Alan Jackson
May 17, 2024, 11:19:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan Jackson Highway  (Read 7332 times)
BeagleMom

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 09:42:47 am »

I was looking thru the exclusive photos that are for the fan club members to look at and seen pictures of the highway that was dedicated to Alan.  Just wondered if anyone knows where this highway is??? I'm planning on going on a road trip soon and would love to get my picture taken with the sign.
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:07:19 am »

BeagleMom, the Alan Jackson Highway is located in Alan's hometown of Newnan, Ga (Coweta County). From the AJFC site's NEWS page: GEORGIA HONORS ALAN - Oct. 25, 2006 (credit my son for finding this; for being autistic, he's smarter than his Mom. . .LOL!) - "The Alan Jackson Highway" stretches on Interstate 85 from Palmetto (exit 57) to Highway 154 (exit 51) about an hour southwest of Atlanta.

We moved here in Newnan September of last year and that was the very first thing I had wanted to do, get my picture taken by that big sign. We did some driving around, found the highway, but only saw a small sign on the side of the road. We never found the exact location of the big sign. If you happen to find it, please post the exact location here (or if anyone here already know where it's at, please let us all know where it is). Thanks in advance.

BHR

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:15:11 am »

Isn't it on 85 South or West.  I think someone stole the big sign.

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:35 pm »

It is on I-85 South from the Fulton Country/Coweta County line through all the Newnan Exits. A couple of years ago someone stole the sign but it was evevntually replaced.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:29:35 pm »

Isn't it on 85 South or West.  I think someone stole the big sign.
OH Sharon I never knew that...Hmmm
YOU didn't LOL  j/k now..Sharon - the best lady in the world, well one of lol
I only saw the small sign myself. Traffic is so fast, you be looking for it, it goes by fast ha!
Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 04:01:15 pm »

If my friends in Indy knew that sign was stolen, they would probably think I did it. But...I have never been to Newnan, YET. I sure want to go. I have been close.  Friends of ours went through there this summer and picked my husband up a shirt from the Harley Davidson store...they said they looked for one with Alan on it, but couldn't find it. I would have had to wear his shirt if they did. LOL

Thanks for the info on the sign(s) in case I do make it down there.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: