Alan Jackson
May 07, 2024, 12:38:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Teddy Kennedy  (Read 5036 times)
suem

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2009, 12:20:33 pm »

Watched his funeral.  Nice eulogies about Kennedy the man.

HariAJFan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 08:30:12 pm »

Watched the services at Arlington. Very moving. It got dark before they finished.

Canadiangirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 05:49:55 pm »

I watched the funeral and the route they took
to the cemetery.I found it even harder to watch
as George and I had taken that trip to the cemetery
in 1999.It didn't show up much on the T.V. but
where president Kennedy and his wife  are their is two
smaller markers on either side of them for the two
children they lost .
Elaine

Jeri_MS

Love getting to Meet My favorite Singer/Songwriter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 08:00:37 pm »

Lordy! I watched this Tribute and cried all day. It was so sad with his family to me. He was a worker for the less fortunate.
I do know they fought for justice for the poor and less fortunate. They truly cared.

When I was in school, my Dad had to go by the courthouse on the way home and we saw ( remember this was before intergration in MS)People lined outside trying to vote, they had given them a college equivalent test , to make sure they could not vote. This was during civil rights period. they had no rights and as a child it made me sad to think they could not even vote at that time. a right for every citizen. soon I saw the FBI and Kennedy's cars there, to make sure they were allowed. Now the school is intergrated. They fought for the rights of the poor and less privileged, I saw it happening. they had money and could have done nothing. His wife looked so sad and alone..

He attended Church and had so much faith to go through all the tragedies of the Kenndy's family.
Elaine we just visited DC not long ago,w/ our teens. I noted that also, what you spoke of..

http://www.alanjackson.com/templates/default/images/icons/aj7.png

It's Jerrie Hi!!
 " Alan, I Enjoyed  the Meet & Greet @ Tupelo! Thanks So Much for your Time! " : )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: