Alan Jackson
May 03, 2024, 11:05:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Music, Alan's "Til The End"  (Read 3230 times)
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:45:35 pm »

Just Curious what you think,

I read in The Boot about this song that Alan has on his" Freight Train"CD, I did not know of Vern Gosdin's music. I noted that Alan had one on this CD called " Til The End", so I looked it up on CMT and also webpage of Vern's. I simply
Love this age of music, Vern Gosdin did this one with Emmy Lou Harris and it was great. Like Alan said "Vern could get all out of a song, that was possible."I know what he means now.. He had a bit of George Jones sound also. I'm not familar with his muisc but it sounds like in his day, his music was the soulful honky tonk style , then gradually music changed to more like Bluegrass and Traditional Country, then Alan came along after Randy Travis, I guess and won the Awards ha!I'm sure Alan did this Song out of respect for Vern Gosdin..he was a good singer and I have actually enjoyed listening to his Music tonight..
Alan did this"Til The End" with Lee Ann Womack. Here is Alan w/Lee Ann womack on Sessions below;

http://www.leeannwomack.com/news_d.aspx?nid=5728&cmnt=1

The band sounded great with Vern Gosdin's  music, back when.
I doubt that Country will ever go back to that type music, but it's nice to hear and reminisence. Especially since I don't
remember that Era of music..Country Music now will always have pop w/Country, Southern rock etc...I love the Music Alan sings best!Also love his deep Love Songs best!

Dizzy do you remember him? It said he died in 2009 and that is last year and not much older than my husband ha!  Just curious if you remember him..
 I really enjoyed Vern Gosdin's Video of this song Alan did called "Til  The End", but not sure it would get airplay now, with all the type songs out today. That has to be a consideration when getting those awards , I'm sure.
If you would like take a look at Mr. Gosdin's music on CMT and  I hear a bit of Alan in there too w/George Jones. Vern Gosdin was called "The Voice" and that is how I feel about Alan's music, I hear a bit of Alan's Voice in Don Williams, but Alan improves as he ages, which seems impossible.. but true.. So smooth and deeper..

Radio has a mixture of older music and Country pop.. etc.. so Alan's has to record something that will go along with airplay and slide up to the younger audience too. He sure has mastered  the Art of staying in synch with what the younger Fans and also audience demands. I often refer to Alan as "The Voice", never knowing that was what Mr. Gosdin was called.

Dizzy when you mentioned you liked this Song, I had no idea who did this before. nice discovery. Alan Jackson has woven a Tapestry of Songs everyone can Appreciate.. Love Alan's style of writing , using less words, but it says so much..
Any opinions on this Song.."Til The End." What do you think will be Alan's next one out? I like "That's Where I Belong" with summer and the uptempo sounds. I also like "Big Greeen Eyes", the Ladies will think he is singing it to them, all of us LOL
It's really ALL his girls, at Home..ha!
G'night Ya'll  Smiley
Jerrie-FL

[/b]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 04:39:39 pm by Jeri_MS » Logged

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:39:52 am »

I love "Till the End."  It is one that keeps playing in my mind after listening to the CD.  I love them all, but this one stands out to me.  Leslie
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: