Alan Jackson
May 16, 2024, 04:14:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Alan on the cover of CW  (Read 15607 times)
katluvsaj

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:07:58 pm »

Got an e-mail from Country Weekly about picking one of two different covers for the next issue.   And when I opened the e-mail there was not one, but two covers with Alan on the cover.  They were both gorgeous (actually the same picture), just one of just his face and one down to his knees.   I picked the full picture, just cause I love those holey jeans!  LOL    They didn't say a date for this issue, just the next issue.   So watch out for it - the one I saw in the store today was with George Strait, Reba & Toby on the cover.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
ALNJKSN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 05:28:31 pm »

GREAT NEWS !!! I will be looking for it !!! 

Yee Haw !!!
Carla Poggmiller
BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 09:32:15 pm »

Kathy, thanks for the info. If this issue is the next one coming out, that would make it 3 issues in a row that Alan is featured on CW. I have just bought a copy of the current issue of the CW with GS, Reba and TK on the cover and the Alan song they talked about on their "Story Behind Their Songs" feature there is "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere." I can hear now the fans of other country artists complaining again about featuring Alan on their magazine and having his picture on the cover yet again. From time to time they publish letters from fans of other artists complaing about Alan being always on the cover and being featured too often in the CW mag (along with GS, Brad P. and so on) and I just had to smile (that doesn't make me an evil, does it? LOL!).

Thanks again. Kathy. for giving us this info. I, too, would be looking for it.

BHR

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 09:33:19 pm »

Thanks, Kathy!

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 10:13:26 am »

Thanks Kathy.

It sounds like CW understands "real country".  I can't wait to see it.

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 06:25:54 pm »

The new CW I bought today has Sugarland on the cover!    I was so disappointed not to see Alan.  It is the
issue after the Reba/Toby.George cover.

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
January

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:07:30 am »

Any Alan stuff in the Sugarland issue?  I only buy it if he is in it- lol. I would imagine that the Alan cover would take a little bit to get on the board - if you figure the time to get the poll results back and then get the whole thing printed - they should do an issue with both covers - they would sell twice as many to the crazy Alan fans that would buy both!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
jinx47

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 03:21:44 pm »

Nothing about Alan....

JINX

LOVING ALAN FROM FLORIDA
bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 04:24:57 pm »

Does anyone know when/if this copy is out yet?

Thanks,

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 07:52:08 am »

January, great idea to release both pictures, of course us crazy ladies would buy both!!  Leslie
AnitaMartina

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 07:49:18 pm »

I will be looking for this one too.  The fan club members in the USA usually get it about a week before we get it here.  I usually get a weekly notice from CW of what is coming out and I have not seen that one yet.

AM - "Keep Livin' On Love - Canada

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 07:27:16 pm »

Hubby and I made a quick trip to the store very near by us a few hours ago (he's doing better but son and I carried the stuffs we bought inside the house. . .not to his liking, of course...LOL!) and took a glance at the current CW issue with Sugarland on the cover if there is any mention of Alan being in the next issue. Sure enough, it was mentioned there. JINX, at the very end of the editor's letter she mentioned it. That issue should be at some stores this weekend. If you're a subscriber, you should be getting it before then. I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be one of those of which the subscribers' issue wil have a different cover from that of the ones that will be sold at the store. I think I'll go ahead and restart my subsxcription. Sure would love to get hold of copy of both covers too.

Speaking of which, I came here on the AJFC site late this morning/early this afternoon and the cover of the coming issue of CW with Alan gracing it along with a news about it was posted at the homepage. It's a georgeous cover picture! I was lucky to have seen it as when I came back a few seconds or minutes later, after checking the CW site if it's already there, it was no longer posted at the homepage and was replaced with what is there now about the fund raiser celebrity trivia game at GOO website. I wonder what happened there. Can't wait to get my copy(ies) of the next issue of CW! Another one to add too to my AJ magazine collection. :-)

BHR

January

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 08:48:43 pm »

I picked up a copy a Wal-mart this evening - haven't read it yet but the cover is nice!!

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 09:30:00 pm »

I have a subscription but delivery has been erratic. I haven't gotten the one with Sugarland or Alan & I haven't gotten one with Toby & Reba. I wrote them a letter asking them to get the kinks worked out in their subscription service & to send me my magazines I have missed.

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:19:13 am »

Yikes...sounds like I need to run up to Walmart (again) and look for the magazine since I am not a subscriber. Thanks for the info!

Brenda in Indy

Brenda in Indy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: