Alan Jackson
May 15, 2024, 03:48:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Just wanted to introduce myself  (Read 11175 times)
miamired

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:41:21 pm »

Hello,

My name is Carolyn.  I am a fairly new member and a fan of AJ for quite some time.  I have a variety of musical tastes, with the exception of hip&rap (don't get me started,lol) and I am pleased to make my fanship official on this site.

I'm 51 and blush when I think of the crush that I have on him!  This was as a result of the "Remember When" song and video.  I consider it one of the most beautiful and touching works of love ever!  His beautiful wife, Denise was in it as well.  Surely, I am going to burn in hell over this, LMAO!

I look forward to getting to know all of you.  I hope that AJ brings his tour to South Florida.  I have always wanted to see him live.

Take Care and God Bless.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 11:07:13 pm »

Carolyn,

Nice to meet you from South Florida! I'm Jeri from Florida too, only near Jax..
Welcome to the AJ Forum. This Group has so many wonderful Fans as you come to
enjoy knowing them.. The ones who post here, are usually the regular ones who post often.All ages..we behave here.

The Fans here are all a very nice group and some have met Alan , some have been in his Video's, some have
been to nearly ALL his Concerts. I have had the pleasure of meeting him in 2009 Nov.. He is Super Nice..and so Handsome
I understand what you mean about the "Remember When" Song and Video. It is the best Love Song and that dance and kiss with his wife is the Love they have for one another..It is better than Any movie dance & kiss, I have yet to see..
Alan is all you dream he is, he doesn't put himself above his Fans, he is just so super nice and it's just his nature..

It was great to see him , I had been a Fan for years.. before coming hereon the site in 2005 I think..You are younger than I . Alan's Fans are all ages from Young people to older. all super nice!

Perhaps when or if he does come back to florida, you can see him and apply for a front row seat and a Meet and Greet..
It tells how to do this on this site. You also have to make up a name & PW seperate for the Store .

Nice to meet a new Fan.Again Welcome! I am hoping to see Alan in FL too, My husband was ill this year, so we haven't seen him in a while. I have met from the band or saw close and said hello to Roger and Monty, They are super nice!

Jerrie from FL and MS

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 07:48:35 am »

Welcome Carolyn!  Hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us do.  Leslie
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:20 am »

A special thank you to Jeri_Ms and Ismeltzer for their kind and gracious welcome replies.  I must admit that being 51, I grew up on great rock and roll. I can mention rock here, right?  This good ol' country site won't make me feel like a Muslim at a Baptist convention, will ya?  LOL!

Seriously though, I am exceedingly proud of the paring of Alison Krauss and Robert Plant.  Led Zepplin, like many of the early British bands have long spoke of their musical influences with American grass roots music.  I can not say enough about "Raising Sand."  Neither artist did it for the money or commerical apppeal and we we left gifted.

Like many, I made the mistake of limiting myself to one genre when I was younger.  Maturity has reaped it's rewards.  For several years I have been enjoying country and have thanked my father repeatedly for his turning me on some great jazz.

I am a firm believer in paying tribute those artists who legacies have inspired us.  AJ often acknowledges Hank Williams and I respect him for that.

Thank You again, Carolyn
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 02:35:19 pm »

Carolyn welocme to the board.It is always nice to
have new faces here.I grew up with country but love
most kinds of music.Was a big fan of Elvis ,Tom Jones
The only music I didn't like was heavy metal.My son was
into that and it drove me crazy (LOL)
Canadian fan Elaine

katluvsaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:58:01 pm »

Welcome Carolyn - so glad you could join us here.  Love, love, love Alan, but was a wild teenager during the Beatles era and still love them today - can you believe Ringo turned 70 yesterday?   Also a big Jimmy Buffett fan.
Hope you join us often.

Kathy

Alan Jackson's songs touch our minds, our hearts, our souls.
January

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:06:59 pm »

Hi Carolyn - Welcome to the board - I am Gayle from Ohio - haven't been here much lately - our workload has increased and my granddaughters have been down here a lot beacuse they love to swim and Grammy has a pool.  I will meet you in hell - I think a lot of us will be there if our Alan crushes are enough to send us -and we can just continue on with it there.  Guess it will be 5 o'clock for us in eternity! 

≈*♥*≈January≈*♥*≈
"Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 11:34:38 pm »

A special thank you to all who have made me feel so immidately welcome!  As soon as I have some more time, I will search other topics and respond with delight in getting to know all of you.  I don't want to give the impression that I am self absorbed by replying to my topic too often.

I am so happy to be a part of Alan's official fan base.  I think that the best of Americana is here!  How very nice it is to be a part of communicating with others that can express their opinion with out using foul or vulgar language. 

I'll close with what's been on my mind recently.  As I mentioned earlier, I believe in paying tribute to those who have gifted us with their talents and regretfully can be forgotten or too distant of a memory.  In that, I leave you with the following two links.  Amazing how the Fred Astaire/ Cyd Charise one holds up today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKanPsUjP7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUbO-XvWvKA

bb2832

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 07:26:41 am »

Welcome Carolyn,

I am Brenda from Indianapolis and I too love AJ and this fan forum. I still hope to meet Alan some day. I have chased his bus as it arrived at our State Fair here a few years back and I was lucky enough to have front row seats at the Grand Ole Opry in September 2008, when he was there. I was star struck, and could barely breath at the sight of him. He is truly more amazing in person. I had a sign wishing him a Happy 50th birthday and my friend took a picture of me holding it up to Alan, and that picture made it into the next AJ newsletter. I was thrilled to say the least.

Take care.

Brenda in Indy
"Life is a journey, not a destination"
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 09:11:24 am »

Welcome Carolyn,

I am Brenda from Indianapolis and I too love AJ and this fan forum. I still hope to meet Alan some day. I have chased his bus as it arrived at our State Fair here a few years back and I was lucky enough to have front row seats at the Grand Ole Opry in September 2008, when he was there. I was star struck, and could barely breath at the sight of him. He is truly more amazing in person. I had a sign wishing him a Happy 50th birthday and my friend took a picture of me holding it up to Alan, and that picture made it into the next AJ newsletter. I was thrilled to say the least.

Take care.
  Lucky you!  Thanks again to all who have made me feel so welcome.  Don't know if you had a chance to look at a link that I posted with Fred Astaire/Cyd Charise showing how after almost 60 years, it can hold up to modern music.  At this moment if I could be given the choice of hanging out with AJ all day, all the concert perks, etc. OR be given the wardrobe of the women in that video, I don't know which I would pick?  And, I love AJ!

I just know that if I were ever to meet him, that not one intellligent word would come out of my mouth! 
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 01:17:47 pm »

Welcome to the board Carolyne. A lot of fine people here. I'm Jean from Belgium. The only male on the board , i think?

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 01:46:22 pm »

Miamired thanks for the links.I watch "So your think you can dance
and their is not much difference from Frd Astaires dancing.
Elaine

Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 04:36:59 pm »

Welcome Miamired!  As a former Miami girl, spent my teen years in Miami Springs and went to Miami Jackson, I understand your feelings for the tall blonde guy!!!  This is a great group of fans.  I've never met AJ in person, have touched his hand and had him speak at the stage, but on my bucket list is to have a M&G with him.  Ah well, it keeps me going.....

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 03:44:37 am »

Welcome Carolyn, I'm Kimberly from the Netherlands..
nice to have you joined the board..
Like the rest of us here we all love our Alan, that's the main reason why we're all here..
I've been a fan of his since 2004 and been to 7 concerts of his, I too love him so very much...
he's got the most beautiful and sexiest voice on earth and not to mention his good looks that attracts alot of women.
in my book he's #1!!!
I would love to meet him someday and tell him right in the eyes how much his music means to me and how much joy it has brought into my life...

AJ IS THE BEST
miamired

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 04:44:05 pm »

Welcome Miamired!  As a former Miami girl, spent my teen years in Miami Springs and went to Miami Jackson, I understand your feelings for the tall blonde guy!!!  This is a great group of fans.  I've never met AJ in person, have touched his hand and had him speak at the stage, but on my bucket list is to have a M&G with him.  Ah well, it keeps me going.....

Ah yes, Miami Springs, just down west from the airport.  A teenager in the 70s? in Miami?  Did you go to any concerts here then?  Miami is so different now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: