Alan Jackson
May 14, 2024, 12:10:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet and Greet General Question  (Read 10554 times)
luvaj10

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:26:19 pm »

Does anyone happen to know how many fan club members are given meet and greets per show?
Is it more than one?
Peggiejc

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:38:49 am »

I don't know the answer to your question,but I am going to my 24th concert in Springfield Mo on 9/23 and have never got a M & G or a front row ticket.  Angry Cry Cry Cry Cry
ajthecatsmom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:46:17 pm »

When I had my Meet and Greet, I think there were 6 of us from the fanclub then there were about 5 or six from the venue or radio station as well.  It was ONE OF THE VERY BEST MOMENTS IN MY LIFE!!!!!  Good Luck!

Gwen
luvaj10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 11:17:27 am »

Peggie, I am so sorry to hear that!  I feel your pain!!!  I have wanted to meet him so badly for years.  I think you have me beat in the number of concerts attended though.  I've only been to 18.  It is so disappointed to hear that from you!  I truly hope you get a meet and greet!  I did win front row last year in New Hampshire and was truly grateful, however, the seats were all the way at the end of the row and we had a giant pole in front of us!  But it was front row and I don't want to be greedy!  It all depends upon the venue and that was not the fan club's fault!  The security allowed me to go to take pictures by Alan as many times as I wanted.  I wish all of you die-hard fans would get a meet and greet!  Maybe you will this year, Peggie!  Good luck!
kelliecluney

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 10:04:30 am »

Hi Gwen,

I received my meet and greet notification a few days ago!  I can hardly wait!  The concert is tomorrow night.  I was just wondering if you could fill me in on what to expect?  Will I be the only one allowed back stage, or will I be able to take my Mother, who is going to the concert with me?  I really hope she can go as well?  All the e-mail said was to pick up an envelope at the box office window before the show starts.  I think I'm still in shock that I was picked.  I'm not letting myself get to excited because I'm afraid something will go wrong and I won't get to meet him.
Hang in there Peggie!  Your time will come!

TRINIE75

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:40:13 am »

Hi Kelly,

Congrats on the win!   I have one too - for tonight.  As for the rules - if you won your pass through the fan club then it is only for you.  No guest or transfers allowed.   I can let you know more details after the concert tonight if you wish!   I can't wait!  If you look under the meet and greet section of this site you will find the rules for the meet and greets! 

Counting down the hours now!

Trina
mar4aej

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »

At the Monticello, IA show on 7/23 they only allowed fc members
who have the pass showing.  They have been having these in
hospitality tents and allow 2 fc members in there at a time.
It is very quickly done and they have their prof. camera on a tripod
all aimed and ready which is why this goes so quickly.
They also have you leave Everything outside of the tent on a
designated table (or something like a table).   I heard some
folks were not wanting to leave their purses unguarded so they
did get a security person to do that there.    I held my friend's
purse for her because we knew ahead of time this was going to
be the case.  I was not in the m&g there but my friend was as
a fc winner.

Congrats on having these experiences coming up.
It will be too fast but worth the wait. ; ) 
kelliecluney

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:41:24 pm »

Hi Trina,

Congrats, you must be getting pretty excited now!  Definitely give me all the details about your meet and greet experience and the concert in general. 
I was hoping that I might be able to bring my Mom in with me, she is a hard core fan!  I even thought of giving her my pass, but if it's non transferrable, then that will take the decision out of my hands, thank God!

Hope you have a wonderful night!

K
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 02:10:37 pm »

Hi Gwen,

I received my meet and greet notification a few days ago!  I can hardly wait!  The concert is tomorrow night.  I was just wondering if you could fill me in on what to expect?  Will I be the only one allowed back stage, or will I be able to take my Mother, who is going to the concert with me?  I really hope she can go as well?  All the e-mail said was to pick up an envelope at the box office window before the show starts.  I think I'm still in shock that I was picked.  I'm not letting myself get to excited because I'm afraid something will go wrong and I won't get to meet him.
Hang in there Peggie!  Your time will come!

K
Trina and Kellie

Try not to be nervous but it is normal. Alan is super nice to make his Fans feel at ease.. One thing I would advise is to go a bit early to pick up your M & G and instructions at will call. I would also advise you to copy your Email that says you have a meet and greet to take with you, be sure to tell them you are an Alan Jackson Fan.

I would not take anything in with you except your instuctions. I would leave my purse or camera with  whomever you are with, but if you go alone, they have security and a table to put things on that they watch for you. Try to remember to tell Alan your Name( I forgot  ha) and where you are from.. and if you like his  music or whatever you wish to tell him quickly..It is ok to be a bit nervous. I walked up there and really was relaxed but in such awe..  Remember Alan is SUPER nice.. Enjoy this time as it will be re-lived over & over..and such a wonderful memory.. They wil give you instructions on the way out , to look up your photo they just made of you & Alan. Copy it in the best Quality to get it saved.. They might give you a photo of Alan already signed..to bring home with you..Enjoy andcongrats to you both for  getting  this honor..I will always be grateful for my time with Alan.. It was a Dream come True for me and I met him not far from my hometown of MS, which really made it special. Mine was Indoors also and I enjoyed seeing Alan so much that close.. You wont be let down, He is all I ever Dreamed he would be and so handsome up close too. we have been to many , many Concerts and to the Ryman and Grand Ole Opry, up close at those two. Enjoy  it and Bless You All!

Jerrie-MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
kelliecluney

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 10:09:02 am »

Thanks for all the kind words Jerrie!  I can't wait.  Only a few more hours to go!

Trina, where are you?  I was hoping for an update?  How did last night go?

Kellie
kelliecluney

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:21:41 am »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the meet and greet last night went off without a hitch!  It was absolutely wonderful to get to meet him and have my picture taken.  I will say that it is very fast and furious and there is very little time for any kind of conversation, but the opportunity in itself is well worth it!  Thanks to the Fan Club for making it happen!

Kellie
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 09:57:15 pm »

Just wanted to let everyone know that the meet and greet last night went off without a hitch!  It was absolutely wonderful to get to meet him and have my picture taken.  I will say that it is very fast and furious and there is very little time for any kind of conversation, but the opportunity in itself is well worth it!  Thanks to the Fan Club for making it happen!

Kellie
Kellie,
Congrats, so happy you enjoyed it! You will remember the time forever..I was at the end of the line, so I took a bit more time to talk , he was ready to go on stage after me,,.when I had mine. Isn't Alan super nice? I just think he is so wonderful and I am so glad you got to meet him also.. Congrats again!!
Jerrie-MS-FL

TRINIE75

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 12:39:43 pm »

Good Day all! 

I did not mean to disappear but I became swamped at work and at  home!!!   Kellie so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meet and greet!  I did too!  It was fantastic!  I watched my second show from right in front of the stage.  There was no way for me to get closer. LOL.  So at the end of the night I left with a pick, a signed ticket, the photo from the meet and greet and my pic with Alan.  At the end of the show Monty from the Strayhorns stayed out and I had a chance to chat with him about his trip to Newfoundland.  It was good to hear they were all having a good time.

I can't describe what a time I had.  It was absolutely the best concert I have ever attended.  My husband (Rusty in here) felt the same way as well.   

Sorry I did not get back in here sooner!!!

Cheers,
Trina
AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 12:48:58 pm »

Trina thanks for coming back to share your experience at the concerts.  I enjoyed Rusty's pictures too.  Sounds like y'all had a great time - what great memories too!!!

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 01:31:16 pm »

Trina,
So glad you enjoyed the Meet and Greet..even when  rushed, it's heaven. I'm glad you got to talk to Monty Allen, he is so nice and I talked to him a while too,and said hi to Roger..So glad you enjoyed it and sounds like you were at a great place to see well. So nice to meet Alan's Fans from all over.. They come over from Belgium, sweden, norway, England, Germany
and all over..I hope some of you might get to come to this country and see Alan & maybe do some sightseeing in Nashville, maybe..So happy you all enjoyed Alan and the StrayHorns..Come to see Fans here, in the USA! All I have met are super nice!
Jerrie-MS & FL
PS- Tell Your Husband Rusty, we enjoyed the photos!! from Alan's Fans from  Newfie!! Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 08:39:23 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: