Alan Jackson
May 18, 2024, 10:59:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Last Night's Show in St. John's  (Read 22374 times)
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 09:19:40 am »

Now it sounds like y'all were excited!  Glad you enjoyed the show/shows.  There's nothing like that man walking on stage and the Strayhorns too.  Where were your seats?  Our fc seats are always (or most always) awesome!  Welcome to the experience of being an Alan Jackson fan and seeing him in person!

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 09:29:10 am »

Thanks for the reviews Sheri and Annie!!!  It is always great to hear different reactions to seeing Alan in concert!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Sheri79

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 10:28:41 am »

My seat was in row H.  The next time I go and see him I will definately getting them off of the Fan club website.  They were great!!!
Rusty1970

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 11:12:38 am »

I attended both the first and second shows here in St. John's.  The second show was as good or better than the first.  After the first show I was a little disappointed that he did not play Pop A Top....however the he did not disappoint last night.  I wish I could go again tonight.  He is an awesome performer and I truely hope he returns here in the future.  The promoters of this event have shown that they can definately bring the big name acts here.  To the guys at 5th String Entertainment....keep up the great work.

My wife (TRINIE75) and I were able to take some excellent photos of the concert.  We had 8th row on the first night and 2nd row last night.  Check them out here:

http://s1038.photobucket.com/albums/a467/Rusty1970/Alan%20Jackson%202010/

« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:19:14 pm by Rusty1970 » Logged
momx2

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 11:16:30 am »

I'm glad to hear the show is good, although really, would you expect anything less.  Come on, its Alan Jackson...
I am going tonight, although my heart is a little broken.  When the tickets to both of the first shows went on sale, my baby son was really sick, so I didn't get to buy them soon enough and missed out.  I have them for the third show, but prefered seats weren't available and I ended up with really not good seats.  Apparently, they sell the floor seats first before the stands.  I got through soon enough to get floor seats (before they would sell the stand seats) but got them waaaay in the back.  I guess when you get through too soon to buy the tickets, there is a fine line between bad seats on the floor and good seats in the stands.  I've checked my email I swear every ten minutes every day for the last week and a half hoping to have been lucky enough to win front row seats or m&g, but I guess I'd know by now. Sad
Anyway, at least I am getting to go, and my son is all better, so I should probably look at the bright side...
Rusty1970

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 11:19:24 am »

They have two big screens and they are allowing you to go down in front of the stage.  You will enjoy this concert no matter where you are.
AJfan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 11:52:03 am »

Thanks for the great photos. Love that light colored shirt. Cool
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 01:06:20 pm »

Thanks for sharing your photos - you got some really good ones!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 02:10:54 pm »

So glad you enjoyed the AJ shows - nothing better!   Thanks for the photos - awesome!   Look at those boots!!!

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
AJSCALIFFAN

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 05:08:33 pm »

Thanks for the reviews and pictures, so happy y'all had such a great time.  There's nothing quite like an AJ concert!!!!

Livin' On Love in California
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 11:00:50 pm »

Oh how I wish that I could have been there!   Seeing AJ live there would have been so signifcant to me because my mother was born there in 1933.  She met my dad in the mid 1950's while he was stationed there as a GI.  My parents met a USO dance and had their first kiss outside Cabot Tower.

I hear that Newfies are very friendly people.   Awwwww, shucks, this one would have been extra special!
momx2

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 07:34:31 am »

Okay, so I think my heart rate is coming back down to normal...
I took some pictures last night at the third show, but they are not that great.  I'll try posting them anyway.  But I look at the pictures now and I just can't believe I SAW ALAN JACKSON IN CONCERT!!
To say "what a thrill" would be such an understatement.  He sounded fabulous, he looked fabulous... what more can I say. 
The show started by some short video clips on the big screens, and it was building up and building up and then he walked out on stage.  I don't know why, I just started crying.  I started to compose myself and he sang Remember When, I started bawling again.
Every song was a hit.  What a wonderful wonderful experience.  I am just so speechless, I don't know what to say.
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 08:25:32 am »

momX2, sounds like you really had the night of your life.  Glad you enjoyed it, Alan has a way of doing that to us.  Glad your son is ok now.  I'm sure you will remember that night for a long time.

Rusty, thanks for the pictures, had some great ones.  Leslie
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 11:58:43 am »

Fun to read about your wonderful Alan experiences!  Not much better than that!

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
dizzydean

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 08:54:36 pm »

:)Just waiting on Rusty to give his review since he got to see
Alan 2 nites ...Give us all you excitement now becuse we new
you were really excited because you attend the two shows..
It all sound so good so far ...

"Lovin AJ since 1990"
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: