Alan Jackson
May 08, 2024, 10:52:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PLEASE PRAY FOR MY DAD  (Read 13247 times)
TAMTOE

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2010, 04:18:24 pm »

HELLO ALL YOU WONDERFUL A.J FANS...HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE FOR A WHILE. MY DAD HASN'T BEEN DOING WELL. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH ME AND BHR ARE HAVING SOMEWHAT OF THE SAME TROUBLES IN OUR LIVES.
MY DAD IS 75 YEARS OLD AND I TOOK HIM TO THE DOCTOR ON MONDAY (MY MOTHER PAST AWAY 3 YEARS AGO ) THE DOCTOR TOLD ME HE TOO HAD SOROSIS OF THE LIVER AND IT WAS VERY ADVANCED. OF COURSE IMMEDIATE TEARS, WHEN I ASKED HIM HOW LONG WE WERE LOOKING AT 3 MONTHS ,6 MONTHS OR WHAT. HE TOLD ME JUST TO TAKE IT 1 MONTH AT A TIME. HIS NAME IS LEON COX AND HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY HERO. I STARTED WORKING FOR HIM WHEN I WAS 8 YEARS OLD, HE WAS A BAIL BONDSMAN AND I WOULD GET UP AT 3 OR 4 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING TO GO WITH MY DADDY TO THE COUNTY JAIL AND STILL GET UP AND GO TO SCHOOL. I AM NOW 46 AND STILL WORK WITH HIM EVERY DAY..
THE PRAYERS I AM ASKING FOR IS FOR JUST NO SUFFERING FOR HIM...BECAUSE I KNOW GOD WILL CARRY ME THROUGH IT.

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE, BECAUSE THERE IS NOT A GREATER BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAN WHAT I HAVE FOUND IN THIS FAN CLUB
TAMMY

TAMMY
GONE CRAZY IN CANTON GA.
HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »

Tammy, sending prayers up for you & your Dad. Sorry you're facing this difficulty. Love coming your way.

Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 06:52:27 pm »

Tammy, I want you to know you can get through this but,  God can Carry you now..

I just lost my mom a while back & it's difficult. Prayers do help and it's all that kept me going
with my mother.

Offering You and Your Dad my prayers . God will be with him and never leave him or You.

God Bless you as you go through this. God is in control now.

God Be with You and  your Dad is my prayer.

my Hugs and Prayers and my thoughts will be with you, Jerrie-FL

PS- This was my fear for Mother, the suffering, but she just went peacefully, after I got a big smile from her & hugged her
and told her we were all there with her. That song of Carrie Underwood's made me cry Temporary Home but it also helped.

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Luckylady44

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 07:44:20 pm »

Tammy, I'll sure pray for your dad and you too.  Also, I'll add him to our church prayer list..

Loving That Alan Jackson in South Carolina!
Cause life's a dance don't ya know
That's it, there you go

AJTexasfan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 08:42:07 pm »

Tammy, I will be remembering your Dad and you in my prayers.

"But old Tennessee and me couldn't take Texas out of her"
JeanB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 04:39:03 am »

Tammy, i keep you and your daddy in my prayers.

Jean

Belgian#1 Fan
kimberly

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 08:57:34 am »

Tammy, I'll add your Dad and you on my prayers list..

AJ IS THE BEST
nelle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 11:24:53 am »

Tammy I will pray for you and your DAD.    God bless you both.   Take Care and HUGS to both of you.       nelle

Faith, Hope and Love are some good things HE gave us and the greatest is Love.      WWY 
Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 01:37:18 pm »

Tammy your dad and your family are in my prayers.
I had the same pray for my hubby.I use to pray
everynight if you have to take please don't let him
suffer.He passed away without a day of pain
from the liver cancer.
Elaine

BIGHUSKERSRED

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 03:44:13 pm »

Tammy, your Dad, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. The last time I saw my father before he pased awayat age 94 in 2007 I was completely in shock and filled with all sorts of emotions. I hurt so bad for him I wished I had been in his place. He suffered a massive stroke in 2003, the 3rd time he had a stoke, and was paralyzed on the left side of his body, couldn't talk or walk and unable to swallow so he was tube fed. The sight of him was exactly the opposite of that of the strong (for his age), energetic and witty man he was when we had our last family reunion in 1995. He died peacefully, while taking a nap, from the complications of the stroke he suffered. I just want you to know that from this experience I know and can imagine what you must be going through right now. BIG HUGS to you.

BHR

lsmeltzer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 08:17:07 am »

Tammy, will keep you and your dad in my prayers.  That is what family does and we are all a big family here.  Leslie
LOUIEFL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2010, 08:29:55 am »

Tammy my prayers and thoughts are with you and your dad -  I lost my mother in March - so hard to see someone you
  love in pain.  Just keep all your memories and happy times in your heart  to help you through this rough time. 

" There's never perfect but there's faithful and true "
                   -  never to late to wanna do better -
SugarPlumFairy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2010, 07:32:02 pm »

Tammy ~ My thoughts and prayers for you and your father. May he be pain free and be kept comfortable. It's always hard to lose a parent. The people who love you, will help you get through this as all the memories you have of him. Blessings to you and your family, especially your Dad.
TAMTOE

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2010, 11:58:48 pm »

Thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers..please keep them comming. Talked to his doctor again today..he told me that he wasn't God, but the way things were looking he had 1 month maybe 2. The hardest part was I had to tell Daddy....been a hard day, one I will not soon forget.
But I wanted to tell you all that I am so blessed to have my Alan family. I am in a few other fan clubs and never have I seen people as sweet,kind and precious as all of you are. Even if I get busy with taking care of other things and don't have a chance to get on the forum,I feel as though I haven't been forgotten.Sometimes a simple thank you isn't enough,but from the bottom of my heart i thank each and every one of you.

God bless and love to you all
Tammy

TAMMY
GONE CRAZY IN CANTON GA.
Jeri_MS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 10:31:21 pm »

Tammy I'm still praying for you and your Dad .Like you were concerned about, the main thing is to keep him pain free. we did this for my mom..
You will be always, in my thoughts and prayers and your Dad.

I talked to my mother and told her everything I wanted her to know before she died.. it helped me to have the chance to do this.
Take care of yourself, Hugs, Jerrie-FL

I enjoyed the Meet and Greet in Tupelo!
Thanks so much for your time! Nice meeting you Alan!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: