house is so nice but to have someone complain about a spot in the yard, while gone on vacation is silly..BTW, the lady is moving now lol
I like my home nice but we live a normal life and I'm no bigot and hate any part of it.. No one is better than anyone else.
Alan feels this way I think also.. maybe it's our background, raised with love and good values.

Dizzy, they hardly ever play Alan's HHAAH now on Gator country. what is the secret..The DJ did play all my requests but now the siong has dropped wayyy back.. They wont answer the requests phone or it is busy or the Email comes back.
Thye have always been the best.. I think Doug m ust have left or they let him go..he was a nice guy DJ Doug.,I asked John on WQIK to play Alan and it's # 11 on there. It did reach # 1 on Gator country however.. So maybe it hasn't on WQIk
John has interviewed Alan on the show..You can listen to the interview on WQIK, I'm sure you know that Dizzy.
Take care now, everyone.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:16:11 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 09:23:37 pm »

Jeri I think it is about over is the reason they won't play it much anymore..
They will play the one with Zac Brown...It is being played every four hours for sure
I didn't realize they had stop playing HHAAH  as for Doug he could be on vacation
he is nice...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: